Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited October 2013
    Yes, finally! I'm just not sure if I have the space to display such a massive set. Maybe if I create openings in the second and third floor of my house, I will be able to properly display the set upright.

Jk, looks like it will be a good stocking stuffer.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather pay $8 and get #40058 Decorating the Tree. For $4 more I get 2 minifigs, better looking tree, and a miniature loco
    ACWWGal2011
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^I'm always confused why people feel the need to comment negatively. There are a lot of us who like to collect polybags and quite frankly don't give a rat's ass whether you like this set or not. Just sayin'.....
    cloaked7Jonn420Thanos75chrisdojowagnerml2LegogeekandheFurrysaurus
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    margot said:

^I'm always confused why people feel the need to comment negatively. There are a lot of us who like to collect polybags and quite frankly don't give a rat's ass whether you like this set or not. Just sayin'.....

Last time I check people are free to express their opinions on bricksetforum. I respect your sentiment / opinion even though you obviously did not share the same respect for mine.
    nkx1
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    It has an interesting build technique. If one compares #30186 to #40058 they are very different, each having it's own merits.
    @dragonhawk, I do appreciate you posting about #40058. It looks like a great set.
    @AFFOL_Shellz_Bellz- you should be in politics. :-)
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    LOL @margot , Heaven knows the US could use some level heads in politics right now! Maybe we should send all our politicians some Lego to play with, but I expect they would only squabble over them.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    I don't think any one of them would be able to build anything. They aren't creative enough to build their own creation and they won't bother to read the iinstructions ;)
    AFFOL_Shellz_Bellz
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,915
    Maybe they need to walk on them barefoot. :D
    AFFOL_Shellz_BellzchrisdojoMathBuilderpharmjod
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    Perhaps they can be placed in a Lego enclosure of some sort (with glued pieces, of course), and we can start over with less-corrupt counterparts. Rinse, repeat as necessary :)
    AFFOL_Shellz_Bellz
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I'm all for the set, except the star being upside down is so lazy. Good find Margot. I get the feeling you scour TRU's site every day ;)
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    @tensor - she is ninja quick on the TRU stuff. You have to be. Most of the time when it is first put on the site, they screw something up and you can either buy it early or cheaper.
    margot
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    I love how large the presents are compared to the kids in #40058. LEGO kids definitely get hooked up around the holidays.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,579
    I got excited when I saw the title. But this is not #30168.

I'm not a fan of the upside down star. I just built a similar but slightly taller version and stuck the pink girl microfig on the top. Makes a nice fairy.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    All my TRU has is the ugly witch 40032 in the aisles. I feel sorry for her she is so ugly because I wouldn't keep her if someone gave her to me!!! ( apologize deeply in advance if she is your favorite polybag!)

BUT if you ask at checkout, the clerk will pull out the magic cardboard box with three other polybags...Geoffrey (my personal favorite), a TNMT, and Super Heroes #30166! God only knows why they keep them in a box behind the clerk, but I am certain it really helps push their sales up! So don't forget to ask for the ones stored behind the counter....duh!
    juggles7
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,915
    I just found these in store in San Mateo, CA for $3.99 Each.
    They're live online top but I'm waiting for them to come to store.
    #40035 is also now at TRU.com (rocking horse)