Looking for a 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle

ButchaButcha New ZealandMember Posts: 45
edited October 2011 in Marketplace
Hi all

I've been looking for a 10212 UCS Imperial shuttle for some time, and thought I might as well ask, does anyone have one they might consider selling or trading? I have quite a few Minifigures plus heaps of other Star Wars sets I'm happy to trade, But I'm keen to buy too, If the price is right.
If you think you might be able to help me out, please give me a yell.

Cheers, Sam

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Color me confused, but the sell is still in stores.

Are you looking for a used set at a discount?
  • ButchaButcha New ZealandMember Posts: 45
    Right, Sorry.

I'm in New Zealand. If we're lucky enough for them to bring larger sets like this into the country they're usually much more expensive than importing. Bricklink prices seem strangely high, and there are no used ones availible at a good price.
    So I'm looking for someone who is intrested in tradeing or selling one to me.

I've got a huge amount of Star Wars Lego (and other themes too) I'm open to trading, Including rare/expensive ones such as 7283 USB or 7662 MTT (And nearly a hundred more from all eras)

Sam
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    edited October 2011
    I'm in NZ too and feel your pain! Got to remember about shipping costs too, usually around $80 or more for a set that size, but even buying a new set off someone in the US is cheaper than buying one off LEGO.com (or in stores here, if they have one).
    Hiya StuBoy
    I know what you mean. I do quite a lot of importing, Its just generally harder to find exclusives at a decent price.
    Where abouts in NZ are you? Are you on Eurobricks? It's always great to come across fellow Kiwis.
  • war44lockwar44lock Member Posts: 75
    Hey Im in NZ too and saw one of these Shuttles at my local Toyworld, it was a hefty $599.00! But that at least gives you a price to compare with those overseas.
    @Butcha Ah sweet so you probably know more about the costs than me. Nah I'm not on Eurobricks but I do have a look now and again. I'm in Auckland, what about you?
    @war44lock man that's a big pricetag (24 cents per/piece!), probably the same as buying from LEGO with the shipping.
    Ah true. I'm in good ol' Christchurch. Shesh, $600?! They're only $500 at my Toyworld, and I Know I can easily import one for $420, But thats still too much.. I'd rather one for $350, or I'd rather trade, Hence this topic.
    I see several sets for sale on Bricklink for $260 or so, will none of those sellers ship to NZ?
  • pantenkindpantenkind Member Posts: 258
    they retail for 239 and even with 80.00 shipping your still at the 320 mark. Or am I missing something?
  • war44lockwar44lock Member Posts: 75
    ^$239NZD?
    Yes, I was thinking that was odd, at that price I could afford to import them back to the usa.
    Ah yes, it can be important to clarify currency.
    The ones for $260 will generally post to NZ, but Thats a bit past my price point really (for paying Cash) by the time some of them want up to $100 postage too. The best price I've seen was $270US total posted - but it sold before the seller answered my question.. Oh well, I'll get there eventually. Thanks for the input guys.
    ^^ no sorry that was USD. I should have clarified. My point was that you could purchase or send money and have someone purchase the item and send it to you alot cheaper than looking on ebay. There are some reputable people on here that would probably help you.
    Managed to buy one for quite a good price, so I don't need one anymore. Thanks for the input everyone!
    Nice! Where did you get it for a good price? This is another set I'll regret buying when I had the chance.
    I got it for $335 in the end, Which I'm quite happy with, On Ebay. The box isn't sealed but I didn't mind too much at that price! ..Now I just need to find a 10221 for under $600, Then my UCS collection will be complete!
    Wow, that's pretty good. Looks like an interesting build and impressive display set. Good luck with the SSD, might come on sale in the States sometime.
    Why is a SSD so hard to do for under $600? Isn't NZ money pretty close to USD these days, or is that AUS money?

You pay the shipping, I'd be happy to sell you a SDD at whatever it costs me at the Lego store, I'd do it just for the double VIP points going on right now (which more or less just pays me $40 for the time and trouble, but that is Lego's expense, not yours).

$399.99 + tax = $432.99 total price, plus whatever shipping for that set costs (should be easy enough to figure that out). Send me a PM if you want.
    We're not that close, The Aussie dollar is much closer.
    By the time it'd cost over $100 to post the thing to New Zealand, making it ~$535US - Thats $665NZ (then import taxes too..). Under $600NZ could actually be a bit hard.. But I'll see how I go. Thanks for the offer!
    You should see how much it is over here (or at shop.lego, havn't seen it in stores yet), $799NZ, that's currently 643USD, then there's shipping and taxes on top of that! The best thing would be to hook up with someone who travels regularly to the States to bring one back!
    Indeed. But even then, That set would take up a fair bit of space in luggage! Haha. It's a true beast
    Oh well... bummer about that, wish I could help, but I see the issue...

I have most of the UCS Star Wars sets, but so far I'm skipping the UCS SSD, WAY overpriced for what you get, in my opinion.

Have you seen it built yet? I saw it recently, wasn't at all impressed, I have the UCS ISD, much nicer on display, in my personal opinion.
    ^^Yeah, might have to dump all your clothes and only put that in your suitcase! Its a tough one. Have you looked into shipping by boat? I know it takes many weeks longer to arrive but is it hugely cheaper?
    I had been under the impression that USPS Discounted slow 'Shipping' a few years ago? That may be incorrect though.
    this is one reason I am glad I live in the good ole USA. We have many drawbacks but at least we get our LEGO at retail.
    ^Rub it in why don't ya! :)
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,257
    edited October 2011
    OK, check out the thread below :

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/1873/amazon.fr

Apparently amazon.fr ship to Oz, and their prices are much less than what you'd pay for equivalent sets in Australia.

You can check out 10212 on amazon.fr below :

Set 10212 Imperial Shuttle

Not sure of the shipping cost, but at least one Antipodean has recently ordered from amazon.fr for delivery to Oz, so maybe they ship to New Zealand too - might be worth checking this out....

Good luck !
    Thanks for the link mate,

I actually already managed to find on for a lot less than that, But thanks for the heads up.