Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

1hr time lapse with a GoPro

BlaiseyBlaisey Member Posts: 17
This is my second go at lego time-lapse it took an hour it is a bit rough but as a test and fun with my son it was great I think. I have a GoPro (Black) helmet camera for my other hobbies it has a remote so my son pressed the button and directed. I think its a great option for time lapse I use Quicktime 7 to make into a .Mov file.

I hope u enjoy.
Blaisey

Comments

• DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    Good job, lots of action.
    Blaisey
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,938
    My brother (with a bit of my help) recently made a stop-motion film using a normal digital camera. We worked over a weekend in the summer holiday and ended up with a couple of minutes of footage! And despite all our efforts (and custom-built Lego tripod) it still wasn't very smooth. It's a difficult sort of hobby but it can be quite rewarding!
    We still haven't figured out how to do good sound for it, though.
    Blaisey
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    I turned it on, looked away for a few seconds and it was over. Cool video though :-)
    Blaisey
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,242
    If you plan on doing more in the future, a tip on the stand for the ship flying. If you have photoshop or another image editor that allows layers and masks if you take 2 shots of each frame where you move the ship, one with the ship and one without (without moving anything else in the frame), then you can easily and seamlessly remove the stand from the image with the ship by taking the no ship shot as the background image in the editor and creating a 2nd layer with the image with the ship, then just erase the stand (or mask it) and since the background image will have exactly the same thing without the stand you can remove the stand easily without having to be careful cropping it out or using a clone tool to remove it. Then just replace the 2 images in your sequence with the edited image before making the movie.
    Blaisey
  • BlaiseyBlaisey Member Posts: 17
    Nice one graphite thanks for the tip. I have had a little go with photoshop but don't have a copy.

rancorbait glad you liked it, I guess i should have called it it took 1 hour to make Ha.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,242
    ^ There are other options. I think GIMP has all the same basic features and is free. I've been meaning to try it out.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,022
    GIMP does allow the use of layers like that.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,938
    Paint.NET is also free and uses layers. I'm quite familiar with Paint.NET, and judging by what @graphite says, I reckon you could do it with that. I say that because (I found that) Paint.NET is easier to use than GIMP.