Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[USA] TRU Bricktober Week 2 (Oct 9-15)

sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
edited October 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Nothing too great for week 2. Free Ninjago battle arena for purchases over $50. Free glued Forestman for purchases over $20. Ramses Pyramid, Minotaurus, Creationary, Harry Potter, and Atlantis games at 25% off as well. Finally there is a Cars 2 build event on Oct 15 - build a free Rod "Torque" Redline and take it home.

Comments

• bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    That's a bit of a let-down after the first week. I hope it gets better in week 3 or 4.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,151
    ^---Im guessing a BOGO or maybe a b2gof is coming up.... If so, I hope they have pet shops, grand emporiums, and fire brigades for that.... Or allow for 3 unimogs to be bought... (may need to hit the stores for that one)

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ I wouldn't bet on it. This is about the same as last year - only the first week was worth getting excited about.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,207
    Maybe a 2 day mid week sale?
    ^^---Pretty sure there was a BOGO during Bricktober last year....
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Pretty weak, but I guess they are banking on all those people trying to 'collect all 4 limited edition magnets! Oh well, it will be good to take a week off from buying LEGO! :)
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^^ You're right there was. It was limited, but not terrible. Here's what it was last year:

Week 1: All Lego sets 10%-30% off, Free imperial soldier fig, $10 geoffrey bucks for $75 purchase, $5 RewardsRUs certificates for each $150. There was also a coupon at the time for another 20% off.

Week 2: Free LEGO Halloween bucket. Free calvary colonel fig. There was also a coupon around this time for $10 off $50.

Week 3: BOGO 50% Atlantis, City, Duplo, Hero Factory, Kingdoms, Prince of Persia, Technic, Toy Story, and World Racers. Free fire chief fig. There was also a coupon for $5 off $50 (excluding Star Wars and Harry Potter).

Week 4: 25% off Rebel battle pack, Snowtrooper battle pack, Plo Kloon fighter, and Emperor Shuttle. Most other sets at 10% off. Free Black Falcon fig. Free brick bucket with $50 purchase.
  • snowconesnowcone Member Posts: 16
    None of the construction sets on sale this week??? *very disappointed*

Does it worth to buy something to just get the retro minifig??
    ^^--- Yeah, you are right.. not much to HOOT about in this sale, but like @brickupdate says, it will be good to take a break.. although as of this post Amazon still has Falcons for $105....
  • AScaryOctopusAScaryOctopus Member Posts: 57
    Okay good, I wasn't planning on buying any this week (Only sales on games?!?), so I am not missing out on any good sales (Got the Fire Temple yesterday, it was the last one they had!). I am hoping that for the last week they will release their Black Pearls and have a good sale on them.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 807
    Check the rewards r us page too. There is an ad that says you can earn LEGO dollars for TRU depending on how much you spend there on LEGO this month. I believe you can earn $5 for spending $100 and $10 for spending $150.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,207
    ^ Listed as Note 4 in the Brickset article :o)
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    In Canada we have 20% off all technic and ninjago, 30% off all Cars2 and a free atlantis polybag with purchase over 35$ as well as the forestman magnet.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 807
    ^^Sorry Yellowcastle. I know that the US deal reporting is your specialty. Didn't mean to overstep. Didn't see the LEGO dollars mentioned on the forum. Just trying to share the info. The main site and the forum are almost like 2 different sites altogether. If it isn't mentioned in the discussions then someone might bring it up just as I did without reading the main site before hand.
    Maintaining synergy between the main site and the forum will likely always be a struggle. I am sure im not the only one who finds himself/herself on the forum more than the main site at times.

As for the LEGO bucks, I guess I will believe it when i see it as TRU has these interesting rules on their Rewards program such as only receiving half credit if the sets were on sale, etc. So i have no idea what the real buying goals are for this $5 or $10 certificate. Knowing them, the $10 probably comes as two $5 certificates that cant be used concurrently. And I will be honest, i missed the deadline for 3 of my past 4 Reward Bucks. :o(
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    Sorry to continue with the off-topic, but... For me personally, I don't find any conflict between the main site and forum as I only have the mainsite bookmarked - thus, I have to visit the main site to get to the forum. Simple, but effective.

As for the LEGO dollars offer ($5/$100 or $10/$150) which runs through till October 31 ... I assume it is for cumulative purchases? Or is it per single purchase for the given amounts? If it's per single purchase I'm out of luck, but if it's cumulative I'm home safe!
    ^^ Same here Yellowcastle, what I find annoying is the deadline they put of the rewards points... you should be allow to save them up for one big purchase.. I do not think it would hurt Toysrus if they did this.. One way or anthor they are getting their money.
  • brickingbricking LAMember Posts: 57
    I managed to get to the Rod "Torque" Redline event with my daughter. We were running late and arrived 3:30 but there were still plenty of pieces. (I resisted the urge to take enough pieces to build a second one.) Then we went in search of the 2260: Ice Dragon Attack so I could claim my free minifig! I think I got the last one in the shop because it turned into a real mission getting sent from one cashier to another to see if anybody had one. (I was a little worried because the ice dragon is $19.99 rather than $20 but it wasn't mentioned).

I'm really trying to interest my daughter (she's 5) without resorting to pink! The dragon was a bit beyond her but she loved the finished result, & she loves the 2 minifigs. I don't really get the whole ninjago thing but the dragons are awesome. The wings blow me away.
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 476
    I stopped at the Rod "Torque" Redline event yesterday on my way home. I grabbed pieces for two (one for my 3 year-old daughter, which she was able to build herself when I got home with me just helping tell her where to put them just a little bit). On my way home though a thought came to me...as of 4 PM they had a LOT of pieces left for the builds. It was 5 PM and I called the store to ask what they were doing with the left over pieces...I was told they were already in the trash! I was so devastated. I was also told that LEGO requires them to throw all extra pieces away. What a waste!
    ^^ $19.99 would indeed not qualify for the minifigure magnet. They must have not scanned it.