Here we go! another round. There has been interest showed for this so I will start this next box off NLT 15Nov, so get your name in quick. You MUST be an active member of this site for at least 6 mths and in good standing!
I will be transitioning out of the Army while the box moves around so by the time it gets back to me, I will be in Louisiana.
Welcome to the thread for the 2013/2014 US-Jambalaya Boxes 6! Borrowed the explanation of a jambalaya box from one typed so very eloquently by @rocao
(ALOT better than I could ever do and I can up with the idea lol)
Let's use this thread for status updates and discussing logistics. The original thread where @jadedanc
brought forward the idea can be found here: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/3988/lego-round-robin/p1
What: A box of LEGO will progress through our list of participants, one stop at a time. The box will be a mixed assortment of elements (thus, jambalaya!) and presumably the more variety we have in there, the better, as it will better suit the diversity of our members and the various applications of our LEGO hobby.
Who: So far we have 2, so plenty of room to join! Even if you've participated before, you are welcome to join again! New to the group, you too may join. :)
Jambalaya Box #4
1. jadedanc WA
6. dneul MO
8. murphquake, NY
9. back to start of list
If your state is not shown correctly on this list, please PM me. Also, if you have a reasonable request to move spots in this list, let me know.
How: I'll start the box and fill a standard sized USPS shipping box (actual one TBD). I'll mail it to the next person on the list. From that point forward, the process should be:
1. Take receipt of the box (do happy dance)
2. Inform the group the box has been received.
3. PM the next person for their address if you haven't already
4. Withdraw desired parts. At this point there is no hard-fast rule how much this is. Let's just say "If there's a lot of good stuff, don't take it all" and see if a practical guideline springs forth.
5. Photograph your haul. Share it with the group.
6. Choose parts from your inventory that you are adding to the box. It should be roughly equivalent to what you withdraw. Some instances should be easy to match, i.e. polybag for polybag, minifig for minifig. PLEASE make sure if you take out a polybag, put in a polybag, minifig for minifig, animal for animal, etc. Lets's keep this fair for everyone please.
7. Photograph what you are adding. Keep this to yourself so you don't ruin the surprise, but I think keeping a record of this will keep things on the up and up.
8. Send the box to the next person on the list.
Questions, comments, any glaring omissions? Let me know...
Why: The idea of the exchange is similar to a parts draft in that one person's trash is another person's treasure. While I wouldn't go so far as to say any LEGO is trash, hopefully it will transpire that our bricks find their ways into the hands of appreciative owners. At the end of the day, the shipping costs probably don't justify the parts that one comes away with, so ultimately, this is about having fun, getting to know other members, and strengthening our community.