Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Amazon.com: LEGO Daily Lightning Deals - 11/11

rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
This discussion was created from comments split from: [US] New Discounts at Amazon.

Comments

• lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    edited November 2013
    Multiple LEGO sets are up for lightning discounts today!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

They are:
    #9496 Star Wars Desert Skiff -- currently 21.87
    #70002 Chima Lion Attack -- currently 19.53
    #4631 Duplo My First Build -- currently 20.11
    #79111 Lone Ranger Constitution Train -- currently 76.99
    #70003 Chima Iris Eagle Interceptor -- currently 25.65
    #3818 Spongebob Bikini Bottom -- currently 39.89
    #79010 Hobbit Goblin King Battle -- currently 67.19
    #6051 Duplo Play With Letters -- currently 24.99

Lightning deal prices unknown until they go live. Remember to add the Gund Bear if you spend over $75!
    madforLEGOklatu003
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    I'll probably go in on Goblin King and maybe the Skiff. Don't think I can stretch to the train right now although I know my son would love it.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    What are the typical discounts? I've never bought one of these deals before.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    margot said:

What are the typical discounts? I've never bought one of these deals before.

For LEGO, usually at least 30%, sometimes more. About this time last year, they had #4194 Whitecap Bay for $47 (~40% off).
    margot
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    edited November 2013
    Don't know why I have to comment on it, but I'll go ahead and post it:
    Desert Skiff = $16.99
    Meh.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,932
    Should be interesting to see the lightning deals, as the train chase and Goblins King sets are both showing in my Amazon quick picks as well, with the train selling for 73.14 and the goblin king battle for 63.83
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    lordzarak said:

Remember to add the Gund Bear if you spend over $75!

Gund Bear?
    This thread got split from another Amazon thread where this was explained. In short, spend $75 at Amazon. Then add this item:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBPX98W/
    The Gund Bear will then be discounted to $0.
    The train chase is $64.99, 35% off. Tempting...
    And gone. I didn't pull the trigger on the train. I'm convinced it will be on 50% clearance after Christmas.
    pharmjod
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2013
    Wow, Lone Range Constitution went fast for $64.99. 100% claimed in 2 minutes. I have never done one of these, is that normal???
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668
    Woo, sold out in 90 seconds.

40% was my threshold so I abstained, but it was fun watching the progress bar fill up so fast.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    Constitution Train lasted two minutes. Hopefully everyone here that wanted one got one, and added something for $10 if they wanted the bear!
    edited November 2013
    @legogregors: Yes, very typical, especially for LEGO these days. The deals need to still be good, of course, but there's certainly the pressure of missing out that causes knee jerk reactions to shoot first, and ask questions later.

If you weren't already aware, you can claim the deal immediately, and you have a few minutes to decide to complete the purchase.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,423
    Actually, it was gone in 45 seconds on my end.

Wow, Lone Range Constitution went fast for $64.99. 100% claimed in 2 minutes. I have never done one of these, is that normal???

If the deal is good enough, it can go faster than that. Good practice is to wait for the deal to go live and add it immediately to your cart. Do not hesitate to add. Then you can take 15 minutes to checkout to ponder if it is a good purchase before the deal expires. If you decide against it, it will be released to someone on the waitlist, but at least you wouldn't have missed out while you debated buying it or not.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,967
    Yes, I also claimed, but I will not be buying. I asked my son what he was more interested in, and he was very specific that this set has gone off his list. He would rather have a Galaxy Squad set.
    ^ That's exactly what I did. I just released the deal, so someone on the waitlist will get it. As nice as the train looks, I simply can't justify this and the Goblin King at the moment, and I get the feeling that one will be 40% off later today.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,423
    I was going to order another one at the 45 second mark and it said 99% claimed and wouldn't let me buy it.
    edited November 2013
    Lightning deals are limited one per person. If you add a second, it will add the item at its normal price.
    Pitfall69
  • Corwin12Corwin12 Member Posts: 30
    I got the train :-) I was 302 on the waiting list and Amazon said my chances were "poor" of getting it. For those of you who released it - I thank you.
    91% claimed at this moment, so it was released from quite a few carts. Still live for those wishing to snag one.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    I released mine as well, so hopefully those who really want it still can get one.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Eagle Interceptor at 21.99 was a snap buy for me. Love that set and the price makes it a decent gift option.
    murphquake
    Wonder if the Goblin Kind battle will be 40% off
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Seeing as everything else has been ~35%, I'm guessing it'll be $65-ish.
    ^Given that Goblin King has been stuck at $67.19 (33%) for a week or more, I'd hope it'll be lower than that. I'm hoping for 40% too.
    madforLEGO
    Right now I have a quick pick for the Goblin King set at 36% off. So I would be surprised if they offer the lightning deal for 35% off
    Would be nice. It's a cool set, and 7 unique/exclusive minifigs (one of which is maxi). That's gotta be a record.
    44% off, nice.
    madforLEGO
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    Snagged mine immediately. A great price! $55.99
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 723
    @lordzarak Thanks for the heads up. I was able to score a Goblin King. They went FAST. Or all the Bricksetters have them in their carts.....
    lordzarak
    edited November 2013
    Great deal!
    Deal is opening up. Check now.
    Yep, 87% claimed after they were released at the :15 mark. Don't forget the free Gund bear if you add another $20 of merchandise.
    margot
  • snowtygersnowtyger Member Posts: 47
    thanks; picked up GK and Rancor, plus the Gund. Poor kid, he'll be soo disappointed in the bear, when he sees me with my new toys ;) (at least, until he hands the bear back to me, and giggles off to his room with my presents)