Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Possible new CMF Bad Super Wrestler?

murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
checking ebay for a cheap iron patriot and found the usual Mexican seller with all the pre-release figures has a red colored variant of the CMF S1 Super Wrestler. At first I thought it was all just recolored red but now I see it's actually new prints on head body & legs. Pretty cool I hope this is a CMF or in one of the gear or accessory pack sets that have had a bunch of CMFs (brick calendar, beach set) or recolors (clown in bday set, brown suit zombie in halloween set)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-luchador-serie-and-hot-wheels-compatible-lego-figures-/171155874382?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item27d9af624e
sidersddkezLegogeekBrickDancer

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    Interesting! Nice find! That seller has a lot of interesting stuff. Obviously escapees from the LEGO factory...(c;
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 457
    Interesting indeed! Since its the same seller as many other of these things I would assume its real but its quite dark and the light hits it at an odd angle.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,929
    edited October 2013
    Nice, finally someone for the S1 wrestler to fight.

Although now I am expecting a blue (non-Team GB) boxer to appear. :-(

There are a few strange combinations in his auctions. Lego Flash and SpongeBob!
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 785
    Haven't Lego caught up with this guy yet?

:)
    andhe
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 457
    edited October 2013

Would this be considered a crime in the lego world? You appear to be batman so do something about this! :P
    2:47 AM *A dark and stormy night in mexico. A seller puts more figures which *fell* out of the lego truck on ebay. A lego batman swings through a window (How I duno he's plastic.) Standing no chance considering he's an inch tall batman becomes the next victim of the seller and is bought for only $9.00 (+S&H)*
    vitreolumGothamConstructionComargotTheBigLegoskiMathBuildermurphquakecarlq
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,510
    I thought the next CMF line was going to be tied to the Lego Movie? So is this guy from the movie, or is series 12 not movie related?

Or are TLG introducing a Lucha Libra line? :P
    chromedigimurphquake
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 785
    tmgm528 said:

Would this be considered a crime in the lego world? You appear to be batman so do something about this! :P
    Touché :)

tmgm528
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    While I do condone the blackmarket sales of LEGO, if this is for real, then at least it's good to know that the blue wrestler will finally have someone to wrestle.
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    andhe said:

While unlikely, such a theme actually would have lots of playability factor. ;-)

chromedigi
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 584
    CCC said:

Although now I am expecting a blue (non-Team GB) boxer to appear. :-(

If the alternate boxer came with either black or white gloves, that would be cool.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Looks like it´s from the Lego Movie: http://www.hothbricks.com/2013/10/bienvenido-luchador/
    so possibly CMF Series 12 (that´s the one that´s supposed to be packed with Lego Movie Figures right? or was it S13?)
    murphquake
  • lucianlucian Member Posts: 32
    andhe said:

I thought the next CMF line was going to be tied to the Lego Movie? So is this guy from the movie, or is series 12 not movie related?

Series 12 is The Lego Movie
    Series 13 is supposedly The Simpsons
    Series 14 is rumored to be Super Heroes

Based on that I would think he's in the Lego movie
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,929
    He probably is in the movie. I still don't see Simpsons being labelled as S13.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    lucian said:

andhe said:

I think S14 is rumored to be characters featured in the upcoming Minifigure MMORPG.

ACWWGal2011
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    He´s almost definitely in the Movie that´s why i´ve posted the link above!!!
  • chromedigichromedigi Member Posts: 344
    edited October 2013
    The pics in the original post make it look like there are figs for both Santo and Blue Demon. Any resemblance is purely coincidental, of course.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    nice work @diggydoes mystery somewhat solved... i'd venture that since CMFs are made in China that this will be part of a set for The LEGO Movie, not the S12 CMFs....or maybe both. I imagine the expense of doing the CMFs other than in china would keep them happening there where they're already tooled up to make and package them?
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @chromedigi idk anythinga bout lucha libre to really say, just the pics from the ebay auction and the S1 Super Wrestler pic from brickset
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,510
    Diggydoes said:

He´s almost definitely in the Movie that´s why i´ve posted the link above!!!

Ah yes, even with my limited A-Level french, I can see that this chap is indeed in the movie (albeit perhaps a background character). Good spot.

• ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    CircleK said:

lucian said:

andhe said:

I think S14 is rumored to be characters featured in the upcoming Minifigure MMORPG.

Last time we heard anything, it is supposed to be figgies from the new MMORPG but lego does have a bit of a theme addiction problem lately so a SH line wouldn't be a suprise