Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target: Buy one, Get One 30% off plus free $10 GC on $75+ purchase

kinickikinicki Member Posts: 2
edited October 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
Target is running a sale on all lego that's buy one get one 30% off. Plus today only you can get a $10 Target Gift card if you spend $75+. I was able to get a the minecraft sets and lego advent calendars at a really great price.

Link to lego:
http://www.target.com/c/toys/-/N-5xtb0/Ntk-All/Ntt-lego/Ntx-matchallpartial+rel+ALL#?lnk=lnav_narrow by category_1

Link to GC deal:
http://www.target.com/c/cyber-monday/-/N-5q0f1#?lnk=Other_HP_093013_ESPOT-0|ESPOT-0|T:HP_093013|C:&intc=1333117|null
margotChang405BrickDanceradol7TheLoneTensor

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Thanks!
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668
    4440 Forest Police Station is pretty cheap if you do a BOGO. It's unmarked, but the listing is $21 under MSRP to begin with, plus 15% off and a $10 gift card and free shipping. Looking through to see if there's anything else worth it.

Tie Fighters end up about $35 each if you BOGO. 60014 Coast Guard Patrol ends up around $50 each 9515 Malevolence is about $30 off.

Everything past page 6 isn't available online.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,933
    edited September 2013
    The Constitution Train chase is on sale for 82 per, and works out to be about 71 per (before tax) if you buy two with the BOG30
    Not terrible if you are looking for them right now IMO
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    Did you see Gandalf Arrives? Only $19.09. Took a page from TRU on that one. :)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Thanks a lot for tagging us on this sale @kinicki!

Noticed the Rancor Pit is already about 25% off, so picked that and the BttF Delorean for a hefty saving of about $35 off (37% overall compared to RRP) of $95 with Free Shipping using Red Card. Excellent savings on these two sets compared to buying direct from Lego B&M or [email protected]
    Pitfall69
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,423
    For sure. I ordered 4 Rancor Pits and 2 BTTF's along with 2 Constitution Chases.

My only concern is the condition of the boxes. Last year almost every set I got from Target was crushed or even worse :(
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Thanks for the head up! I had a Pharmacy rewards coupon to use as well as the Red Card Discount! Yea!
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    @madforLEGO - Actually, the Constitution Train chase works out to be a bit more for me since I don't have a Target red card. They also add on $10 for shipping and handling for that particular set. With taxes and shipping, mine comes out to be roughly $77 per set (not including my personal CC incentives). All in all, still the best deal I've seen thus far for a set I wanted anyway.
    margot
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329

@madforLEGO - Actually, the Constitution Train chase works out to be a bit more for me since I don't have a Target red card. They also add on $10 for shipping and handling for that particular set. With taxes and shipping, mine comes out to be roughly $77 per set (not including my personal CC incentives). All in all, still the best deal I've seen thus far for a set I wanted anyway.

All the more reason to get one! The Debit Redcard does not cost anything. It just links to your current debit account. :)
    ^I thought I saw annual fees listed for the debit card route? But yes, today's deal got me started on a Red Card CC for the sake of 5% off all Target purchases and free shipping to boot.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^ Nope, the Target RedCard is free, debit or credit, makes no difference.

Of course they do it to track you and to market to you, but hey, they'll do that anyway. For 5% and free shipping, I'll take that deal. :)
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    And, if you have a Target B&M near you, and you fill prescriptions there, a pharmacy card will net you an additional 5% once you fill 5 prescriptions. Recently, it's been a 5% day in store (multiple stores/all purchases in one day) AND 5% off a single online order.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited September 2013
    Lego apparently rules over Target. None of the golden exclusives are part of the BOGO sale.

But, you do still get the $10 gift card, which is a little (very little) loophole.

^ Nope, the Target RedCard is free, debit or credit, makes no difference.

Then what's the box chart for "Target Debit Card Fees" showing ranging from $20 up to $40? Example:

$40 = DE, FL (if EFT amount is greater than $300), MS
    $35 = CA (except for first return), MD, VA
    $30 = AL, AK, FL (if EFT amount is $50.01-$300), GA, IA, KS, MN, MT, OH, SC, SD, TN, TX, WY
    $25 = AZ, AR, CA (first return only), DC, FL (if EFT amount is less than $50), IL, KY, LA, ME, MA, MI, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OK, OR, RI, VT, WA, WV, WI
    $20 = CO, CT, HI, ID, IN, NY, PA, UT

http://www.target.com/redcard/application
    ^ Those fees are if your payment is rejected by your bank.

Returned "check" fees, so to speak.
    BTW, I agree it isn't clear, but that is what those are. I use my RedCard debt card a lot, and they don't charge a penny.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    It is not very clear, but those fees are charged for insufficient funds. You'll notice it mentions the EFT amount and "return". It is not an annual fee.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Discovercard may be the better option if what you are buying has free shipping anyway. 6% off total vs 5%. That and my discovercard limit is 40 times my redcard lol.
    ^^^, ^^, ^ Thanks for clarifying on it guys!
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,423
    I wonder if EFT fees are less than LFT fees ;)
  • LegoManiaccLegoManiacc Member Posts: 116
    LFT fees really aren't bad if you read the fine print, but the fine print is 700 pages long, single spaced and 8 pt font. 205 pages are on videogames, 441 on politics, 53 on guns and 1 is the actual fee related stuff.
    Pitfall69LegoFanTexasYellowcastle
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    They are charging me $10 extra. I put two items in my cart and the subtotal jumps up $10 then they take off the 30%. I don't understand what is going on.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ It's important to first pass the LFT bill so that we can then read and understand what's in it.
    LegoFanTexasFollowsClosely
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    I found out they charge you for the gift card then take it way. Must be for tax purposes.
  • SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    So tempted... Turtles Lair and Geonosis Battle...
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    BttF Delorean OOS :( missed it
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    iancam33 said:

They are charging me $10 extra. I put two items in my cart and the subtotal jumps up $10 then they take off the 30%. I don't understand what is going on.

They are adding the $10 gift card to your cart then removing it with the discount.
    This was a hell of a deal on some sets I wanted, thank @kinicki
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited October 2013
    I would have done more damage to my wallet, but Target is playing the Lego game with the exclusive sets. Oh well, their loss...
  • NellyNelly Member Posts: 77
    This made my Monday a great day. Thanks for sharing!

I would have done more damage to my wallet, but Target is playing the Lego game with the exclusive sets. Oh well, their loss...

Yes... last year Target was the source of $250 Super Star Destroyers, so clearly they are playing along with TLG's wishes.
    FollowsClosely

Exactly right. I picked up some good sets, but would have picked up more had the exclusives been included.
    edited October 2013
    I have $1000+ to spend right now on my personal list of Lego exclusive set needs. Too bad TLG isn't interested. Perhaps vendors from my other hobbies are...
    chromedigi
    FYI, as it stands, Target's shipping still sucks. 1/4 of my sets ordered are in a must-return condition.
    Pitfall69
    edited October 2013
    ^For once I received my order (two Constitution Trains) in good condition. I must admit, it was a bit shocking considering my track history with shipped sets...from anywhere on this planet.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    It's about 8 pm here, well past quitting time, I'm still waiting on four boxes, and I know the dude always stacks all of them to carry and the bottom ones always get pancaked. At this point I'll be amazed if he doesn't just chuck 'em out the door without even stopping. FedEx backs in the driveway every time, why does UPS insist on staying on the road? I feel bad for him though, I know he's run like a dog.
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 723
    They also charged my credit card with two transactions; one for $10 and one for my invoice total minus $10. I imagine this generates a lot of phone calls to their customer service "Why did you charge me for the *free* gift card?"
    ^Mine did the same thing. The math works out, but two charges does confuse the situation.
    klatu003 said:

They also charged my credit card with two transactions; one for $10 and one for my invoice total minus $10. I imagine this generates a lot of phone calls to their customer service "Why did you charge me for the *free* gift card?"

Because people don't bother to read anything...

It actually was spelled out quite clearly on the web site that the gift card would be charged for and the $10 discount provided on the order. It even gives the reason, so that you can return the items if you want without having to get the gift card back, in case you've given it to someone already or used it.

It also says that you can return the gift card as well for the $10 back, if you return everything.
    spicemindPitfall69
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,265
    ^ Makes sense. Then you don't have to worry about having any problems with people returning the stuff and keeping the card. This way they've "paid" for the card and would only get back the price of the stuff.
    LegoFanTexasPitfall69
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,669
    This is a bit off topic, but somehow related to this thread.
    When I shop to target.com, I use a cash back site (I only use it for sites where Brickset does not have a affiliate program).
    Last August, I bought a set at target.com, had a 4% cash back, however I ended up returning the set at a store (no exchange, they put the money back to my red card). To my surprise, to this day the cash back money is still there for that purchase...
    ^ Yes, that could well be abused, but I suspect that the total amount applied against returns is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

Also, if you did enough to make it worthwhile, you might find Target not wanting to sell to you anymore, they do ban buyers who return too much (as do all large retailers)