Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] TRU BOGO 50% Off ALL* LEGO

2»

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,531
    I would say to anyone that thinks TRUs deals are good, first check Amazon, or even LEGO, and see what the prices are there.
    I cannot tell you how many times I thought I was going to get a good deal at TRU (this was some time ago when TRU first started their shell game with discounts, 'sales', and BOGO50) until I checked Amazon.
    The exception to this is the TRU exclusives, but usually you will get the same if not better deal via LEGO (as you get the VIP points which do not have a 30 days expiration like the TRU 'rewards' points still apparently do).

I really have to wonder how TRU maintains, when anyone with two neurons to rub together can figure out that they'll do better elsewhere.

Ignorance is bliss, and there are some very blissful people out there.
    FollowsClosely
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,678
    Had an hour to kill and I was close to a new TRU, went there without much hope as I had a $5 coupon for a $25 purchase (local coupon for a new store). Was able for get #60014 BOGO at $64.99 for a total after coupon of $92.48+tx and that without factoring the 10% Back Promotion. Had been a while since I got 42+% off RRP at TRU...
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    The Unimog and Mobile Crane are available again to grab online right now. At $177 each, It's probably the best deal to be had on these two sets.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,272

I really have to wonder how TRU maintains, when anyone with two neurons to rub together can figure out that they'll do better elsewhere.

Well this is where you're probably wrong. I've told people at TRU with sets in their hands that they are cheaper at the WM or Target (both < 1/4 mile from TRU) and they go "really?" and I walk off just to see them in line a few minutes later. It is either laziness, or they just don't care that they are wasting money. Always boggles my mind.

• nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    tensor said:

The Unimog and Mobile Crane are available again to grab online right now. At $177 each, It's probably the best deal to be had on these two sets.

For me (in California), tax is 8%. I'd pay $191 for each one. My guess is that folks will be able to buy either one a bit cheaper shipped from one of the various European Amazon sites at some point. I bought the Unimog from Amazon.fr for around $160 shipped last year sometime. $177 is still halfway decent though, especially since TRU and Lego direct are the only US retailers of Technic.
  • JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    Crane is limited to one per customer.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, that's why I wrote Unimog and Mobile Crane.

Unimogs are limit of 2, however.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    edited September 2013
    graphite said:

Well this is where you're probably wrong. I've told people at TRU with sets in their hands that they are cheaper at the WM or Target (both < 1/4 mile from TRU) and they go "really?" and I walk off just to see them in line a few minutes later. It is either laziness, or they just don't care that they are wasting money. Always boggles my mind.

You can ask for a price match....
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    ^mrseatle said: You can ask for a price match....

Well of course you can ask, but will they give it?
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    edited September 2013
    In the US they price match for Wal Mart, Target, Amazon, and a few others. They can look it up on their computer at guest service if they don't believe you. If its more than a certain amount they need manager approval.

I doubt they price match on clearence items, and there may be some exceptions. Like no coupons on price match items and no layaway for price match items.

That way you get the best price and get TRU reward dollars!

I always stock up on minifigs during these Bogo's but i just went back for more Kraang polys and 1 kragger swamp jet. They still had plenty of Lawn Mowers, but no Sea Plane polybags.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^My store does not have the Kraangs out but interestingly, they have pickup in store available for it. Not sure why they are hiding them but you might want to check online for your store availability of sea planes...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,531
    LegoMom1 said:

^mrseatle said: You can ask for a price match....

Well of course you can ask, but will they give it?

I'm sure they will, if you meet their 'fine print' and it is not a hot price item, hard to find item, on sale, it is on sale at the other store, price cut marked, on clearance, try to use a coupon with the price matching...I dunno, im sure there are other restrictions...Goeffrey's favorite toy of the month.. the set left off of price matching when the music stopped, the set was released on a Wednesday in October, etc etc...
    Bumblepants
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    Price matching at Toys R Us, peace in the Middle East, the Cubs winning the World Series

Some things just won't happen.
    SquareSide