Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Shop Minifigure Polybag (US only at present)

Tormentalous18Tormentalous18 Member Posts: 29
edited October 2013 in Collecting

LEGO is promoting their new mobile site and are sending one as a thank you with [email protected] orders. No word on how much was spent though.

thebrickfan.com/lego-shop-minifigure-polybag-5001622-details/
margot

Comments

• GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    Hopefully this will last until October when I can make a double VIP order online.
  • coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    It seems that the conditions are: you visited and bought something at a local lego store recently, plus purchased something using their new mobile site, instead of the regular desktop one. And you probably need to be VIP too, so they can put together these two conditions.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,258
    Oh boy, Valentines all over again!
    yys4u
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    What if you buy from the mobile site while in a local store?
  • Tormentalous18Tormentalous18 Member Posts: 29
    @coolpix If one of the conditions was to buy something from the mobile site, how did the user able to get it because he mentions in another post that he purchased from the desktop?
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    You could get served the mobile site on a desktop if you know how they're doing mobile device detection. Probably just using browser user agent string or something which is trivial to change in most browsers if you Google it.
  • jon_kjon_k UKMember Posts: 232
    just spoke to one of the managers of one of the retail outlets and they don`t stock them , or included them in sales
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,911
    It seems strange that they promote an online store where customers don't see the staff with a shop assistant minifig, yet the shops do not have them.
    beemo
  • jon_kjon_k UKMember Posts: 232
    its a bit annoying to say the least as i prefer the face to face dealings with store staff who always keep me up to speed on whats due in, thankfully i wont be missing out on the thanks giving poly as the store have them in stock for the 1st oct
    joel4motioniso3200LostInTranslation
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    Reading like you have to use the app, its is just a way to promote it. Doesn't sound like you had to purchase anything in store as well. Just a basic [email protected] order. Now if there is some sort of minimum purchase, hard to say as he bought the Winter Market.
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    ^don't have to use the app
  • stevenzhangstevenzhang Member Posts: 493
    edited September 2013
    what is the name of the app? anyone find it successfully?
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 725
    I received this email from Lego.com "Go mobile with the Official LEGO® Shop!" a few days ago and deleted it. If you follow Brickset, the official emails are ho-hum-already-knew-that. After seeing the posted news here, I pulled it out of the bit-bucket and clicked the link and opened my VIP account. The address was appended with:
    RMID=SAH_2013_09_23_MobileLaunch_NA&openVipOptIn=true

So, I pulled the trigger on an order that I had been considering, that just exceeded the free ship price. So, now in 3-8 business days, we shall see if this guy shows up. Nothing indicated in the shopping cart ala the usual bonuses.

Decided to call Lego customer service. Asked if the guy would be in my order, or if it was only for mobile orders. Answer, yes the minifig will be thrown in the box for all [email protected] orders. Asked if there was a dollar threshold, answer none. Didn't ask how long the promo lasts, or how many they had to give out.

The mobile app is accessed by going to Lego.com on a mobile device's browser. It formats to the smaller screen.

• Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    Thank you for that info, klatu003! I placed a [email protected] order on Tuesday before seeing anything about this figure being included with orders, so this will be a wonderful surprise if I do get one.
    I cannot see clearly on my phone screen, but has that Lego worker stolen the trendsetter's phone?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ It wasn't stolen. It just must be an iPhone. Everyone who thinks they are "trendy" or guys with hair like this Lego worker always have iPhones =)
    Pitfall69
    I did not seen the mobile site when I use my iphone to access lego.com....Why is that?
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^shop.lego.com?
  • dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    He didn't steal the phone. He found it on the shelf.

I did not seen the mobile site when I use my iphone to access lego.com....Why is that?

I don't see it either, maybe it is a US - UK thing.

• LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    I have the mobile site on my galaxy and am in the UK.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,059
    ^^
    I had to click on the Shop link on the main menu to get it working
    edited September 2013
    I did click the shop link on the main menu, but it still does not work... probably it is indeed a US - UK thing.
  • mobilelinkagemobilelinkage Member Posts: 49
    Trying to open www.lego.com from my iphone 5 Safari. It showed me the regular Lego.com site but not the mobile site. Guess the mobile site is either not for iphone?
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,059
    iPhone 5 Safari here and I can see it fine. Weird? I'm in uk

Try http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/
    Guess the mobile site is not available everywhere.
    United Kingdom - Yes
    United States - Yes
    Canada - No

Didn't check the others as yet.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145
    I just go to shop.lego.com and on the Iphone 5 and it takes you right to the new site. Made a purchase last night so will report back with anything received next week.
    jon_k
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    I just made an order through the French mobile site (literally just the Stunt Plane) to see if I will get one. If I don't, I guess it's not a big deal, I'll still have a nice little plane to build.

But does anyone know if this is US only, or is it worldwide?
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    edited September 2013
    ^I just went to shop.lego.com on my semi-smart phone and I was able to get to the site. Since my screen is small, I can't see the entire page at one time, but still I was able to shop. Just to try it out, I put the Robie House in my cart and hit check out. The next page told me I had 199 VIP points added to my order as well as the VW mini camper promo, (another thread said this promo is now gone from [email protected], but there were 2 items in my bag, and this was one of them). Oddly enough though, the price came up as 1999,00 kr (I live in the US). I continued to the next page and it asked me to login and checkout, so it seems that this works, but with the wrong currency for my country. That's where I stopped as I was only testing this new feature and not going to purchase at this time. I live in the US, so I would expect dollars, not kroner.(?)
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 476
    ^ It is all part of TLGs master plan. First they stop discounts on exclusives, then they force everyone to pay for everything in kroner. It is easier for their bookkeeping that way. No messy currency conversions. :P
    LegoMom1LegoboymadforLEGOGothamConstructionCoLegoKip
    Interesting about the VW camper promo. I just did a trial shop on my laptop for the Robie House and did not get the promo added to my cart. Seems that these [email protected] sites are separate and/or the promo is gone from the original [email protected] site but still may be available on the mobile site(?).

P.S. Laptop site gave my price in dollars as usual.
  • BrewBrew New Mexico (It's an actual state in the US)Member Posts: 182
    I ordered DeLorean and Winter Village Market last Friday. I got the email about the mobile site on Monday. Shipment arrived yesterday with mini VW and Lego shop minifig. I wasn't expecting the fig at all... but I was thrilled. I did order through VIP login and although there is no Lego store within several hundred miles, I did buy a few things at a store in LA in early August.

Just a data point for you...
    LegoMom1klatu003
    Brew said:

I ordered DeLorean and Winter Village Market last Friday. I got the email about the mobile site on Monday. Shipment arrived yesterday with mini VW and Lego shop minifig. I wasn't expecting the fig at all... but I was thrilled. I did order through VIP login and although there is no Lego store within several hundred miles, I did buy a few things at a store in LA in early August.

Did you order from the mobile site or the from your desktop?

@Brew said: I ordered DeLorean and Winter Village Market last Friday. I got the email about the mobile site on Monday. Shipment arrived yesterday with mini VW and Lego shop minifig. I wasn't expecting the fig at all... but I was thrilled.

With all the complaining going on in other threads, either wanting more promos than the stated limit, or many complaining that the multiples they managed to get weren't enough, it's nice to hear that someone here is thrilled with what he got. Thanks Brew for the good news!
    madforLEGOklatu003carlqLegoboybeemo
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited September 2013
    Like @LegoMom1, I ordered the DeLorean and some series 11 CMFs and received the complimentary MF from Lego [email protected] I just used the online website via my PC...I didn't order through a phone...I did use my VIP account as well. FYI.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited September 2013
    ^^Some folks can't help but holler out foul when getting shafted. Others get shafted and smile all the while. Brownie points and a pat on the back for those smiling and enjoying their goulash.
    Pitfall69carlqdougts
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    I'm just happy if I get a mint box. Unless my box is completely trashed, I just say "Thanks. Just what I ordered." As far as promotional minifigures and sets go, that is just icing on the cake for me :)
    LegobutterflyLegoboyprincedravenbeemo
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 476
    My order arrived this morning, which included the store minifig. I ordered on 9/20 through [email protected] and had never been to the mobile website.
  • BrewBrew New Mexico (It's an actual state in the US)Member Posts: 182

Brew said:

Did you order from the mobile site or the from your desktop?

I didn't even know about the existence of the mobile site until after I placed the order, so it must have been the desktop site. I did get a message saying that the order system was being modified which may lead to delays in shipment. However my order arrived promptly.

@LegoMom1 Thanks for the comments. I really don't have much to complain about and have been surprised several times with extra stuff with my orders. I did get a VIP keychain and several Speedorz which my kids will love when they are old enough.
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    edited September 2013
    My wife ordered a Haunted House online a couple days ago and it arrived today and the Minifig was packed inside a special yellow envelope...
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,698
    So to get the "Lego Shop Minigfigure" you have to make an online purchase, when does this offer end?
  • iBartiBart Member Posts: 121
    Can you write in what country were your orders placed?

I'm wondering if it's only available in countries with LEGO Shops (just like holiday promo).
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 503
    ^ Yes would be useful to know which countries.

I suspect only US customers looking at the names above.

I have ordered via the new website and my item is shipped, so shall inform the forum if I get a LEGO shop minifigure.

Nothing on my invoice, but I think this is like others above.

I am UK based.
  • iBartiBart Member Posts: 121
    I guess if UK is getting this promo, the rest of countries with local LEGO Shops will get minifig too.

The question is about the other countries...
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    ^ The other countries won't as usual.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    Interesting to see how common these are as more pop up. So far Bricklink only show about 7 available (4 sold) for about $25 ea.

This seems like the Chima starter give away.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    The VW van seems to have disappeared from [email protected] in the UK too.

I now have an order set up, so now I only want to order if I am getting the minifig promo, otherwise I may as well wait for double points or next promotion in October... what to do?!?
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited September 2013
    @luckyruss - I hear you...same dilemma.
    @luckyruss and @Farmer_John- I think most of us agree with that line of thinking. :)