Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Exclusive VIP Offers -- November 23rd (online)

sramsram Member Posts: 60
I saw this in the Holiday catalog and am surprised there is not a thread on it already! I am not including the thread for store invitations on Nov 23rd. This is online for VIP members.

I presume one of the offers is the four minifig set after you spend $100. But it says offer*S* - what else is implied? Any idea anyone?

Comments

• DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    What four minifig set are you talking a out
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    My catalog does not have this in it, but I received the in store invite separately.

• BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Didn't they do a similar warmup to BF last year?
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 388
    ^ yes, they did. Same thing as last year.
  • sramsram Member Posts: 60
    I was referring to the set from another thread - I thought it was Holiday Set#2, but maybe it is different. It had four minifigs in it. Cannot find it right now.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    Yes, last year was more "early bird" rather than exclusive.
  • AquapolisAquapolis Member Posts: 31
    I'm waiting to unleash my VIP points :D
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    edited November 2013
    Never mind - DH just received his catalog, and there it is on page 3, with a smaller "why shop here" box. So, not every VIP member is getting this ad!

Anyone who did see this in a catalog:
    Which catalog? I just received the Late Winter, and already have the Holiday one - both without the notice.
    What page number? I think it might be on page 2, as I have the right portion of the image on page 3 butting up to page 2, but in it's place I have an ad for free shipping over $75. Thanks.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    @cmrt1014, I just received the catalog today (Late Holiday 2013 Catalog), it is at the bottom left of the 3rd page on mine.
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Thanks, as you can see, I just picked up DH's catalog and there it is!
    GoldJono
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    No love here...
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 273
    Nor me, I don't normally get the coupons on them either, do you?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    I never get coupons but I have that VIP box on my page 3.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    So the question now is, can those who were determined by Lego to be terrible people and lower than pond scum (i.e. those of use who didn't get the VIP box on page 3), still get in on the goodness, or will it be tied to VIP ID?
  • mooman66mooman66 Member Posts: 122
    Confirmed. It was in the Late Holiday catalog. Can't wait to break out the egg nog and make ill-advised purchases at 12:01.
    y2joshDougoutBumblepantskhmellymel
  • UmbratinkerUmbratinker Member Posts: 16
    saw this in my catalog today as well, does anyone know what kind of deals Lego will have for this?
    I would guess it will be triple VIP and the #40083 for $99+ purchase like the stores will have that day.
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    Have the triple VIP points been confirmed or still a rumor at this point?
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    Is that the same deal as black Friday, just a few days earlier?
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    edited November 2013
    Received the catalog and first thing I noticed is the "Just for VIP Members! See page 3." seal printed on the top-left of the catalog cover.

Also there's a print on the back of the catalog - the right of the shipping address - that states, "Exclusive VIP Offers on 11/23! Only at shop.LEGO.com."
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    edited November 2013
    Opps...please delete.
    margot
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    3x VIP would be awesome. Lets cross our fingers.
    Pretty sure this is open to all VIP members. Should match what stores are offering, the exception maybe the PaB box stores hand out for over $75 purchases.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,065
    I really can't wait, it's as though TLG has created a warm and exciting atmosphere during this time of year which is always a welcome "exception to the norm" of the hussle and bussle. I hope all on these forums get just what they want for LEGO this year!
  • Peter1975Peter1975 DeventerMember Posts: 165
    This is the only offer I got, but not interest in these, so I'll wait for the free #40083

EARN 50 VIP BONUS POINTS!
    Earn 50 VIP Bonus points on these great LEGO® sets, 1st-30th November:

75013 Umbaran MHC™ (Mobile Heavy Cannon)
    31011 Aviation Adventures

Offer is valid 1st to 30th November 2013, in LEGO Stores, via LEGO.com/shop or orders over the phone. Offer applies to items 75013 and 31011 only. For online and telephone orders, points are attributed to the account once payment is received. Points will not be credited retrospectively for purchases made prior to, or after this promotion. Points will not be earned on any applicable taxes or shipping charges. Offer cannot be combined with any other VIP offer, discount or coupon. Offer not valid at LEGOLAND Discovery Centres or LEGOLAND Parks. The LEGO Group reserves the right to amend or cancel this promotion at any time without prior notice. Subject to availability.
    Just as @ColoradoBricks said:

Triple VIP and the #40083 for $99+ purchase
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,834
    edited November 2013
    Well I went ahead and got the DeLorean for my brother-in-law for Christmas. Free shipping + $5 VIP for me later isn't too shabby. Kept thinking about adding other things to get the free truck but decided to wait and see if sales will happen next week.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    I got the Technic Crane. I figured it was as close to a good deal that I will get on the set, when you figure in the Ltd Ed Christmas set and the extra 5% off with my Discover card.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,351
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, put in an order for a bunch of the Thanksgiving day and reindeer and christmas tree polybags and an order for a Winter Cottage
    cloaked7 said:

I got the Technic Crane. I figured it was as close to a good deal that I will get on the set, when you figure in the Ltd Ed Christmas set and the extra 5% off with my Discover card.

Yeah was looking at the LoTR Tower set, but still debating on that to be honest. I like it at 3x vip but dunno if I can pull the trigger today, maybe when it happens again on BF (At least Im guessing this 3x VIP will also occur on BF)
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Lego site is so busy i can't get in to order! Shoveling some snow then I'll try again.
  • avoiceoreasonavoiceoreason Member Posts: 224
    ^Yeah, server seems to be down. I can't get on the U.S. site either.
  • steve23094steve23094 Member Posts: 42
    Yep, totally fallen over. Not sure why, it's not a particularly good deal.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 942
    Can't access it either. I received an email this morning offering #40083 but there was no mention of triple points, is that universal?
  • steve23094steve23094 Member Posts: 42
    There wasn't any offer of triple points for me (UK).

This was what I got:-
    TODAY ONLY!
    JUST FOR LEGO® VIPs
    Spend £25 or more and get
    FREE DELIVERY!
    Spend £50 or more and also receive a
    FREE EXCLUSIVE CHRISTMAS TREE TRUCK!
    Spend £100 or more and get an additional
    10% DISCOUNT!
    Offers valid online only.
    edited November 2013
    This is what I got in an email. I'm a U.S. customer.
    =======
    TODAY ONLY -
    JUST FOR LEGO® VIPs!
    GET TRIPLE POINTS AND FREE SHIPPING ON ANY PURCHASE!*
    PLUS, SPEND $99 AND GET A FREE EXCLUSIVE HOLIDAY SET!*
    Offers valid online only.
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    10% discount but it doesn't stack with the 10% off the x-wing deal or earlier in the day with the 20% off the b-wing? Is that right or is it just me?
    Like I mentioned on the front page article: Someone needs to clarify/find out if these are the same deals we are getting on Brick Friday/Weekend.
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 147
    Lego site down here. I will keep trying!
    Site is back-up in the US.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Got in finally. No discounts on any of the sets mentioned here. So i finally caved to the completion bug and picked up Town Hall for a hefty Triple VIP score!
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652

Like I mentioned on the front page article: Someone needs to clarify/find out if these are the same deals we are getting on Brick Friday/Weekend.

Only way to know this is if you know someone on the inside, otherwise you have to decide by 11:59 tonight if you want the current known deal or if you want to take your chances for a better deal on BF. Basically, it's what you see or trade for what's behind the curtain. The choice is yours.

Good point, and yes I do know someone who works at the store here in Columbus.
    LegoMom1 said:

Basically, it's what you see or trade for what's behind the curtain. The choice is yours.

It's like playing on Let's Make a Deal.

"Well, what do we have Robert? It's a person dressed like a LEGO brick! We'll now, LEGO brick. Do you want what's available now? That is, triple VIP points. Or, do you want what is behind curtain number 1? Or, would you like $20.00?" :-)

^^I'm not sure that someone who just works in a store is "inside" enough to be privy to this info. But if it is, why not contact them now and report back.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    This is the same deal as BF only on BF online orders over $149 will get the $10 GC as well. Also some slow moving non-exclusive sets and items will be 20% off or so on BF.
    Talked to the manager at my local store here in the US and she said Triple VIP will NOT be next weekend. So I went ahead and placed an order. Got Winter Market, Creator Eagle, Decorating the Tree, Council of Elrond(sp?) and Castle Dragon.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257

This is the same deal as BF only on BF online orders over $149 will get the $10 GC as well. Also some slow moving non-exclusive sets and items will be 20% off or so on BF.

Awesome. I needed that.
    @llanowarsoldier- There you go! Just be sure to hang on to your receipt this time!!! :)
    Legoboy
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950

You can always return things to Lego for a full refund. If to a store, it's just gas and time, if to [email protected], it's your dime to ship back. So, if you bought today and find a better deal BF, grab it and simply return today's purchases.

Yes you will be out the return shipping, but that's only $10-$20 or so (depends on what you got, of course), which you can factor into the "new deal" if you decided to go for it on BF.
    ^Yes, but as he found out the hard way, you can't do any of the above w/o a receipt!