Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Simpsons LEGO

Comments

• jockosjunglejockosjungle Member Posts: 701
    I don't think they look too bad, Homer's head would be right on a fat body
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I think these are real.

I am also not sure what people have a problem with, they look like I would have expected them to look.
    I think the heads are a little on the large size when compared to the standard mini-fig body that they are on, but I bet they will look better when on the appropriate body.
    It is also worth bearing in mind that the Simpsons characters have overly large heads...
    The actual molds themselves look like a decent representation to me.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^ Not sure its too much of a limb, seems almost certain that they are real given the past history.

When I first saw them I though they were horrible but have come around considerably (especially if I ingore the torso/legs used) and now think they're fine and trust that they'll be almost great with the correct torsos. I might have liked them to use minifig heads but to be honest they wouldn't have worked and would have looked worse if using the current bald head / darth maul style top. Makes complete sense to use something along the lines of the toy story heads. Am sure they'll be a definite buy from me (for my two boys).
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    Imagine how big Marges head piece will be!
    ^^ not actually seen any 'past history' is there a link?
    I just think they look about what I was expecting, as you say something similar to what they did with Toy Story.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,957
    icey117 said:

CM4S said:
    I am quite sure those are not for real. The quality of the plastic and colour printing on the faces looks to be way below the LEGO accuracy.
    I don't think the quality of the photograph is good enough to judge either way.
    ^^ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-the-simpsons-figure-homero-rare-/400588635349

Same seller as the new ninjago figure, iron patriots etc.
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    I think you'll probably only get a real feel for them when you see them in conjunction with the sets too to be honest.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 539
    I am looking forward to the two green alien octopus guys
    princedraven
    edited October 2013
    i notice they even have #4000002 listed
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    ^ Indeed, I'm curios what it will sell for, haven't seen one of these auctioned before.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited October 2013
    Having had another look, I've decided its indeed the head sizes that bother me so much, leaving me with a feeling of fast-food-outlet-crappy-toy giveaway, though I concede the photography does not help.

But the heads are definitely too big, even for a cartoon render.

I think the sweet spot would have been heads that were at most no bigger (in height) than the minifig torso... Which would be closer to the actual simpsons cartoon dimensions too (which are appx. torso = head, except kids).

Being bigger than the torso just makes them look cheap, and ascetically displeasing.

(for me).
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited October 2013
    @legomatt

I'm hopeful better photos and seeing the real bodies will give me a better impression.

As far as the head size, looking at pictures of Woody and Jessie Toystory figures Woody's head appears longer than his torso, so it has been done before. They both have longer then normal minifigure legs though, which may help with proportions.
    legomatt
    @Basta

Good shout re: Toy Story. Those did indeed work well. Here's hoping...

However, since posting, I attempted a rudimentary 'copy, cut & paste' with the straight ahead ebay image, (cutting Homer's head off, shrinking it down a bit, then re-attaching). I didn't shrink it by as much as I thought i would need to (torso 'height' was much too small), but have to say the result of a small deflation was startling by how infinitely better it looked.

Sadly i don't have the image (deleted it without thinking). But anyone who can should try it.
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    edited October 2013
    Marcia Wallace a voice actress on the Simpsons has passed away... She was famous for her character Edna Krabappel... She was a few days short of her 71st birthday... R.I.P.
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247

Marcia Wallace a voice actress on the Simpsons has passed away... She was famous for her character Edna Krabappel... She was a few days short of her 71st birthday... R.I.P.

I heard... very sad news indeed. I do hope we get a minifigure in her honor at some point, as goes for Lionel Hutz and Troy Mcclure for Phil Hartman if we ever do get a second CMF series or wave of sets.
    If some of you still think they're fake...

There's also moulding info in the Homer figure, but that one is extremely hard to take a picture of.
    Adzbadboy
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,023
    Which head is that? Flanders?
    CCC said:

Which head is that? Flanders?

Yep, more pictures here: flickr.com/photos/just2good/sets/72157637400206336/with/10696697875/
    edited November 2013
    Nice comparison photos, but I'm not sure I like them. It's strange those heads just look too big, yet in the show they are about the same height as the torso:

It looks like they have gone slightly too big.

Interesting to see that Flanders is wearing an existing torso. I wonder how many new parts we will get, or if all the effort has gone into the heads?
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    CCC said:

It's strange those heads just look too big, yet in the show they are about the same height as the torso:

The head looks too big because the minifigure's legs are too short.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited November 2013
    Not sure why they made drunk/sleepy homer, I know he is like that sometimes but would prefer something a bit more like the picture above.

I'm assuming those body's are not the finished product, homers shirt would have a painted collar etc IMO.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    I'm still trying to decide how I feel about the whole "head size" issue. Like many here, I grew up watching the Simpsons and to have them Legoized is awesome. I'm going to reserve judgement until I see completely finished figures. Either way you can bet I'll buying some!
    CCC said:

Interesting to see that Flanders is wearing an existing torso. I wonder how many new parts we will get, or if all the effort has gone into the heads?

The torso and legs are just my own combination from existing parts. The only parts I got for the figures were the head. ;)
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    Am I the only one who thinks that they might use new torsos for the Simpsons minifigures?
    Wil348 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that they might use new torsos for the Simpsons minifigures?

Of course they will! If you're talking about torso prints at least. That's a given. The leaked figures had older prints as I believe it was a test run. It's guaranteed those aren't going to be the torso prints.

Now, if you're talking about new "fat" moulds for the torsos, I doubt they will for Homer at least. A "fat" printing is all that's needed. He's not that fat.

Of course, this is just speculation. Like I said, the torso and legs on the figures I displayed are my own combinations, as I only received the heads.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,799
    edited November 2013
    Snip.
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    I think the heads look too big because the bodies are flat. Like CCC said, they are proportionately about the right size. But because the heads are big and round, and the bodies are traditional lego shaped, it makes them look off slightly.
    just2good said:

CCC said:

The torso and legs are just my own combination from existing parts. The only parts I got for the figures were the head. ;)
    Thanks for the clarification.
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    I'm not going to discredit the whole line because of the heads being a little big. Perfect? No. Still awesome? Absolutely.

My biggest disappointment is not having t-shirt printings for the arms. Homer in a long sleeve shirt is weird :/
  • burnsiderburnsider Member Posts: 75
    ^ It's already been said that the owner of these heads put on his own legs and torso. We still have not seen the real torso or legs.

Gut feeling is that we will see longer legs like in the Toy Story minifigs.
    just2good
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 454
    burnsider said:

Its odd to me, I considered Toy Story figures as a more Duplo'ey and little kiddish. Toy story is definitely a family move, where as I always considered the Simpsons a more teenager-adult comedy show (Granted I watched it when I was 6 but.....not the point!) (Not as teen-adult as Family guy and Bobs burgers (other side note those bob's burger people still scare me) But still less kiddy.)
    burnsider said:

This was a quick 5-minute photoshop I did from a quick photo I took. Maybe I'll do a better one (with Woody's legs, better lighting, and much better editing) this weekend, but I don't think that would work:
    Not at all, completely wrong now!
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    That looks better. I doubt that the final figures will be like that though...
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,799
    At what point does a minifigure stop being a minifigure? If you ask me TLG will stick as close as they can to the classic minifigure design, as they know that's what people love (see the use of standard figs under the 'juniors' banner).

Whilst the use of the 'bobble-heads' is slightly disappointing, I'd say it was the only realistic way of combining the iconic style of the Simpsons with the classic lego minifigure. Any attempt at printing onto the standard minifig head would have looked a lot odder.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    What if they create bodies along the line of the friends figures,that don't look like the classic minifigure at all but are maybe compatible with the lego system???
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited November 2013
    andhe said:

At what point does a minifigure stop being a minifigure?

I vote now, with this.

andhe said:

At what point does a minifigure stop being a minifigure?

I vote now, with this.

How are these not minifigures? Granted, we have not seen the final bodies, so we do not know for sure, but just basing it off the moulded heads on my own custom minifigure bodies, how are they not minifigures? Does that mean all minifigures with moulded heads are actually not minifigures?

If you read the earlier post, I think that is a vote to keep the regular minifig torso and legs. If the whole series becomes specially molded torsos and or legs then these would be too far from being minifigs.
    CCC said:

If you read the earlier post, I think that is a vote to keep the regular minifig torso and legs. If the whole series becomes specially molded torsos and or legs then these would be too far from being minifigs.

Oh, okay, yeah if that would happen, I'd definitely agree.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,280
    Toy Story is as far as a Minifigure can go in my opinion before it stops being a true Minifigure. I imagine The Simpsons will be these heads on a standard legs and body.
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 266
    I'm not a fan of the Simpsons Lego line or the TV series, but to me, the only way to get the characters to look right would be using a Friends style parts.
  • Saucy_JackSaucy_Jack Scotland Member Posts: 57
    How about a fat belly bib piece for Homer and other Springfield tubsters? Likely?
    legomatt said:

...I attempted a rudimentary 'copy, cut & paste' with the straight ahead ebay image, (cutting Homer's head off, shrinking it down a bit, then re-attaching).

I didn't shrink it by as much as I thought i would need to, but have to say the result of a small deflation was startling by how infinitely better it looked.

Sadly i don't have the image (deleted it without thinking). But anyone who can, should try it.

Repeating myself here, I know, but seriously, if you have photoshop, or even that old 'Paint' program (what I used) and just effect a simple head-shrink and it will look perfect. No need to mess with torso or legs.

Try it. Shrink the head a little bit. It convinced me that the heads are just a tad too big.

(if i can find time, i'll repeat the experiment).
    edited November 2013
    legomatt said:

legomatt said:

...I attempted a rudimentary 'copy, cut & paste' with the straight ahead ebay image, (cutting Homer's head off, shrinking it down a bit, then re-attaching).

I didn't shrink it by as much as I thought i would need to, but have to say the result of a small deflation was startling by how infinitely better it looked.

Sadly i don't have the image (deleted it without thinking). But anyone who can, should try it.

Repeating myself here, I know, but seriously, if you have photoshop, or even that old 'Paint' program (what I used) and just effect a simple head-shrink and it will look perfect. No need to mess with torso or legs.

Try it. Shrink the head a little bit. It convinced me that the heads are just a tad too big.

(if i can find time, i'll repeat the experiment).
    We can't shrink horizontally, as it would make it impossible to fit on a minifigure torso, so I did a vertical shrink. What do y'all think?
    chuckpjasorDiggydoesDoubleDlegomatt
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,302
    They look perfect now.

• Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    I hope they color some "One Ring" pieces for doughnuts instead of printing a picture of a doughnut on a flat 1xround.
    icey117legomatt