Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Some deals at TRU this week 11/17-11/23

2»

Comments

• legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    The Christmas tree polybag is really cool even if you have to pay 3.99US for it because you can't find anything else to buy at TRU.
    I do hope that y'all left a few in the store for someone else because they are going to be awfully disappointed if there are none to be found anywhere.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 744
    My local TRU had them behind the counter/customer service desk. Which is a 1rst time they've done that for anything promotion. Might be something new(for them) or maybe they didn't have room on the floor with all the Geoffreys, 12-15 Witches, City Micro planes and lawnmowers and Mandalorians left.
    I just asked the employee to break all my orders at $20 so I could get as many as I could.
  • fizicystfizicyst Member Posts: 72
    Ok, there is a radio advertisement for TRU that states "more than 20" lego sets are 50% off this week... Mine only had one marked and it was the one advertised, Baxter's Robot Rampage. Searching through the forums, I have found that their claim may not be exaggerated... Let's see if we can figure them all out! Remember, this is 50% off TRU prices!

#79105 Baxter's Robot Rampage $24.99
    #75014 Battle of Hoth $29.99
    #9496 Desert Skiff $17.49
    #75008 Tie Bomber $6.49
    #79111 LR Constitution Train Chase $64.99
    #79110 LR Mine $47.49
    #79109 LR Colby City $32.49
    #79108 LR Stagecoach $19.99
    #70402 Gatehouse Raid $17.49
    #70401 Gold Getaway $10.99
    #9395 Technic Tow Truck $39.99
    #9394 Technic Jet Plane $27.49
    #9393 Technic Tractor $22.49
    #60016 Tanker Truck $10.99
    #70003 Eagle Interceptor $18.99
    #70202 CHI Gorzan ?
    #70205 CHI Razar ?

Perhaps the other CHI sets are also 50% or maybe the other series 3 planets?
    17 sets listed...how many more are there? At least 4 if the ads are correct!
    At any rate, at least there is now a nice list and a reason for some to go to TRU.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    edited November 2013
    The TRU by me had only a few items tagged as being on sale. You would never know about the sale items unless you asked. My guess is that the management at this TRU is so poor (and it is) that they just didn't bother with properly marking everything. I mean it's still two weeks until Black Friday and the place looked bombed out.
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 243
    It depends on the TRU location. Times Square in NYC does not participate in the weekly flyer (check fine print) or the 50% sale. Other stores in Queens, NY had prices that were even higher so the 60016 Tanker Truck was $12.99 instead of $10.99.

Moral of the story, check the prices using the store scanner.
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    ^Thanks for letting us know that Times Sq isn't participating in the 50% deal; saves me a walk at lunch.
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    mathew said:

So can anyone else confirm Battle of Hoth for $30? It's not in the weekly ad so I'm suspicious. The local TRU shows that it's in stock but $60.

In case, you're still wondering, I can confirm that the Battle of Hoth is $30 in-store. I hit the three stores in my area and every one had them for $30, which IMHO is a steal of a deal particularly if its "sold out" status on the international [email protected] sites is an indication that it is going to get a very early retirement.

• mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    Yeah I picked it up. I missed out on snowspeeders in the past. Now they just need to redo the at-at and I'll be happy.
  • JCoolJCool Member Posts: 47
    Only the TMNT set was listed at 50% off at the TRU I stopped at in Durham, NC. Will stop by the one in Raleigh tonight and see if they are showing more of the deals on their store shelves.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,170
    @JCool, My store only had the one set marked as well. Scan everything. The sales prices showed up on the scanner.
    @Russell844, I was short on time last night otherwise I would have. I'll make sure to be more diligent tonight :)
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    Wednesdays are double rewards points. ( might help :) )
  • allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    @JCool - the TRU in Cary has all in the list above and still had stock last night. The only one that was sold out was #75014 Battle of Hoth. The free xmas tree polybags were all gone too. @Pacific493 must have got them all. :-)
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    JCool said:

Only the TMNT set was listed at 50% off at the TRU I stopped at in Durham, NC. Will stop by the one in Raleigh tonight and see if they are showing more of the deals on their store shelves.

They're not showing all of the deals in the Raleigh TRU, but the sets are ringing up with the discount. There were still some Hoth sets left when I was there, but the Tankers and Space Launch sets were all gone. Everything else was pretty well stocked.

And I only got one of the Xmas tree polys. I generally don't fool with polys unless they have a minifig and are a from a licensed theme.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Found the discounted #75014 at my local store (central IL) and got the free poly.
    @richl sale is working at TRU Times Square, but poly giveaway is not. Get a manager to override if you can.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,170
    Just got a TRU email. Tomorrow only, the red hot deal is either #31004 or #31002 for $8, limit 2 items per guest.
  • mooman66mooman66 Member Posts: 122
    Shout out to the Glen Burnie, MD manager for manually lowering the price to 54.99 on the train for me. Still have to go back because the free tree didn't come off, but am really pleased with my experience. Anyone have any updates on the Rewards club preview next week? I am hoping the Town Square will be part of the event.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    So is the only city set on sale the Tanker truck?
    No, also #3366 Satellite Launch Pad.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    There was a ton of stuff marked "50% off" at the Houston Galleria TRU... I bought Gold Getaway for $10, and a Bricktober Minifig Collection Vol 2/3 for $20...they had a few more of the minifig collections...
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    edited November 2013
    I got me e-gift card emailed to me yesterday for my 10% rewards back. Card was for $65. Got a TLR train for $64. $100 set on sale and then got it for free! First time in quite some time that TRU has been worth a hoot, but I am happy, happy, happy!
    Just hit the Cary TRU - quite wiped out! Managed to grab a couple sets, but there are lots that are no longer available at that location. Good deals though :)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,220
    edited November 2013
    Yeah I think TRU REALLY wants to unload TLR for them to do this.
    The Stagecoach for 20 is a pretty good deal as well as colby city if you are looking to build a old wild west town though.
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    @hleonffu Thanks for the heads up on the Times Sq Tru - picked up some cheap Castle sets just now. I think I'll be donating most of them to toy drives over Christmas.
    margotEKSamBrickDancerACWWGal2011