Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

30166 Robin & Redbird Cycle - FREE this Saturday only at TRU

Comments

• tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    Anyone fancy picking a few up and shipping to us Bricksetters in the UK?
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    I think you can order direct from TRU delivered to the UK. :)
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 536
    Seems to be store pick-up only
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    There are quite a few still out there. I picked up 40 through store pickup this morning and would get a few hundred more if I had time to do some driving over the next few days.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited October 2013
    Why not order online then?-

Oops, I see they are out again
    I would if I could, but they're not available for shipping on the TRU website. I did grab some last night, but that order is in backordered status.
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    Anyone else in the US able to help me out shipping to UK? Need quite a few please! TRU USA don't ship to the UK.
    @tom4086, how many do you need?
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    I bought 4 at Toys R Us online and do local pick up. that is the only store only in stock and allow to do store pick up. when i got to the store, the clerk they are out!
    ^You can't do a pickup until you get a confirmation email that your items have been bagged up and are ready for pick up. Until you get that email your order can be cancelled.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    edited October 2013
    i got my 4, but i try to get 1 more, she said that all they have, sorry for the misleading!

and it seems Toys R us remove the item from their website. no longer can find it, either under 30166 or lego Robin
    ^oh, got it! Glad you got the 4, I was worried you got nothing!
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    I got confirmation on shipping of some of mine. The order shows the others are in stock, just haven't shipped yet.
  • NellyNelly Member Posts: 77
    Was at my local TRU and they had about 10 on a rack. So I go back to the register to feel up some Series 11 minifigs before I snatch a few (you know, to keep my hands free for feeling) and some guy strolls up with all of them in hand to purchase. Apparently...you snooze, you lose.
  • coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    edited October 2013
    The way things are going there will be none left for the promotion on the 19th.
    I had an interesting thing. Got shipment confirmation of my bonus minifig packs, but not the #30166's. I am assuming since they are sending the free sets that they will eventually send the polys. But then again, it is TRU!
    I went by one TRU to pick up some of the Robin polys that I had ordered online and they had the Iron Man vs. Fighting Drone poly on the racks. I went by another one, which had the Robin polys on the racks, but no Iron Man. I'm glad I was able to jump on these while they were available.
    I picked up some Iron Man ones in store as well today. Have not seen the Robin one in store yet.
  • atxleeatxlee Member Posts: 155
    I dropped by TRU yesterday and nothing was available. Will try again this Saturday.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 738
    I stopped in my local TRU today (Thursday at noon) and found the Iron Man poly but no Robin. So I asked the store manager. He knew about this weekends event(he works Sat. and holds a couple of the Lego packs back for me) and he had no idea about the Robin poly. He looked thru their invoices/manifests and they hadn't gotten any yet nor does it show them ever getting any. He hoped they'd get something either today or tomorrow. Which I necessarily didn't understand if their manifests shows it not showing up this week or out in the semi outside...unless they'll get a special package with some in it.
    Otherwise he said they'd have to substitute it, which will leave a lot of people unhappy.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ The CR TRU has some @scotty12 if you end up down this way. Otherwise I have some and can hold on to one for you if you can't get one.
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    If you're in NYC, the TRU in Times Square currently has the Robin & Redbird at the registers upstairs for $4.99. Also there were the Iron Man poly and the TMNT poly.
    murphquake
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Good thing I picked a couple up last week, because I just went for some more Robin poly's and they are sold out. They have only a few Iron Man left... Got the last Krang Poly they had though...
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    So what the heck are they going to offer tomorrow in lieu of sold out Redbird Cycles?
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Does it say "while supplies last"?
    ^^if you are surprised by TRU being out of a promo then you haven't shopped at TRU very much. They will blame it on Lego, that's what they always do at my store.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ Really? What do they say to blame it on LEGO? LEGO made such a cool set that we had to put it out and sell it early instead of holding on to it for the promo?

Styer
    ^No, they say "Lego only gave us 5 so we ran out right away"
    thecleator
    Well, I am used to their shenanigans regarding these promotions. I never go out of my way to get a polybag set but my 6 year old daughter loves Robin and wanted this set since it was offered in Canada. I was even thinking about getting it on Bricklink for her. When I saw news that TRU would offer this set for free with a $20 Super Hero purchase I planned on getting 4 separate overpriced $25 sets at TRU to get 4 Robin polys.

Reading all the comments here for the past week, I've been hitting all 3 TRU stores I have around trying to find this before today, and the Boca Raton store had it before time yesterday, so I grabbed 4 sets. They only had like 3 left when I was done. For me it was great, because I did not had to spend $100 in overpriced merchandise to get the 4 sets I wanted. TRU shot their foot because they emptied the promotion by making the Robin poly available before time.

Being a retail manager for a few years here in the US some time ago, I have the feeling that this is due to corporate not informing the stores properly about the upcoming promotions, so when the truck arrives with polybags the employees just drop them on the floor.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,172
    edited October 2013
    Well these are for sale, that is they have a price in their computer.
    You just happen to get one for free if you buy X dollars in LEGO Batman sets.
    So these were not made just for a promo, they were made to sell.
    Now the problem (if you want to call it that, but that is another debate for the reseller thread) is that AFOLs all hear about these being available and selling for 3 times the amount and then go and buy them all.
    TRU does not limit these as corporate does not allow them (I believe, maybe someone familiar with TRU can confirm that) so someone can come in and buy 50 of them at once.
    Not smart IMO, but TRU does not care as long as they make their money. Never mind that they also do not care because they are 'giving them away' in one week, they would much rather sell them all.
    Should they limit them? I feel they should, so you can get a few and still have some left for the next guy but that is just my opinion. However, when one person comes in and decides to buy 40-50 of them then you are going to see this happen.
    ^ Yep, I agree 100%.
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    edited October 2013
    You dont need to buy the $20 worth of batman, just take the poly to the register they ring up as $4.99. I picked up one today alone with the joker build.
  • BlueMoonUSABlueMoonUSA Member Posts: 116
    They didn't have either at my store. Were substituting the kraang polybag for the promotion instead. Bummer.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited October 2013
    Both TRU locations near me were cleared out. If anyone has 1 or 2 to spare, I'd be interested in buying or trading for it.
  • TheMurmurTheMurmur Member Posts: 90
    I've got a few of each left at my TRU, anyone interested can send me a list of what they have available to trade.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 991
    My TRU had tons of the Robin and Jeffrey polybags today, plus I got to build a Joker mini-mech! Even better when the clerk accidentally gave me the Jeffrey for free. All in all probably one of the most successful trips I have ever had to TRU, hahahaha.
  • StyerStyer Huntington, WV, USAMember Posts: 73
    I overpaid $15 for 6857 and $5 for 76006, but I got both poly bags free ($4.99 each) and this week's minifigure set (19.99). So if you add all that up, I saved $10.00.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    edited October 2013
    ^ I see you're using that new 'advanced math' they're all talking about lately. ;)
    Styer said:

I overpaid $15 for 6857 and $5 for 76006, but I got both poly bags free ($4.99 each) and this week's minifigure set (19.99). So if you add all that up, I saved $10.00.

You know that TRU price matches right?

Legoboy
    I forgot about the price matching. I guess I could have had them price match the boat, but it was my understanding that the Funhouse is a TRU exclusive, and I don't think LEGO.com is on the on-line price match list.

I may head back over there sometime this week and ask for a price match on the boat set. Amazon has it for $17.50, so that's a pretty decent discount.
    I'm not sure if they are supposed to price match Lego.com but I've seem them do it before, on this same set as a matter of fact.
    LEGO.com is not on the list of "selected competitor websites," but for $15 it is worth trying. Though price matching both items would take me below the $60 qualification for the minifigure set, so that may be a complicating factor as well.

Thanks for the heads up on that.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    I had some time to kill today and a couple birthday presents to buy so I hit the TRU thats out in the boonies from me. They always have old sets sitting on the shelves. They had a bunch or the Robin and Krang poly's on the shelf. Between picking up a couple polys and a Barrel Escape I had just enough to qualify for the minifig pack. I asked at the register for the pack and they had no clue about it. I ended up checking out and asked customer service and they had to go look to make sure there really was a sign in the isle showing the offer. After 15min of them searching for the sets they found an unopended case. I wonder how many people bought sets and never got the free set....it was set 2 of the series by the way.
    ^ Similar thing happened to me today. Went to the store in Coral Springs, FL and grabbed $62.00 worth of LEGO, including the last 2 Robin polys they had there, and when I went to the register and asked about the free minifigure pack, the girl knew nothing about it. When I showed her the printed ad, she said it was not valid anymore, so I insisted and she called a manager that told her I could pay and go to customer service to pick the last set they had.

Well, I did so and the girl at customer service did not bothered to check my receipt, she just pulled set #2 out of a box and gave me.

Just a quick detail... My purchase included a $39.99 large red brick storage box and a Friends pencil sharpener for $2.00... Items that actually should not qualify for the set. Me and my wife only realized that when we read the paper ad once more at home. Storage items do not qualify as Lego.

You see, TRU is so messed up that sometimes we can actually leave the store with a good deal, even if it is a twisted one.
    Did you notice the business guy in the #2 set has a fleshy torso. You can see it poking out at the top of his shirt.
    My business guy looks like he has yellow there rather than a flesh tone.
    FYI, If you price match, you lose the promo offer. At least at my TRU.
    I will try and take a good pic of it to post....
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 738
    Today(Sunday) the kids and I ran into the TRU to see if they had any of Sat. event left over...the always do...and this time I was told it was really busy on Sat. and they were out...no big deal really. So I checked and found some of the Robin polys and the kids wanted a couple of Series 11 minifigures each. So after making sure I got over $60 worth of polys I got to the counter I asked her for the free 5pack minifigure box. The 'new' employee said that it didn't qualify, that it had to be in a box and what I was getting wasn't considered "construction" Legos. I told her that didn't make sense and that it worked before during week 1. She said I was the 2nd person that day to ask for the freebie and the manager said "no". I told her to call her up here anyway. So she called her on her radio and asked but the manager was "too busy" and repeated to her that you could only get the freebie by purchasing a box or boxes of Legos.
    Anyone else's store pull this garbage?

BTW...I'm also taking everything back and working with a TRU manager that's actually helpful. This manager was the Sunday old curmudgeon that totes the company line and is just perplexed when someone mentions TRU stuff is expensive and you could find it cheaper somewhere else.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    When I bought my polybags, the word promo appeared on the register as they were scanned. As a former TRU employee, that tells me they're eligible for the promotion.