Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hi from Scotland

FlymoFlymo Member Posts: 15
Hello there. I have always been into Lego at a younger age and I lost interest in my teenage years due to sports and women ; ) . I started to get interested again at the age of 26 and the wife to be bought me the VW camper. Unfortunately I have broke my right hand so no Lego building for me for about 2 months. I know that she has bought me more Lego for Christmas but I have no idea what.

Forum is great and cheers for having me.

Comments

• AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 947
    Sucked back in at such a tender age! Welcome to Bricket but one word of caution: be wary of Huwbot the Wallet Destroyer who hangs around the home page waiting for a moment of weakness!
    beegeedee
  • MeikoMeiko Member Posts: 11
    Welcome to Brickset!
  • FlymoFlymo Member Posts: 15
    Thanks
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    Welcome aboard.

I agree with @Aleydita about the wallet destoyer, my purse trembles everytime I visit here!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    @Legobutterfly - Your purse trembles? I thought it sighed, swooned and capitulated entirely! ;-)

Welcome to Brickset Flymo! Sorry to hear about your hand :-(
    Legobutterfly
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Isn't there some kind of compensation scheme you can tap into if you're unable to build? ;-)
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    @LostInTranslation I'm afraid my purse has taken rather a beating recently and it trembles now whilst whimpering 'Please, not again, no more LEGO!'

But I am unstoppable, mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! ;-)

Now, where did I put that [email protected] catalogue?!
    LostInTranslation
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl BordersMember Posts: 190
    Welcome
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,305
    Welcome @flymo, I'm in Scotland as well (though not Scottish, just an international student). Enjoy the hobby and enjoy the boards! :D
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    Welcome Flymo.

I'm Scottish too but not in Scotland any more. I would recommend a visit to the Glasgow Lego store (visited in the summer) as it's brilliant but like huwbot it's a wallet destroyer.

There's just too much Lego out there to be had.
    Been to the store in Glasgow and was in the Trafford Centre in Manchester a few weeks back.

My hand is killing me so I think I will hold off building anything till after Christmas. :(
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    That sucks but never say never. I always think that's the last set this month and then some brilliant deal comes along...
    Well come the new year I will be getting Maersk Line Triple-E 10241. I will be busy
  • adventure_aladventure_al Scotland Member Posts: 243
    Very similar to myself! I'm 26 and only recently back into lego. I'm married and in Scotland.

Nice to see others out there like myself!
    Good to see someone is in the same boat as I am.

I will give you a wee message later after I finish painting :-(