Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Iron Patriot minifigure.

Comments

• y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    At this point, I'm going to say the 'free release date delivery' they were touting has all but fallen through for me. Which is a bit annoying, cause that's the only reason I pre-ordered it online instead of in-store (thought it would be more convenient). For as massive a corporation as they've become... they've got a long way to go on the dotcom side of things.
    madforLEGO
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    How many people got a wii u version with out instructions. I guess I am going to take it back tomorrow and try again
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 769
    I decided to take trip over to WM tonight since I only live about 10miles away from mid-sized town one. They only had 3 left. When I asked to have the case opened up, I asked how many they originally had...and the employee said they only got 6 copies.
    My games(I bought 2) didn't have the instruction booklets either.
    Won't that make selling them a little harder.
    I would think so...but then again...I've never looked at any of the instruction booklets in any of my other Wii games.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    My Wii copy didn't include instructions either. Now I need to get a WiiU to play the game.
  • Jal4u2cJal4u2c USAMember Posts: 12
    I tried to get a booklet tonight for mine but they didn't have any of the game whatsoever. So i just returned it. Of course i kept my Iron Patriot for the trouble.
    I figured at much that the WM stores wouldn't have any booklets. I guess that'll have to be a call to Nintendo. WM took the game back after it was opened?
  • trickydicky0880trickydicky0880 Member Posts: 134
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. I got the Wii U version and it came with instructions.
  • Jal4u2cJal4u2c USAMember Posts: 12
    This Walmart refunded me because i gave them hades for selling me basically an opened game in the first place. If they were going to add the polybag to their "exclusive" box, why did they feel the need to open the actual game box? They could have just took the shrink-wrapped game and put it in the new box with the polybag. For all i know, some employee had the game out and was playing on his lunch break, then put it back (without the instruction booklet) in the box. I won't fall for this again. Walmart has been finding new ways to annoy me lately as is.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    I went to the store this morning and the associates there seems to be clueless and keep said they didn't received yet! I Preorder mine and I hope they still have more
  • neomonkeyneomonkey Member Posts: 82
    For those that got their games from Walmart.com, did they ship it securely in a box or was it shipped in a padded envelope?
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    Padded envelope.
  • neomonkeyneomonkey Member Posts: 82
    vwong19 said:

Padded envelope.

I was hoping it'd be sent in a box. I hope my game box isn't crushed.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 351
    I tried to pick my pre-ordered PS3 copy up yesterday on the way to work, no one knew what I was talking about. Went by again on the way home, 3 people working the electronics desk. While Moe and Larry tried to convince me it wasn't released yet, Curly found a box behind the counter and said "hey, is this it?" Moe looked pissed, so don't know what was going on there. The PS3 version came in a shrink-wrapped box with the IP figure inside the box. The game itself was no shrink-wrapped inside the box, but otherwise everything was there in good order.
    I wonder why they are opening the cases it makes no sense. Unless they thought people were going to take the minifig and bring back the game.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited October 2013
    neomonkey said:

vwong19 said:

Padded envelope.

I was hoping it'd be sent in a box. I hope my game box isn't crushed.
    Yeah good luck with that.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Padded envelope for me too, but actually arrived unscathed.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329

I wonder why they are opening the cases it makes no sense. Unless they thought people were going to take the minifig and bring back the game.

Bingo!

• starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Mine arrived in a padded envelope. It looked like someone sat on it, but the poly bag and game were fine. I don't care about the outer box.
  • NellyNelly Member Posts: 77
    My Wii U version came in a padded envelope. No instructions either. Can anyone post a photo of them so I know what I am missing?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,428
    edited October 2013
    margot said:
    Scammer, Fell off a truck, or is reselling the games on eBay or Craigslist.
    my guess is they are not scamming, but that is just a guess.
    I guess check eBay for someone with his ID or just someone else selling 50 of the games without the figure.

I got my game via Fed Ex today, padded envelope and I have an XBox360 so the game came in a sealed laminated outer box and inside came the fig polybag and the Game in its normal clam shell, and sealed still.
  • MacheteroMachetero Member Posts: 26

I got my game via Fed Ex today, padded envelope and I have an XBox360 so the game came in a sealed laminated outer box and inside came the fig polybag and the Game in its normal clam shell, and sealed still.

When you say "sealed still" do you mean the sticker they put on it or the shrink wrap as well? I have an Xbox360 copy as well but it arrived yesterday and the sticker was there but no shrink wrap on the actual game box.

Machetero said:

When you say "sealed still" do you mean the sticker they put on it or the shrink wrap as well? I have an Xbox360 copy as well but it arrived yesterday and the sticker was there but no shrink wrap on the actual game box.

Unopened shrink wrap on the box and when I removed the shrink wrap and opened the box the security seals are still on the clam shell case

Even if someone tried that, it wouldn't matter. The case doesn't have its own UPC.

Bright side for anyone who didn't get their game on release day is that you can contact customer service and tell them they missed the guaranteed release date delivery and they'll send you a $10 store credit. I had to provide a link to their own policy for some strange reason, but beyond that, it wasn't much of a hassle, which was a pleasant surprise.
    margotcanon03murphquake
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Can you post the link here?
    y2josh said:

Even if someone tried that, it wouldn't matter. The case doesn't have its own UPC.

Bright side for anyone who didn't get their game on release day is that you can contact customer service and tell them they missed the guaranteed release date delivery and they'll send you a $10 store credit. I had to provide a link to their own policy for some strange reason, but beyond that, it wasn't much of a hassle, which was a pleasant surprise.
    Is this for .com orders? If so can you please provide the link to that policy? As I got the game today even though it came out yesterday.
    Hmm, mine won't even get here until tomorrow at the earliest. Hope it's not too beat up by the time it arrives.
    http://www.walmart.com/cservice/contextual_help_popup.gsp?modId=1070546

It's actually pretty buried in their site and even on games that have the guarantee, it's linked haphazardly, so maybe they're counting on most people not finding it.
    madforLEGO
    Thanks @y2josh!
    I could not find it at all, even tried to look at upcoming releases to see if I could find a link to this policy
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    margot said:

So how does someone get over 200 of these?

I have seen his listings before...I do not envy "brickenvy" the eBay seller who marks everything up at least five times its original price. And asks 900US for the free to employees Lego Duck for 2011 I think it was. I would not have the gall to ask that much if I did sell any LEGO (I never have.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-LEGO-MARVEL-IRON-PATRIOT-IRON-MAN-PROMO-POLYBAGGED-MINIFIGURE-NEW-IN-HAND-/321167235508?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item4ac70f19b4

• psychopuppetpsychopuppet Member Posts: 71
    I went to Walmart shortly after midnight on the 22nd. Glad I did as they only got one 360 copy in. Got 2 PS3 and the rest of the box was Wii U . Instructions are kind of on the small side. Pretty much like every game now a days just a basic explanation. Got my figure at least. Game is fun though feels kind of short.
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    This was a Pre-Order deal, you reserve the game, they order copies based on those pre-orders, so i doesnt surprise me the low number of copies people are finding at Wal Mart .
  • SD6SD6 Member Posts: 2
    Speaking of this figure, how do we get the description fixed on Brickset?

Right now the set shows "30168-1: Gun mounting system", and has no tab for the Minifig.
    Thanks @y2josh! Still waiting on my game but getting a $10 gift card will be nice!
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,251
    My WiiU version arrived today without the instructions. Goon a try calling Walmart and/or Nintendo on Monday.
    edited October 2013
    So I got my game and figure, but like @y2josh reported that if the game arrived 1 day after its release date, their guarantee comes into play.
    I'll say this right now. CALL them, do not email. I got lazy and tried to do this via email and the excuses they used were laughable until one day they just stopped responding to me altogether and all I was doing is quoting their own policy to them and the facts (game came out of Oct22 and it arrived at my home on 23rd) . So I finally got fed up and called them yesterday. The guy had to figure out how to do it (first time doing it), but otherwise no fighting or anything, just 'OK sir, we will refunding the shipping cost and send out the 10 dollar gift card'.
    Here is the email I got from Walmart:

Hi Russell,

We regret that your item has arrived with missing or damaged parts. For the specific item you purchased, we have two options. We can work with you to compensate for the part if you believe you can obtain the part locally. Otherwise, we suggest returning the item for either a credit or replacement.

Please let us know how you want to proceed. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to helping you.

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email or call us at 1-800-966-6546.

Sincerely,
    Walmart.com Customer Care
    Original Message Follows
    -------------------------
    10/28/2013 03:39 PM from you:
    My game was received without the instruction manual. How do I go about getting a copy of the instruction manual sent to me?

Obtain the part locally?
    I think it can be safely said that the walmart.com email handlers are jokers and to call the CS line.
    Walmart customer service just referred me to LEGO customer service. :)
    Went to trade it in and the second copy had no instruction either.
    Also just went to best buy they said they would give me 34 for it of course store credit but alot better then GameStop.
    So Walmart CS referred me to LEGO CS, who referred me to Warner Brothers CS. The guy at WB says the WiiU version of the game does not come with an instruction manual. He is going to email me a link to the digilal version for download.
  • NellyNelly Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    @Russell844

If you get that digital link, can you share it with the rest of us?
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
    edited November 2013
    This game will be $30 on Black Friday at Wal-mart?
    ^I haven't read anything to that effect, but I assume the Iron Patriot versions will be long gone by then (if they aren't already).
    @Nelly, I will if I get them. No email yet.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Where do you all see the Iron Patriot settling in price? They seem to be floating around the $23-30 range on ebay right now. Will they likely hold around there, go down for a bit, or shoot up in price quickly?
    My guess is they will be the similar price to that of the Lex Luthor exclusive Fig that Gamestop had when Batman 2 came out. But that is just a guess. I think it also has to do with how popular the character is.