Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] Barnes and Noble BOGO50% on LEGO

Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
edited October 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
I just got the email for the BOGO50% . The sale is only for three days .... 10/12 till 10/14. There is also a 20% off one item Friends and Family coupon running at the sametime that ends on 10/14. The online code for the 20% off coupon is "FRIENDFAM"

Comments

• red237red237 Member Posts: 301
    edited October 2013
    Hi. I saw that too. I followed the link, selected LEGO and only a few eligible items actually popped up in addition to architecture sets. Some of the items had inflated retails (3rd party I guess). I tested it by putting some of the reg $ sets in the cart and friendsnfam does not work on them (which is typical), though we can't test the BOGO until tomorrow. Definitely one for the BM store!
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 476
    from the email: "Simply look for the Buy One Get One message icon or sign on select Toys & Games products." So online certain toys will have a qualifying icon;in store certain products will have a sign that it qualifies. We will see tomorrow if any LEGO is part of the promotion...in the meantime the 20% + 10% member discount is not bad.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    edited October 2013
    Lego is almost always disqualified from B&N online coupons, but a printed coupon works in store. One of these might be it:
    http://www.retailmenot.com/view/barnesandnoble.com
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    This is a fantastic combo. Hopefully the 30% off can come off of the regular price item. But this is a great opp to pick up a couple of sets . . .
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Does the BOGO50 need a coupon in store or is it just a open promotion?
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited October 2013
    fyi-online code for 20% off is FRIENDNFAM not FRIENDFAM. Or 706191 at store.

and @graphite, I don't see a coupon for the BOGO in my email.

• Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    I have never bought anything from the online site. The prices always eeemed alot higher then the actual store prices. The last time I saw all of these promotions line up like this everything stacked and all LEGO was eligible in the store. Hopefully this is the same case.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,673
    Last time I use that promo, it was 28% on the most expensive set (10%+20%) and 50% on the least. In store nothing was excluded not even #21050. My closest two stores do not carry #31313, but I just noticed a couple do around me, I will try it...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,174
    According to the sale details it is supposed to be marked for the product somehow, but considering anything that looks interesting to get for a BOGO50 is excluded Im guessing this is a wild goose chase
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 725
    ^The son of wild TRU chase?
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^^ Which reminds me that I've seen the "BOGO50" sticker on a Lego set at B&N before (which they left on there even after the sale was over).
    At the last BOGO event I went (2-3 months ago I think), there was no stickers, when I asked, I was told it applied to any sets. At that time I picked a couple of retired Ninjago and Castle/Kingdom sets that the store was still carrying.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 738
    Last time (Easter) there WASN'T a coupon...never seen one before for a BOGO circumstances at Barnes and Noble. But the BOGO plus the 10% member savings isn't bad. At least you don't have to worry about TRU inflated prices with their sales.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    Online, the sale is very selective. Some Lego sets are included, but nothing that I saw that made me make a purchase. It's difficult to see what is part of the sale at first, but using this link helped:
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?PRO=2197&store=toys&view=grid
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,174
    edited October 2013
    Of course there may be good deals at a physical store, this is if you HAVE a physical B&N store near you.. kinda hard to find in my area.
    The online store is a waste of time for this sale IMO.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    edited October 2013
    Has anyone checked to see if the coupon stacks with the BOGO?
  • clickdastardlyclickdastardly United StatesMember Posts: 14
    edited October 2013
    Rainstorm26 ---
    I was able to apply to 20% coupon to one of the Lego items, even though it was also part of the BOGO50% off. The next item on my receipt was then 50% off.

LEGO Chima Razcal's Glider 70000
    (1 @ 11.95) Buy 1 Get 1 for 50% Off
    (1 @ 11.95) Member Card 10% (1.20)
    (1 @ 10.75) Item Cpn 20% (2.15)
    (1 @ 8.60) 8.60
    LEGO Star Wars TIE Bomber & Asteroid Fie
    (1 @ 10.95) Member Card 10% (1.10)
    (1 @ 9.85) Buy 1 Get 1 for 50% Off(4.93)
    (1 @ 4.92) 4.92
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Yep, confirmed here (Indianapolis) as well. Member 10% off, 20% off one item, and BOGO 50% all stacked. No Mindstorms to be found unfortunately.
  • xeeeejxeeeej Member Posts: 71
    Is the sale in store all Lego, or only certain sets?
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    All the LEGO sets at the store I went to in Metairie were BOGO50%....and yes everything stacked.
  • fizicystfizicyst Member Posts: 72
    The in store sale seems to be for most sets. I know from past experience and from the person in front of me that it doesn't work on Architecture sets. She also had a Minecraft set and the manager said that Architecture, Minecraft and Mindstorms were excluded as "adult" items and not were not considered toys. My store had two Mindstorms sets, but I didn't try...my wife was already ticked at how much I have spent on lego.
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    Do the coupons stack online BOGO and FRIENDSNFAM? You have to go pretty far in the checkout process and I could not tell. Thanks,
    fizicyst said:

The in store sale seems to be for most sets. I know from past experience and from the person in front of me that it doesn't work on Architecture sets. She also had a Minecraft set and the manager said that Architecture, Minecraft and Mindstorms were excluded as "adult" items and not were not considered toys. My store had two Mindstorms sets, but I didn't try...my wife was already ticked at how much I have spent on lego.

Some of these stores need to figure out their own sales between marketing and sales. This B&N sale is for "educational toys" acording to all the signs. Architecture and mindstorms are pretty much the only Lego sets that actually fit that category yet they are excluded.
    edited October 2013
    Got a Mindstorm #31313, 20% coupon, BOGO and member discount stacked, they only had one in store, they will ship the second one.
    sidersddhleonffu
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 301
    Architecture sets are BOGO online, but not int he store, which i know from experience today. Also, online my 20% stacked with the BOGO. I used it for the master builder sets, although they are listed as LEGO Mastermind. Also, the online coupon FRIENDNFAM is NOT member specific so anyone with a different address can stack these too.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    Coupons definitely stack. Keep on mind also 10% off on the 50% off item. Walked out with the new republic frigate (or whatever it is called) and the creator house that lights up. The creator house was free and saved an additional 5% or so on the larger item when all was said and done.
    Coupon did not stack for me at 2 of the local BNs, but did at another 2. Was told "you can get either, but not both" at the former, whereas at the latter the cashier simply scanned them without questions.

So at least in SoCal, it's YMMV. If you can convince them to scan it, it should work.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 738
    It seems to be YMMV. I went to get a few of the new Friends sets because my B & N doesn't carry hardly anything(no Minecraft, Technic, Mindstorms..still looking to get rid of MF and old City stuff). There were signs posted everywhere on the Architecture displays saying that these are "Adult oriented items and not considered toys" so they weren't part of the BOGO sale. I still ended up walking out with nothing because I had to argue with the lady behind the counter that the Friends Legos were part of the BOGO sale. She finally got the store manager that said "yes, they were part of the BOGO sale" but then wouldn't use the 20% coupon and still over charged me by $15 on the sale because she had to type in the "correct" totals. Which she obviously screwed up. I just told her to cancel it. She then suggested I go thru the Customer Service desk first to the right prices. I had enough and just left.
    ^ It is always amazing how some stores handle things properly and some don't. I spent about 30 minutes mulling over the stuff at B&N but there was so much that was marked up just enough to not make it worth it. Ended up grabbing the two Heartlake High sets they had for the parts.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Where can I find the 20% off coupon?
    edited October 2013
    ^4th post on this thread had a link. Good luck,
  • chromedigichromedigi Member Posts: 344
    I wasted quite a lot of time between two stores last night hassling with Customer Service reps about this. In the first one I was told "we were told that LEGO isn't part of the BOGO," which I knew to be false. At the second one, I managed to figure out that they were being confused by the fact that they're running two promotions concurrently - one is the "Educational Toys" promotion that interests us, and the other is the "Educator's" discount. Most of these people are pretty oblivious to LEGO, and thus very much at sea when you try to work with them. After we got that wrinkle worked out, the CS rep at the second store was telling me I couldn't stack the discounts. But since nothing really good was in stock there, or in virtually any store within a 3-hour drive of here, it didn't matter what her opinion was, anyway. I did finally locate a couple of copies of a worthy purchase in a store about an hour and a half from here. They're being held for me, and we'll see whether I just end up burning gas for no good reason today. Maybe I'll hit some discount chains and score some clones instead.
    chromedigi, there were some comments that the stacked coupon and membership can be used online but I did not have much luck with it. During checkout it said the FRIENDSNFAM coupon was invalid with the BOGO. That is quite a trip even for a worthy purchase. Good luck!
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    @chromedigi By and large, talking to people is an abysmal waste of time. Collect items, proceed to register, give coupon and membership, leave smiling.
    ^^^ My suggestion would be to ask them to "scan" it the next time. If the computers said it's OK, then I assume they would be less inclined to believe what they were "told" :).
    Thanks for that @legogregors. I went into the local store and came out with a couple of big SW sets for a good chunk off. The new Gunship and Sail Barge after stacking 10% Member, 20% Coupon and BOGO50% for a combined total of $140 plus tax. Which works out to an effective 41.6% off. Made my day :)
    margothoyatablesthenosChang405rocao
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 438
    Very nice scores. Wish my store had mindstorms.

By and large, talking to people is an abysmal waste of time. Collect items, proceed to register, give coupon and membership, leave smiling.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. The problem at the time was that what I wanted wasn't present in the store, so I was trying to wangle an in-store order to be delivered to the store and picked up by me, and still manage to use the three stacked discounts.

The story does have a happy ending, in that I found an out-of-state store with them in stock, got them to hold for me last night, drove out today, and made the score. The stupendous savings made the gas expenditure more than worth it, and I also conducted a tour of about a dozen discount stores in my travels, massively compounding the fun.
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 476
    I had no problems...did it twice actually, once yesterday and once today. Today I got two Uruk Hai army sets for $35.03. Staff was not sure it would work, but ran it through the computer and no issues.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 808
    Saved up enough Coke points and scored 2 BN $20 gift cards so I got the new cargo truck and City starter pack (fire truck/ambulance/police cycle set for $15.
  • lukfilmlukfilm Member Posts: 1
    B&N.com just removed ALL Lego sets from their BOGO50 sale.
    ^ This is why people should be more circumspect when discussing these things.

Where can I find the 20% off coupon?

Did you get the coupon for instore? I just used it today, was worried because I already used it a few days ago on a book, but it worked again. Gunship and Sail Barge for around $147 total.

http://instore.thread.co/retailmenot/barnesandnoble.com/offer/6DS3CL3ORNAW5JU7UPBL4B5LXY

^The one I used was emailed to me by B&N, so not sure if its the same as the 'retailmenot' coupon above. Will give it a try again today.
    edited October 2013
    Yes, it is the same. I deleted my email so had to find it online.
  • coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    edited October 2013
    Removed the BOGO50 online only or both online and in-store?
    online only, at the store it is still stacking bonanza... can't believe this time the 50% off stacks with the 10% for members, it didn't 3 months ago...
  • coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    ^ thanks for the info! Scored some on saturday and was planning to get more today at my local store.
  • galahad2309galahad2309 Member Posts: 33
    I have to stop looking at this thread. There is a gunship and sailbarge calling my name... Must resist!
    margot
    Scored again @Margot, this time it was the AT-TE and Jek-14 SF. Even though Jek was marked up by $5 over RRP, still got a smashing deal after all the stacking. Both for a combined total of $98.48 which works out to 38.5% off proper RRP. This has been a tasty buffet of savings. Think I'll go back for one more plate today before its over.