Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

40058 Decorating the Tree / 40059 Santa’s Sleigh

AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 785
edited October 2013 in Buying & Selling Topics
Just noticed these are now available at [email protected]
LegoMom1

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    What country?
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 785
    Belgium
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,500
    They're on the UK site too.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,784
    The Holiday 2013 catalog I got yesterday says they are available in the USA on November 1st.
    margotLegoMom1
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,388
    They're already in brand stores in the uk
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    I really like "Decorating The Tree". I'll have to pick that one up when I go to Shepherd's Bush next month.
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 745
    Ordered "Decorating the tree" this morning as part of an order. Think that will go nicely with my new WV station. Yet to be designed...
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257

The Holiday 2013 catalog I got yesterday says they are available in the USA on November 1st.

Would have been super to get them during 2x VIP, obviously. Maybe they'll be in US stores sooner.
    margot
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    I just this minute ordered the Winter Village Market. Would have loved to add these to my order. I must have them!!!!!!!!!
    Pitfall69
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,296
    I bought 40058 at Legoland yesterday. US
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    @starfire2 Legoland CA or FL?
  • weaselkingweaselking Member Posts: 61
    40059 looks to have the same reindeer and harness as 40010. At least we get a minifig Santa this time (same as 853353 minus the freckles?). Always hated the Santa with 40059.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited October 2013
    So we have 5 Christmas sets this year, 8 if you include the advent calendars, plus the myriad of baubles and ornaments?

As cool as they may be, I'm experiencing Christmas Lego overload, which is affecting my perception of the specialness of the xmas sets.
    binaryeye
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    I can't beleave they are not using the new Santa minifig cap that came out in Series 8
    ^^ We only have 1 real set though. Think of the rest as Christmas battle packs :-)
    klatu003
    ^Fair enough, though I think these two new ones detract from the two freebie sets. They suddenly don't seem nearly as special (not to mention the tree decorating one is a better than the rehashed xmas tree lot imho).

^^And "beleave?" Are you serious?
    So, are you the word police?

Sorry my misspelling was bad enough for you to feel that you had point out.
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 385
    edited October 2013
    ^^ maybe it's a comment on the tree set
    hewman
    ^^No, he quoted my misspelling of "believe".
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    To be fair its a pretty egregious misspelling ;p
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 683
    Don't recall seeing these sets on [email protected] the other day when I ordered my WV Market otherwise I would have snagged them! Anyone know if they are in-store as well?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    ^ Definitely in the UK mate.
    They're in polybags at the till points.
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    So the Tree Decorating is the Winter scene to kind of go with the other seasons scenes?
    Yes, both polybags are.
    @FenrisAkashi said: To be fair its a pretty egregious misspelling ;p

I agree with you, but...if you are going to point out mistakes, you should be sure your comment is error free as well.
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    ^Trying to be Meta ;D
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 683
    Thanks for the confirmation to @Legoboy and @Paperballpark :-)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    ^^ Well put.

I read back some of the crap I write and wonder how on earth I wrote it without picking up on the fact I'd actually missed words out. Typos are common place whilst using my phone I'm afraid but when on a PC there's no excuse for me yet some of my sentences still end up back to front - it's as if I'm having two conversations sometimes. It's only online though and is why you'll find most of my posts edited.
    edited October 2013
    No, I wouldn't have said something if it weren't so..."your"-ish. It doesn't hurt to at least try and be literate, no matter how "mongrel" the language may be. It does tend to be what civilization is based upon after all. If getting corrected on an online board gets you bent out of shape, you should ask yourself if you're on the right internet.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,296

@starfire2 Legoland CA or FL?

CA

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,354
    I think people are having withdrawals from the reseller threads ;)
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    I wonder if these polys will not appear at US Brand stores until later as the Thanksgiving set is probably taking up that space at the moment.
    If shelf space is indeed an issue, then I would suggest that they retire a few sets.
    wagnerml2pharmjodBasta
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    edited October 2013
    Holiday catalog just arrived. Both sets are listed with language that says availalbe November 1.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    That decorating the tree set is going to sell out in about a week. I bet. Remember the mini Xmas train last year? I blinked, and it was gone.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Agreed, I wanted more of those mini-trains to make a mini-Holiday Train 10173 but they went EOL so early and then shot up in price on the open market.
    What's up with the grey haired dude with the walkie talkie? A Series11 elf would be more appropriate.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    I like the Decorating the Tree set much better than I do the first Holiday exclusive. The timing is horrible though. Couldn't get it with my double VIP orders, and I don't think I want to chance waiting until Black Friday. I really hate paying shipping though.
    ^ Isn't it the 2nd freebie by Brick Friday though? The delivery truck?
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    @Russell844 Does the catalog mention the new Hobbit sets? I guess no pictures, or they would be on the internet-machine by now. Catalogs are a hit and miss thing in my mailbox :(
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,784
    There was nothing about the new Hobbit sets. :(
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Briking said:

^ Isn't it the 2nd freebie by Brick Friday though? The delivery truck?

Yep - sorry... I was clear as mud there. What I meant was that I'm not making another large purchase until Black Friday b/c I want the 2nd Winter Exclusive. I don't want to wait until BF for the Tree Decorating poly though out of fear they will sell out. So, I will end up getting it before Black Friday and will have to pay shipping.

• JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    I managed to grab both now with double points and got one of the new Minecraft sets and the freebie set from the FInland S&H - first time I have used them so waiting for the delivery now :D .. excited!