Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Expired: B&N 40% off one toy item, in-store

Comments

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Bandit said:

Anyone know if this works on Mindstorms EV3?

Yes, it does. $188 + tax (plus 3x free $10 gift cards if you buy the $75 gift cards to cover it). Sweet, sweet deal. Thanks @BrickDancer.
    LegoboyBrickDancermargotEKSamBandit
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    Used Margot's coupon on a Mindstorm EV3 set. Thank you!
    margotEKSam
  • evantylerevantyler Central OhioMember Posts: 84
    Has anyone tried to use it in an Ohio store? Gonna give it a whirl tonight or tomorrow on my lunch break. *fingers crossed*
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    sidersdd said:

Bandit said:

Yes, it does. $188 + tax (plus 3x free $10 gift cards if you buy the $75 gift cards to cover it). Sweet, sweet deal. Thanks @BrickDancer.
    Awesome, thanks!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited November 2013
    Tomorrow, Nov 7th, is the last day to use this coupon.
    It does stack with membership rewards.
    You can show the coupon on your cell- doesn't have to have a printed copy.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    sidersdd said:

Bandit said:

More than happy to be of help @sidersdd! I should be picking up my Mindstorms EV3 today too, since they require a 24-hour period before able to use the giftcards thus is on hold. So after the 10% member discount, 40% coupon and $30 in bonus giftcard (if factored in); the EV3 comes out to $158 (55% off RRP) before tax. Stellar score considering it'll be rare to see this one discounted more than 10% in the foreseeable future.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,678
    ^ is the 24h a store rule, I bought the GC and used them right away at mine.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,258
    A question about the gift cards: how do you know you are getting the $10 one? I don't see it added to the bag when I put a $75 one in. I know it says they're not delivered until 12/26, but I'd like to have some kind of proof of it before I order.
    GC are in store only. You get the $10 along with the $75 when you buy it.
    edited November 2013

^ is the 24h a store rule, I bought the GC and used them right away at mine.

Same.. used it 5 minutes after buying it.
    And like @ColoradoBricks said- you get a $10 promo gift card right when you buy the $75 worth of other gift card(s). Promo gift card can't be used until the 26th.
    Looks like you can get this deal online as well. @Brickarmor, I don't know how you are sure of the gift card?
    Funny thing about all of this gift carding is it's supposed to be once per customer... @BrickDancer, did they give you 3 promo gift cards at once?

• BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,258
    But it says that they are good on B&N.com as well. From the terms, in which I also don't see anything mentioned about verifying beforehand that you'll be receiving them:

"This offer is valid only on purchases of Barnes & Noble Gift Cards and eGift Cards totaling $75.00 in a single transaction only at Barnes & Noble.com."

The nearest store to me is about 45 minutes, so I was hoping someone who had purchased them online could clue me in.
    ^I think this is all you get "The $10.00 Barnes & Noble eGift Card will be automatically delivered via email to you on December 26, "
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @margot yes I got the $10 GC right away after purchasing the $75 cards. But funny how it looks like I'm the only with a 24-hr waiting period enforced =T
  • htranhtran Member Posts: 38
    I tried to get Mindstorm today at a Barnes & Noble in Rancho Cucamonga. Manager told me the coupon excluded all Lego because "Lego is not an educational toys". Unbelievable!!!
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 477
    ^ Obviously he does not have kids. :)
    margot
    edited November 2013
    ^And you actually had Mindstorms in your store? I had to order mine and was kind of sweating it because the customer service woman said that she didn't think the coupon would work, because it says for in store only. I told her I was confident it would work and to go ahead and put in the order. So she handed me an invoice to take to the front to pay and when I got there the cashier said "did they say you could use this coupon for this?" Me- "YES". So she rang it up and I was good to go.
    Go try a different store. And tell them that several people have used the coupon for Mindstorms and any Lego. And as for Mindstorms not being an educational toy, then why do schools purchase them?
    (and thanks again @BrickDancer)
    BrickDancer
    No, I had to order it at the customer service, then take it to cashier. The cashier called the manager to front desk. After he told me I can not use the coupon on Mindstorm, I was going to use the coupon on Olivia's house. That's when he told me that Lego are excluded. I just told him that he is wrong and walked out with my 2 yr. old toddler (by this time was getting restless).
    ^That stinks.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    I went back today to pick up one last item... #31012 creator house.
    It's ridiculous that he makes his own rules just because he is a manager. But I am happy with my other purchases a few days ago. 8)
    edited November 2013
    ^That was my first purchase. I also got Architect Studio, Mindstorms, and Duel on Geonosis. So hard not to buy more but there's nothing I really really want right now. Maybe I will go back once more for the Friend's advent calendar.
    There's a new 15% coupon out today and I was hoping it would stack but they wouldn't even try it. Nothing on the coupon says not too, and I'm pretty sure I've heard people say they stacked coupons in the past?
    I have two B&N's by me. The LEGO sections keep getting smaller and smaller. I almost picked up the studio but even at 50% off it wasnt something I was really interested in. Your right...it sucks having a 50% off pass and nothing to buy.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Coupon wouldn't work for me. Cashier pointed out the fact that it was location specific. So, no treehouse set for my little one.
    @Starfire2, did you use the second coupon?
    It might be location specific, but it also says "this coupon can be redeemed [...] at any Barnes & Noble retail bookstore"
    That said it also say it can only be redeemed onec...
    margot said:

@Starfire2, did you use the second coupon?

What second coupon?
    The cashier pulled out a 20% off one but I passed.

It might be location specific, but it also says "this coupon can be redeemed [...] at any Barnes & Noble retail bookstore"
    That said it also say it can only be redeemed onec...

The one posted in this forum is location specific. I live in Phoenix AZ

edited November 2013
    @starfire2, there are 2 coupons posted in this thread. They both say location specific. People had trouble using the first coupon, so far no one had trouble using the second except htran, but that is because his BN manager is an idiot.
    Sorry was not clear, while yes, the coupons have a list of stores, it also says "any" in it so contradict it self... both coupon posted here have that same wording.
    I got the email with the 20% off coupon today...I was feeling lucky and tried to stack it on the 40% one but it didnt work. At least the cashier tried before she said it wouldnt work.
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    I tried to use the second coupon (from margot) at the Kierland Commons BN location in Scottsdale, AZ and it didn't work. I didn't try the first coupon (from nkx1).
  • EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    Thanks @margot for the coupon, worked on Mindstorm. :-)

@ColoradoBricks thank you, I went to customer service and they ordered one for me, got 2 10$ gift cards too. :-)
    Was everyone printing it out or just showing it to them on your phone? I found that when I printed it out the bottom part that said what locations the coupon was good for was to big and really stood out. So I just used my phone. I used it at two different stores and each time had a different cashier and each time when they entered the coupon it wouldnt work and they had to enter it manually.
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    I just got back from B&N and used the 2nd coupon that was posted. I did 2 transactions at the same register and had the coupon printed and there were no issues at all. I was very happy about that and now am thinking of going to a different B&N on my way home from work.
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 373
    I used the coupon that Margot posted at the UTC store in La Jolla. The clerk had trouble scanning it but was able enter it manually. However it did not stack with the member 10% discount.

I used it on the Robie house from the architecture line.
    ^They are required to manually enter the discount on this coupon, then they scan the code.
    I am disappointed, but I won't die over it. I would rather give my money to Lego store or Target anyways.
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited November 2013
    ^Why not just try a different B&N that will take your money? You're generally only hurting your wallet if you buy the same thing for more money elsewhere (unless, of course, the value of gas/time supersedes the value of the discount).
    Because the other one in my area doesn't have any of the sets my son wants.
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Wow a mindstorm ev3 for $210! The cheapest I could ever hope to buy it in Canada would be 20% off for a total of $320.

Would anybody be interested in selling/shipping one to a Canadian?
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 444
    Sigh. Anyone want to sell me a mimdstorm at cost plus shipping plus a little extra? My BN said they wouldn't do it.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    ^ Try this: Reserve online. After you receive your order pickup notification go into the store during the late afternoon. Watch the registers to see who is working. You want someone who you can sweet talk with. Go to that register and politely ask for the purchase that you reserved online. As they are ringing you up then present the coupon. If they give you any problem tell them that you called the other night and spoke with a lady who told you that the coupon was applicable to your purchase. Be cool and charming. Don't push it. If it doesn't work out then don't sweat it. These kind of deals are not always going to work out. I was sure that I was going to be turned down, but it worked for me. I wouldn't be surprised that B&N corporate puts tougher restrictions on the future for these coupons because they lose money on them.
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 444
    Yeah, they didn't have them in stock, and wouldn't order it.

But thanks for the charm school lessons. ;)
    lol...it might work if I am 20 years younger and 2 children less. The idiot manager would had rang me up with a happily smile.
  • TrenthTrenth Member Posts: 162
    Margot and nkx1, you two rock for pointing out this deal! x3 Architecture Studio for me!
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 505
    Yes thank you! Christmas present sorted for my architect sister!
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited November 2013
    ^^NP, glad I could (sort of) help. wagnerml2 pointed out the deal, I found a coupon that worked in limited capacity, and margot posted a coupon that worked for almost everyone. Pretty good teamwork here (or at least continuous improvement)!
    Trenththenosmargot
  • joch29joch29 Member Posts: 15
    finally had the chance to use the coupon, got a mindstorm and 2 studios, 3 transactions
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 457
    I went yesterday (To like the only one in Ohio!) not to use the coupon but for AC sets and to my surprise all I saw were Friends, SW Advent Calender, And some Harry Potter Books (Minifig Guide,Etc.)
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Went back last night to use my last one. Was told that it couldn't be used on anything but architecture sets......I couldn't argue that I had already bought four other sets with the coupon with no problems, so I left my creator house at the counter and left..:/