Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The LEGO Movie Collectible Minifigures (CMF)

Comments

• TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    ^^ I'd love to see a (Vladimir Putin) shark rider CMF... The problem I foresee is getting a shark to fit in a CMF packet... ;-)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,510
    And with Lego's whacky imagination, Vladimir Putin waving a rainbow flag.
    legofeet
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    CCC said:

I hope it hasn't been photoshopped just to wind me up though!

Unlikely. The minifigures along the bottom of the box are posed differently than in the group image and more is visible of those that are in the back row in the group image.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited November 2013

Sorry, couldn't help it!
    (Yeah, Count Dooku was just the first 'human' minifig I grabbed to take photo btw, no significance here!)

No! "Give it to us raw and wiggling, keep nasty fish with knob"
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 454

AM I missing something here or is my brain twisting those words and thinking "Remember this is a family sight" :P
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    tmgm528 said:

AM I missing something here or is my brain twisting those words and thinking "Remember this is a family sight" :P
    Never seen Lord of he rings? ;-)

Never seen Lord of he rings? ;-)

Oh god how did not get that?!? Hold on for a few hours while I re-watch them all. Jeez its been TOO LONG since iv seen them..
    tmgm528 said:

This is where the (official lego) name comes from.
    margot
    edited November 2013
    CCC said:

This is where the (official lego) name comes from.

I mean honestly didn't ANYBODY at Lego think that sounded a bit odd? Even just a packing guy? ANYBODY? :P
  • mrbradfordmrbradford Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 45
    Not sure if this has been posted here but the figures in high res are at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151775673508403.1073741846.6665038402&type=3

Comparing the individual photos and the group photo, we see that we get at least 2 double-sided heads. Scribble face bad cop, and President Business.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 939
    Am I the only one a little disturbed by the squiggly line smiley face of the cop?
    tmgm528
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,164
    ^ I admit to doing that to some of my faded minifig heads back when I was young....
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    Scibble cop is my fav
    At least we know why he is called scribble face now.
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    I love scribble face bad cop.
    Scribble face is terrifying! I think if I had that in my home I honestly wouldn't be able to sleep at night! (Coming from the guy who changes the channel for an AMC Halloween Marathon Commercial)
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,692
    Having looked through the facebook pictures of the figures, I think I've found a level of intellect below that of the youtube comment... the lego facebook page user.
    edited November 2013
    andhe said:

Having looked through the facebook pictures of the figures, I think I've found a level of intellect below that of the youtube comment... the lego facebook page user.

Thoueth do thy terrible things to ones mother....eth
    In all honesty some are truly quite bad but...I don't know about lower than youtube....
    However this one: lego is the bet i wish they make new legos
    I just don't even...... :/
    andhe
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 251
    Julius Caesar, Roman soldier, Shakespeare, Medusa, and Lincoln. I wonder how long until a historical fig-only CMF line comes out.
    dannyrww
    Medusa was mythological rather than historical. :-)

Add to that list Spartan, Roman commander, gladiator, Egyptian queen, etc. Lego must know of their popularity given how well those CMFs sell on the secondary market. Especially the soldiers.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,322
    I keep a timeline of all historical figures in my classroom (I teach 5th-8th grade history). We keep the mythological figures in that timeline. That being said I would love to see a historical theme.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    ^ @dannyrww- Nice idea. My son's Latin teachers-previous and current- have props- not Lego, but Greek-Roman themed items- all over their classrooms. It really brings the subject/ lessons to life. You sound like a very cool and dedicated teacher. Our schools need more creative teachers like you. Please keep up the good work.
    dannyrww
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,322
    Thanks. I do think it is very important to keep the students engaged and the Lego timeline is certainly a way I try to do that. I was teaching about Aztecs today and they all wanted to see the Aztec warrior from the timeline. It was kind of neat to see them asking about things on the Lego figure (decorations and such) and comparing them to the true historical information that we know.
    Is there any word yet on whether these have special plates, or just plain as normal.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    ^What special plates? Has this been discussed? If so, I must have missed it.
    edited November 2013
    These are not regular cmf, so I wonder if they will get Lego Movie branding on the plates/stands.

Like Team GB.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,288
    Isn't it time for the moderators to change the title of this thread!?
    This is misleading, It makes more sense to call this thread the Lego MOVIE CMF series, because it really isn't really series 12, just like the Olympic UK CMF series wasn't series seven or eight, or which ever CMF series it was in between!?
    red5princedraven
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Lego [email protected] now says these will be available 12/29/13.
  • DJ_Pon3DJ_Pon3 Member Posts: 93

Lego [email protected] now says these will be available 12/29/13.

29/12/13 for those of us who write the date correctly ;)
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Next you'll be using words like meter and centigrade.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310

Next you'll be using words like meter and centigrade.

It would be nice if we could join the rest of the world...

cardgenius
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Our ancestors left the mother land for a reason, but I flunked history so the why of it escapes me . I just do what I learned in school.
    andhekhmellymel
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    I lost interest during Series 8 (didn't collect them all) and got sucked back in on 9,10 and 11. The search to complete 11 with the limited quantities of certain figures has put the nail in the coffin for me. Feeling through 20 plus boxes to find only one scarecrow and zero Grandmothers is not my idea of fun and like many others have stated i can spend my money better on sets i actually want.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    dimefield said:

I lost interest during Series 8 (didn't collect them all) and got sucked back in on 9,10 and 11. The search to complete 11 with the limited quantities of certain figures has put the nail in the coffin for me. Feeling through 20 plus boxes to find only one scarecrow and zero Grandmothers is not my idea of fun and like many others have stated i can spend my money better on sets i actually want.

sounds like the target run I made for 1 scarecrow and a scientist. I lost interest after 7, got sucked in between the 7 & 8 $1 pack post clearance, got drawn to 9, lost interest in 10(mostly the Mr G thing and store employees taking figures b4 they reach the floor), and barely was interested in 11. Was going to do one of the lego movie figures to say I have one of each main series but since they aren't the numbered series, I'm going to spend the money on extra PAB Online stuff when I order next year.
  • woodland_observerwoodland_observer UKMember Posts: 27
    I've been feeling CMF fatigue for the last few series. The new box distribution has been a factor in that. I will probably only pick up a couple from the Lego Movie series (Shakespeare, Panda Guy, maybe Lincoln). Same goes for any further tie-in series.

So, do we think there will be a 'proper' series 12 at some point? Or have we seen the end of the traditional line?
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I think numbered CMFs are over. Assuming they have the LEGO movie ones and then the Simpsons ones It will be a year between s11 and the next available slot. I do think we're likely to see more licenced/themed CMFs though. I suspect theres a massive list of IP's which could provide 16 minifigs but that wouldn't work/don't quite deserve a full LEGO range.
    I'm hoping they do bring back random figures. I don't know how well these have sold though (for lego, not for resellers). I don't buy them new / blind unless they are at least 30% off. It seems there are loads dumped on ebay, and most of the common ones rarely go for more than 99p plus postage (and that's if they sell). Is that because people are buying them cheap in the hope of making a profit, or buying large quantities trying to complete the series? I guess both.

If they want to make them popular again, they just need to do another series with remakes of (but different) zombie, Spartan, Roman soldier *with shield*, dwarf, Viking and elf.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534

I've been feeling CMF fatigue for the last few series. The new box distribution has been a factor in that. I will probably only pick up a couple from the Lego Movie series (Shakespeare, Panda Guy, maybe Lincoln). Same goes for any further tie-in series.

So, do we think there will be a 'proper' series 12 at some point? Or have we seen the end of the traditional line?

I think the series is about ready to be retired, tbh. It was fun for a while but it's just not that exciting or worth the money anymore.

as far as movie tie ins, I DON'T agree with that. when it comes to licensed themes(CMF's included) they are getting to be extremely over done and just a minifig collecting source and taking focus away from lego sets.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,354
    I think the CMF serises still have life in them but maybe they could become more of a seasonal thing, they could easily do a special Haloween run or a Christmas or summer run, maybe a half set like the Olymics one? These are still perfect pocket money items and kids are still excited, well mine anyway by each new serise.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,692
    CCC said:

If they want to make them popular again, they just need to do another series with remakes of (but different) zombie, Spartan, Roman soldier *with shield*, dwarf, Viking and elf.

Has there been any mention of the video game tie-in series on this thread? By the sounds of it, they are likely to see a return of some fan favourites, as well as new characters from the different worlds in the game. If the game is successful I can see it being a bigger source and draw for any future CMF series (each fig will come with a code to unlock it in the game I think). So I don't think it will always be IPs which I for one am pleased to hear.
  • flakmaniakflakmaniak Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2013

when it comes to licensed themes(CMF's included) they are getting to be extremely over done and just a minifig collecting source and taking focus away from lego sets.

Yes, which is why relegating licenses to CMFs is a good thing. People who like the licenses and want to collect figs can have that, and people like me who love building and original themes can have more Chima/Ninjago/whatever. I suspect this won't happen because Lego wants license brand power behind big items, and people will always want Star Wars ships and such, but superhero people have been clamoring for superhero CMFs for ages. Whereas I want more beefy Chima vehicles and locations. Another Eagle Interceptor-level set would be amazing, and I might get the Lion Chi Temple soon.

However, I suspect that license contracts include clauses about how Lego can't just make figs, because that would step on the toes of licensed action figures, or something. Stupid lawyer stuff, I'm sure. But from my perspective, more (some at all) licensed CMFs and more original sets would be dandy.

Edit: I suppose Team GB must have been technically a license, but you know what I mean.
    cheshirecat
    Yes licensed CMFs would be a good thing for those that like collecting minifigures. The whole point of the CMF series is that they are minifig driven.

I cannot see it happening without an increase in the price though. If lego lose sales of those big sets sold for the minfiigs, they are going to need to make it somewhere else.
    ^ Unless they are additional licences so no competition with sets, or possibly with SH where there are enough characters to have both CMF and sets without duplication.
    ^ If they are going to pay licensing costs for the figures, do they sell 16 of them in CMF style sets for £2 each, or sets containing 2-3 minifigs and a few bricks in a crummy build with no relevance to the license for £10-12 each. And have a few larger sets with exclusive minifigs in and repetitions of some from cheaper sets for significantly larger amounts. Some may recognise that description!

^They can just do both, with different licences - especially if they need to fill the CMF pricepoint.
    jasor
  • flakmaniakflakmaniak Member Posts: 50
    CCC said:

^ If they are going to pay licensing costs for the figures, do they sell 16 of them in CMF style sets for £2 each, or sets containing 2-3 minifigs and a few bricks in a crummy build with no relevance to the license for £10-12 each. And have a few larger sets with exclusive minifigs in and repetitions of some from cheaper sets for significantly larger amounts. Some may recognise that description!

Out of curiosity, which license do you mean by this? Or do you mean all of them?

But it is a good point that they probably make more if licenses are used for big sets which kids love and which, incidentally, mean fig collectors have to pay more. Maybe CMFs + sets could do, to get money from the collectors easily (and have more price points at which to generate sales among KFOLs), but also have the big sets for kids and for collectors who want Batcaves and such. But, again, I assume license deals intervene.
  • LegoRoccoLegoRocco Member Posts: 100
    No 1980-something Space Guy?
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited December 2013
    It's a volume thing really, if TLG could sell enough of them I assume CMF could be more profitable than most sets.

As far as The Simpsons go, they could produce 5 to 10 series very easily. My guess is that if the first one does really well they will, licence permitting of course.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,388
    Please could an admin rename this thread 'The LEGO Movie Minifigure Series'?

Thanks! :)
    TheBigLegoski