Used and New Sets, MOC's and polybags sale in aid of the Fairy Bricks Set Donation campaign! (UK/EU)

TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
edited November 2013 in Marketplace
Hello all!

The wonderful @SirKevbags has very kindly given me permission to sell off some of my stuff, including some of my unique MOC's, of which all the proceeds of sale will go towards buying new sets to donate to the Fairy Bricks Set Donation campaign.

Okay, there isn't an awful lot on the list, and the used sets don't have boxes, instructions or their minifigs unfortunately, so will probably be most useful for people's Lego part bins! (though I may have instructions/boxes for some of the sets, I will need time to look and will inform later on this thread if I have any!)

So, here's what's for sale (please ignore the horrible decor!):
A list of what's exactly in the pic:

Polys (all new/sealed):
#30166 Robin and Redbird Cycle
#30255 Crawley
#5001623 Jor-El

Sets:
#7049 Alien Striker (new/sealed)
#44003 Scarox (new/sealed)
#70505 Temple of Light (used, excellent, no minifigs)
#70709 Galactic Titan (used, excellent, no minifigs)
#2505 Garmadon's Dark Fortress (used, 99.9% complete, no minifigs)
#2507 Fire Temple (temple only, used, 99.9% complete)
#5892 Sonic Boom (parts to build main plane only)
#4958 Monster Dino (parts to build main model only, all electrics fully working)

Now the main attraction I reckon: My MOC's!
1. My 'Legobury' MOC (minus minifigures but includes the lights and battery box to make the Lego 'lasers'! Plus, there's a 48x48 baseplate in it!

2. My Iron Man Malibu Mansion on cliff. Basically a #76007 (minus minifigs) mounted on a custom built cliff structure. Includes The Mandarin's helicopter as well.

(I will provide LDD files for those who buy my MOC's if you wish to have them. I'll ship these assembled unless you request them to be dismantled! More pics will be available on request)

Now the technical bit, so please read this!

The way this is going to work will be on a 'highest offer wins' basis. So, choose the sets, polys and MOC's you want (any combination) and send me a PM listing them and your offer for each item. It is extremely important that you state a price, in GBP, for each individual item you are offering for, this will make my life a lot easier!

Please no silly offers though! The minimum offer for polys and sets is £1, the minimum for MOC's is £5.

I will close the offer process at 8pm GMT on Friday 15th November. Bricksetters with winning offers will be notified soon after this time and must be able to pay either via Paypal, preferably in GBP (this is so I can capitalise on the crazy Amazon price cuts for the cause in time, hopefully!), or cash sent by registered post if you don't have Paypal.

Paypal users please pay by Paypal gift so none is lost to fees!

I will cover postage costs to the UK myself for polys and sets that I can fit into a small parcel box and weigh less than 2000g packed. Large sets, MOC's and EU buyers, I ask for a small postage contribution of £3.50. If I need to charge the postage contribution, I'll let you know as soon as I can after close of the offer process.

I am a third year university student, so I will be very busy, but I'll endeavour to send out stuff and answer queries as soon as I can.

I regret that I can only send the sets within the EU. US Bricksetters are welcome to offer on the polys and the sealed sets though!

Also, as added incentive, all Bricksetters who make an offer will have their names put into a hat and the name who is drawn by my avvie will win 5 'random' minifigs, including a sh067 War Machine! Results of this and also the people who make the highest offers will be announced on this thread (you may opt out!)

Thanks for taking the time to read this very long post, any questions please ask and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

Oh, and in addition (this offer will be separate from all the above):
If anyone wants to have a go at making my most popular Bugatti Veyron MOC (see building thread), for £2 I will send you the LDD file by email plus I'll provide you with the neccessary stickers printed on adhesive acetate. (£1.50 from this will go to Fairy Bricks!)

I look forward to all your PM's :-D It may not raise a lot, but even a little bit will mean the world to me and the people at Fairy Bricks!
LostInTranslationcarlqCapnRex101rancorbaitPhoneboothGothamConstructionCoroxioSirKevbagsprincedravendrdavewatfordMinifigsMeadukmessyJonn420Lego_Star

Comments

• TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    No offers yet on anything but it's early days. And, exactly as promised, I have unearthed boxes and instructions to #70505, #70709 and #5892 and are in great condition!
    And as a bonus: the other parts to #5892 were in the box!

I may also have the box and instructions for #4958, but it's not guaranteed. I'll take another look later!

Note also I have also added the box and instructions for #10937 - may as well find someone who will make more use of them than I will!

Happy offering and good luck to everyone that offers!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,789
    OH COCK THAT'S MY SPACE BADGER?

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Fantastic effort here :-)

For anyone wondering why we don't just donate the used brick to save @TheOneVeyronian selling it, we have not set up a policy to handle it. That is something to be addressed in the new year.

In the meantime I hope some great offers are forthcoming.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    ^^ Oops! Completely failed to notice that, can a mod please remove the offending pic from the original post? I'll edit the bit @CCC pointed out and repost it, not that it's very important though. Oh how embarrassing... :-S

(I won't explain how that got there, I did say ignore the horrible decor though! :-P )
    If we don't know what it means, it cannot be rude. :-)

PS. Good luck!
    Thanks @CCC

Oh, and I forgot to mention entirely in the OP that I am in the Middlesex area (UB postcode, near Heathrow airport) if anyone from the London, Surrey, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire areas of the UK wanted to collect what they get instead, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. PM me for specific details.

In case it makes anyone's decisions any easier :-)
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,257
    edited November 2013
    Great effort, @TheOneVeyronian - I salute you !

In order to maximise the money raised, can I suggest you give people longer to bid ? I'd suggest giving people at least a week to bid, rather than a little over 48 hours.

Let me know if you'd like to reconsider and I'll go in and amend your initial posting.

PS. Sorry I missed the badger...

:-(
    andhe
    ^ I think she wants to get in and purchase before amazon stop price matching the Argos deals.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Pm sent. ;-)
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,257
    CCC said:

^ I think she wants to get in and purchase before amazon stop price matching the Argos deals.

Yep - agreed, but it'd be a shame for her generosity not to yield a decent return.
    Got a couple of bids now!
    You'll now need to bid more than the amount shown if you want these items!

#5892 Sonic Boom £10
    #5001623 Jor-El £8
    Don't forget: everyone that bids for an item, no matter what, will have a chance to win 5 minifigs from my collection: Zane & Swordsman from 2013 Ninjago, two Mandalorian Super Commandos, and a War Machine!

So don't be shy, place any bid you want on any item you'd like! You never know, you might just win! ;-)
    24 hours in and I can confirm that, so far, the highest offers on the three items that have bids have a grand total of £40 so far! Keep the bids coming in! :-D Six days to go before close of bids!

If the demand is there I may consider opening up to international bids on all items! Just let me research couriers for a bit :-)
    In a bid (no pun intended ;-P) to drum up some more interest and bids, I've researched some very rough average current part out values on BL for the sets I'm selling (minus minifigs and their accessories, of course) (I'd also take these with a pinch of salt too ;-) ):

#70505 - £65 (this is also minus the 4 elemental blades, but I'll be happy to include a set if you so wish!)
    #2505 - £35
    #70709 - £130
    #5892 - £48
    #4958 - £100

I'm not looking for or expecting bids that are anywhere near these values (probably not even 1/8th!), but I thought I'd include the info for those who might be looking for a cheap and charitable way to boost their BL shop inventory!

You have 5 days left to bid for anything, but the sooner you register your bid the better I think! :-)

The sealed sets, #30166, #30255, #70505, #2507, #2505 and #70709 still require bids, I'd like all items to sell and go to good homes even if only for a couple of pounds each!

US and Canadian Bricksetters now welcome to bid on anything, anyone bidding on items outside the EU will have to pay half the total shipping cost, I'll advise the total extra charge when I read your bid, but starts at £3.50 for small sets. Please PM with any questions about shipping charges for specific sets/combos of sets.

The EU and UK contributions to shipping on large sets remains at £3.50.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this post!
    I really should make it as clear as I can: The Ninjago and Galaxy Squad sets I have do NOT have any minifigs, and it's probably not worth it for charitable purposes to replace some of the high value ones like Samukai anyways. Therefore all non-Creator large sets are sold as PARTS.

Also, you're going to have to bid pretty high now if you want any of my polys, #30166, #30255 or Jor-El! ;-)

Reminder that bidding closes at 8pm on the 15th :-)

If anyone's interested in the MOC's for parts, I'd fathom a guess that each one must contain at least £50 worth of parts. The Legobury one in particular has a few uncommon sand green parts like 3x4 slopes :-)
    Two days to go before the closing of the bidding process! Any questions, please ask them now and not at 7:55pm on the 15th! ;-P

Just a heads up: #7049, #44003, #2507 (temple only, no dragon or figs, I think I also subbed one minor part too) and the two MOC's still need bids. But I'm not too worried about the first two as they're sealed, if there's no sale on those they will get forwarded straight onto @SirKevbags anyway at my expense :-)

Put a modest bid on one of the large sets, you probably have a good chance of winning some great parts for your parts bin! (but please do read the original post carefully!)

And, I currently have 5 different bidders with the total highest bids of £70, so if you place a bid for any amount on anything at all, even if you don't end up winning any of the polys or sets, you'll have a good chance of winning 5 random minifigs! I'd definitely like a couple more UK based bidders though :-)

So, want some extra parts and help out a great cause at the same time? Then send your highest offer to me! ;-)
    Quick one: I'm thankful for a certain Bricksetter to point out a flaw in my postage contribution terms: if you're outside the UK and thinking of bidding: you need to read these revised terms!

If you're outside the UK and just win polys, there is no contribution to postage you need to make, but if you want to voluntarily pay part of the £3/£3.50 it normally costs to send polys overseas from the UK, that's fine.

If you win a large set and your postal address is outside the UK, your contribution will be half the total shipping charge via Royal Mail. Rest assured I will try and find the cheapest way of sending stuff I can. I can give you a rough idea of your postage contribution when you bid, but the final one I charge will be based on the weight of the items you win. PM me if you have any questions about this and I'll do my best to answer them in time.

Now with that cleared up, let's try and get the GBP total highest bids into triple figures and beyond! :-D
    One day(ish) to go until close, and with seven bidders (an eighth to still confirm their bids with me), I can say the total highest bids stands at £107! I dare say let's try getting this already high amount even higher!

One thing I will say, if you want the MOC's, I'm placing a 'pickup from London' only policy on just those two items - they will just be too problematic to post, sorry!

Every polybag and used set now has bids, the two sealed sets are still to be bid on - but they might get more love if I send them directly to Fairy Bricks at a later stage as they're sealed.

Thanks to everyone who has bid so far!
    Have to say this: It's your ten hour warning!

You have 10 hours from the time indicated on this post's time stamp to place a bid before bidding closes!

Here's a reminder on the polys and sets you can bid on:

Polys (all new/sealed):
    #30166 Robin and Redbird Cycle
    #30255 Crawley
    #5001623 Jor-El

Sets:
    #7049 Alien Striker (new/sealed)
    #44003 Scarox (new/sealed)

#70505 Temple of Light (used, excellent, with box and instructions, no minifigs or the elemental blades)
    #70709 Galactic Titan (used, excellent, with box and instructions, no minifigs)
    #2505 Garmadon's Dark Fortress (used, 99.9% complete, no minifigs)
    #2507 Fire Temple (temple only, used, 99.9% complete)
    #5892 Sonic Boom (used, complete, with box and all instructions, excellent)
    #4958 Monster Dino (parts to build main model only, all electrics fully working. No box or instructions)

Things in bold indicate sets that haven't been bid on yet. Total highest bids now stand at £121 - let's see if we can tip it over the £150 mark in the few remaining hours! :-D

And don't forget - place a bid, even if only £1, for something, and get the chance to win 5 brand new minifigs, including two Mandalorian Super Commandos and a War Machine!
    And, as a bonus for generating so much money for a worthwile cause, I'm adding a Kraang animal (with the dark pink head!) from the Kraang Lab Escape set to that minifig prize haul!

Happy bidding and good luck to all who enters!
    edited November 2013
    We're drawing ever closer to the end of this greatly supported charity auction, and I'm thankful for all the support from every single one of you.

Now I'll say it: If you wish to bid on an item, you have just THREE hours from the time indicated on this post's timestamp to get your bids in - no exceptions! Once I post that the bidding is closed, that's it!

(I will accept bids posted to me at exactly 8pm GMT btw - any later I will sadly have to reject them)

If any latecomers to the auction come in and bid - I wish you all good luck! :-)

EDIT: Posted too early! Three hours and 4 minutes from the time shown on the timestamp then! :-)
    edited November 2013
    From the timestamp shown on this post, you only have 50 minutes left to make a bid on my items! Let's see if I can get a couple of last bidders involved in things... :-)

I can feel the tension through my broadband cable... who will win? :-)
    And... Bidding has officially CLOSED! Thanks very much to everyone that bid!

Unfortunately I now have to dash off somewhere else for the time being - I'll post all the winners on this thread hopefully in the next hour or two. Just watch this thread for any new replies - or indeed any notifications on your profile! :-)
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Just want to congratulate everyone who has taken part in this and kudos to @TheOneVeyronian for deciding to do it in the first place. Thank you all.
    LostInTranslationprincedravencarlq
    Okay, I'm back everyone, and I can now confirm that the total amount raised was... £140!

And now for the winners:

@rancorbait wins a #5001623 Jor-El for £8

@jadedanc wins a #2505 Garmadon's Dark Fortress (used, 99.9% complete, no minifigs) for $15 (about £10)

@Aleydita wins a #30255 Crawley for £7

@messy wins a #30166 Robin and Redbird Cycle for £13, and a #2507 Fire Temple (temple only, used, 99.9% complete) for £17

@princedraven wins a #70505 Temple of Light (used, excellent, no minifigs) for £12, and a #4958 Monster Dino (parts to build main model only, all electrics fully working) for £21

@aduk wins a #70709 Galactic Titan (used, excellent, no minifigs) for £30

@rocao wins a #5892 Sonic Boom for £22

Congratulations to all of the above - I will be in contact with all of you fairly soon to get your postal addresses and for me to provide you with payment and shipping details.

To all those who bid: I will do the draw to win the minifigs + Kraang in just a moment - I will announce the winner on this thread very soon, so even if you didn't win anything, you've still got a 1 in 10 chance to get some free minifigs!
    AleyditaSirKevbagsmessyLostInTranslationprincedravencarlq
    Aaaaand the winner of the five minifigs plus Kraang is:
    Congratulations to you @cheshirecat, I'll be in touch shortly :-)
    SirKevbagsmessykhmellymelcarlqLego_Star
  • messymessy CambridgeshireMember Posts: 239
    Well done @TheOneVeyronian, thank you very much for taking the time and effort to do this :-)
    cheshirecat
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Yey! I never win anything!
  • adukaduk Member Posts: 155
    I second the thanks to @TheOneVeyronian, well done!
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    @TheOneVeyronian Top effort, thanks so much for putting this on.
    Okay, I think I've just about got around to messaging everybody and providing postal quotes and stuff - if I've missed anyone out please don't hesitate to give me a friendly nudge :-) I've never had to provide postage estimations for 7 people in 4 different countries at the same time before! ;-)