Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Building LEGO with Gloves?

2»

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    Laziter said:

^ What are you talking about? You can buy gloves that you can hardly feel on your hands. The gloves I use are perfect for fine use. I've even used them when I was working with electronics, never had any issues.

The point was not to use fine gloves, but big bulky gloves to make it hard to build on purpose.

A 4 year old can't build and handle parts the way we do, so it helps you experience what a kid experiences.

I think it is a really cool idea actually.
  • StompingFreakStompingFreak United KingdomMember Posts: 59
    I wash my hands before I build. Thats about it.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,523
    Has anyone ever seen the snake door (part 6177pb12) from the Year of the Snake (#10250) with the LEGO writing on the studs in the same orientation as the door print itself?

I now have examples of upside-down, and 90 degrees to the left and 90 degrees to the right, but never the "right way up".
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,312
    ^ Interesting... I have the set but haven't built it yet; I wasn't going to, but on the way home from Shanghai I guess the suitcase smushed a little more than I thought it could and the box is all dented (it's a hardbox suitcase). So I'm considering opening up the bricks now. My fault, I should have packed it on the other side of the suitcase, but I honestly thought I had packed it well!

I shall update you when I do, probably sometime in the beginning of Nov (after my extended dissertation proposal has been handed in!)
    Open it now and write a dissertation on the orientation of studs in part 6177pb12. :-)
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,308
    Huw said:

I used to get terribly dry hands but now I use this stuff, which leaves your hands lovely and soft :-)

Antibacterial soap is really bad stuff.

"When a bacterial population is placed under a stressor—such as an antibacterial chemical—a small subpopulation armed with special defense mechanisms can develop. These lineages survive and reproduce as their weaker relatives perish. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is the governing maxim here, as antibacterial chemicals select for bacteria that endure their presence."
  • tedwardtedward CanadaMember Posts: 163

A 4 year old can't build and handle parts the way we do, so it helps you experience what a kid experiences.

In a talk by a LEGO employee at BrickCon many years ago (I think it was Bjarke from quality control) he described one of the way they tested models was to make adults put on gloves and try to assemble the proposed set. The idea was to limit the fine motor skills to something approaching the target age for the model.
    Whisky is more fun, with a similar effect.
    vitreolummargotLegoMom1khmellymelTrenth
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 651
    CCC said:

Whisky is more fun, with a similar effect.

Hah! So does whiskey + gloves = Duplo Set tester? ;)