Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

TRU Found a way to "discount" 10188 Death Star

They are giving a free Star Wars Gold Y-Wing Fighter with the purchase of the Death Star, online only, so it's the same as getting about 15% off the set.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3506488&cp=&parentPage=search

Not a bad deal, if you ask me.

Comments

• DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Looks like now they are giving out Palpatine's Arrest with purchase of Death Star
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668
    edited November 2013
    Heh. "A $109.99 value." It's $74.99 on the TRU site right now.

Still pretty darn good. I feel bad for anyone who took advantage of it for the Y-Wing. Wonder if by the time we get to Christmas, it'll be "Free Death Star with purchase of Death Star."
    dougtspharmjodBuriedinBricks
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    so, assuming the PA set can be had for around $65-$70 at various times, this would equate to a 17% or 18% discount on the 10188. not too bad really
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    other "Hard-to-Find" sets with the free PA include 10225 - R2D2, 10227 - B-Wing, 10240 - X-Wing
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    #10225 and #10240 are OOS. It's also showing that you get a free PA with purchase of PA... but it won't add it to your cart.
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    They'll probably come back into stock immediately after the promo ends.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Walmart, Target and Amazon will get with the program before too long and start offering gift cards to move these exclusives. Good times:)
    juggles7
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Wonder if you can goto the store and get it two for one PA would be nice
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    I added PA to my cart to try to get that plus another one for free as the website says. The free one did not come up as a separate line item so I tried to adjust the quantity to 2 to see what would happen and I got this message.

The quantity you are attempting to add to cart for LEGO Star Wars Palpatine's Arrest (9526) has exceeded the allowable limit per customer. The quantity has been adjusted appropriately and is reflected in your cart. If you wish to purchase a quantity beyond the allowable limit, please send an email, with your contact information and request, to our Bulk Buying team at [email protected]

I never knew buying 2 of something was buying in bulk.
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    Too bad it only says "online only." most of the sets that are "hard to find" are for in store purchase only. I love how TRU does that.
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 723
    It is such a time and energy waste to try to get TRU to a decent price. Their inflated regular prices are such a trap for the unwary. The whole experience is negative. I would rather just hand my money over to a Lego Store or Lego S&H, if other retailers aren't an option.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    It does take effort, like most good things in life do. Given that exclusives are no longer discounted, even at the precious Lego stores or S&H, that effort is rewarded today more than ever before.

Say what you want about TRU, but they currently have the best deal on the Death Star and SSD.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited November 2013
    Btw, poking around, it looks like TRU has some pretty good prices right now, for example, the Vampyre Castle for $80 and free shipping on all Lego sets (even if under $75 apparently). Plus, $5 more for a plush bear or dog (with a $50 purchase).

TRU can be a jerk to deal with sometimes, but every now and then they shine.
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 457

TRU can be a jerk to deal with sometimes, but every now and then they shine.

Sounds like me ;-)