Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11

Comments

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited September 2013
    I have found that I get annoyed when I try to ID the bigger things. for example, the mech's shoulder harness. It's really difficult to figue out what that it, so you feel more, feel harder, next thing you know, you have a sore thumb and you're "that guy" mangling the pack.

Try searching for the little accessories instead. Isolate them in a corner by shaking the pack and go to town.
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    Me and the girl found an aisle hanger of CMF11, and we singled out what we thought were the Sax player and the Yeti, then went for two complete rando's after those (making sure they weren't the same figs or repeats of the previous two).

Ended up with A Scarecrow instead of a Sax Player (boffed THAT hat feel), Yeti, Barbarian, and Welder.

I asked what was her anticipated figs before we opened, and she said, "Yeti" with no pause. After opening, it was "Scarecrow" all the way.

One of the best printed minfigs I've seen. It's really impressive once all put together.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,424
    I was lucky, I picked 6 random packs from a LEGO store and got the Pretzel Girl, Welder, Jazz guy, Elf, Yeti and Gladiator, and no copies
  • burnsiderburnsider Member Posts: 75
    ^^ I have around 50 CMs and the Scarecrow is #1 on my list.

The hats are pretty much identical for the Scarecrow and Sax player, but how could you not check for the pitchfork!!! That's the key! When I got the sax player I felt the hat and then started feeling for the accessory. I felt no pitchfork, but felt the sax and was done!
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    This series was definitely easy to feel out but the last couple all have been. It took me ~2.5 hours to feel out the 2 boxes I bought and that included digging through the pile of label tags I printed to find the one for each pack as I felt it so I could attach it to the pack.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Gladiator?
    margot said:

Gladiator?

^ was that directed at me?
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 317
    ^^ I think he was talking about the barbarian.
    ^ Just wondering what the question is. Questioning the difficulty of one? Everything in the last 3 to 4 series had something so distinct to the one fig that they all were pretty easy.
    graphite said:

^ was that directed at me?

No.
    And thanks @hoodaddy.

• meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    I completed my set last night, but I still have a few duplicates I'll get. I found that this series had some tricky pieces to identify by feel:

-Mountain climber's rope vs. welder's hose vs. pretzel
    -Roller skates vs. key from female robot
    -Beakers vs. megaphone vs. ice cream cup vs. welder's tank
    -pitchfork vs. spear

Luckily each of those has other pieces you can isolate, but more than once at first I thought I had a different figure in my hand, only to be disappointed once I identified a second piece in the package.

I can see how the sax player's hat could be confused for the scarecrow... if you can isolate the pitchfork or sax that should help, but I had a heck of a time finding the pitchfork in the package which surprised me since with the long handle you'd think it would be easy.

This was another good series, I still think Series 6 is my all time favorite but this one is right up there.
    hoodaddy said:

^^ I think he was talking about the barbarian.

Yeah.. forgot the actual name of that one unfortunately, thanks

• ckenda1ckenda1 Member Posts: 121
    Finally found a Tiki and Scarecrow on a random pull of 2 bags. My boys are happy!
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @meyerc13 funny but you just listed all the elements i use to confirm s11 figs... i've felt a couple hundred already and haven't had any mistakes yet.

The one thing I'll say is similar to watch out for in this round is the Scarecrow & Jazz Musician hats... they're different but not obviously so right away. feel for the other items, the sax/pitchfork/bird are all very unique.

Scientist is easy by the beaker because there's 2 of them

Waitress's shoes are square and there's 2, the key for the Robot is round and has big fins for the handle, plus there's only one. The neck bracket is the most obvious indicator of the robot, then the square head.

If you feel a bar just slide along it, the heads of the pitchfork & spear are very obviously not the same. Tiki's shield is rubber and bends easily, as does the rope for the mountain climber. The pretzel is hard plastic and is not hollow in the center. The welders helmet is pretty distinct, and the 1x1 round brick is distinctive to me compared to a head, but the welding torch is a stiffer rubber and doesn't make a circle so i've yet to mistake it for either of those.

The evil mech's megaphone should be easy as it's the only round accessory with a bar sticking out of the side, and it's textured on one side and wide on the other. The Gingerbread's mug is smaller an the handle turns down, feels like a 1x1 round brick but with something sticking out the side.
    khmellymel
    edited September 2013

Scientist is easy by the beaker because there's 2 of them.

Scientist is easy by the beaker period. Never had to feel more than one. When I grab the beaker I always feel the bottom of it and then I'm sure.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,985
    Weird. This line seems very difficult to find in stores by me. I found one set-up, full, but no scarecrow. I went back a week later,and all were already sold. I found another case, where within les than a week they were virtually sold out. I am shocked they are so quickly picked over.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    No problem finding stock........ :-)

indigobox
    ^ are those pics the same store or are they two stores with that much out? Either way that is a ton to just put out at once. I thought the eight boxes of series 9 that were out at my Target tonight were alot.
    tamamahm said:

I am shocked they are so quickly picked over.

It's a new series. Give it a few weeks and the boxes will start to get picked through less and less.
    icey117cardgenius
    @Graphite - all at one place. Two shopping isles apart.
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    Legoboy said:

Where is that? What store?
    I've never seen so many boxes of Lego CMF all at once!

^ Near to Heathrow Gymnastics. Feltham I think.
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    @Legoboy - I love the price ticket on the shelf. £1.99 everywhere else but SPECIAL PURCHASE at Tesco, only £2.00!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,654
    gifinim said:

@Legoboy - I love the price ticket on the shelf. £1.99 everywhere else but SPECIAL PURCHASE at Tesco, only £2.00!

I saw this 'special purchase' ticket the other day, and on a few other things. Was wondering what it means? Possibly a quantity limit?

graphite said:

tamamahm said:

I am shocked they are so quickly picked over.

It's a new series. Give it a few weeks and the boxes will start to get picked through less and less.
    While I understand that, stores like Target and Walmart, never get picked through by me, let alone completely decimated within a week. I've been picking these up since series 2, and this is the first I've seen this happen. Series 10 did get bought up, but nothing like this.

It sounds like others are not encountering this. I was thinking that it might have been due to the chaser in 10, that folks were suddenly just grabbing them in hopes of another chaser, or perhaps they increased in popularity with kids after series 10. It sounds like this is more a local phenomenon by me. :-/

@tamamahm - coming clean with you, the store I visited is some 30 miles away where we take our son for training. I was there most evenings last week and again last night.

Last weekend however, I decided to take the kids out on a mission to find CMF 11s ie. keep them out of trouble and pass the time. In the three towns nearest to us, we found one box in one store with only a dozen or so packets left. Of the dozen other stores we tried, we found nothing. You will understand why I volunteered to take my son to gym last night! ;o)
    tamamahm
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    byolego said:

Legoboy said:

Where is that? What store?
    I've never seen so many boxes of Lego CMF all at once!

Most I saw was 16 boxes of 60 count at WM one time with series 5.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    @tamamahm - you aren't the only one. Even though I've completed my set now, that wast mostly due to right place/right time because the shelves haven't been overflowing with this series (yet).

I haven't seen a sign of these at our TRU, and they are usually the first to get them. The first time I saw a sign of these was at Target, but alas it was a Series 11 dispaly filled with Series 9. The next time I visited this Target they had less than a dozen series 11 mixed in with the Series 9, so I found about 7 unique figures. The other night I hit the jackpot with a mostly full Series 11 display at a different Target store, but even that display was missing Tiki warriors (which luckily I had found at the first Target), and didn't have duplicates on some of the figures I'd like more than one of. On the flip side, I could have bought an army of Mountain Climbers.

Be patient, these are clearly getting restocked and some retailers haven't gotten their shipments yet. By Christmas we'll all be wishing for the next series, but this series will beeverywhere.
    Hmm. sounds like I may not be the only person then.

Well, I did find a nearly full display today.

I simply want one extra scarecrow. (I have one.) This is the third display I have found absolutely every figure but with scarecrows gone. Our fall display can live without an extra one. It would be nice, though. I will keep looking.

Annoying that Lego made the one fall item rare.
    LEGO really screwed up making on 2 rares per box.. I know that they did it due to the 30 count boxes they wanted to release, but still.
    I'd rather see 4 of each 'rare' than 2.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652

LEGO really screwed up making on 2 rares per box.. I know that they did it due to the 30 count boxes they wanted to release, but still.
    I'd rather see 4 of each 'rare' than 2.

Then they wouldn't be "rare" now, would they? :)

margot
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,366
    Legoboy said:

No problem finding stock........ :-)

Oh my god. o_o

• OUWxGuesserOUWxGuesser Member Posts: 92
    Checked Target again, hoping they got a new box of series 11 so I can find the Tiki. Instead, they had a half dozen boxes of series 9, and stuffed half of an old series 11 box with series... 6!? I made out like a bandit on series 6 and all I need to finish that set is the alien. Go figure.
    I would love to find the old series!
    ^^ One of my targets has 8 boxes of series 9 out. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Was a hanging 120 box and I thought "great that means no 11 at this store for a while" then I turned the corner and there were 7 of the 60 boxes pretty much just opened stacked on the bottom shelf of the end cap.
    zippo luck at the 2 closest walmarts. One has a *ahem* load of series 10(the capacity of a 120 box then some) and the second closest has what appears to be 2 120 endcap boxes with an equal amount of series 10 and 9

REALLY?????

I want to get a couple series 11 figures(scarecrow and scientist) but I won't be able to get to target until at least Wednesday.

I have the series 9 i'm worried about for the time being and series 10 the only ones left are in route from ebay(got 2 parachuters for 1.74 each including shipping)

I just want to get the series 11 figures I want and get it over with.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited September 2013
    Patience. Three will be plenty of S11s out there to be had over the next few months.

Of course, now that I've written that, watch that there's only one shipment ever, and that this will become the most rare CMF series of all time because Lego likes screwing with us.
    tensor said:

Patience. Three will be plenty of S11s out there to be had over the next few months.

Of course, now that I've written that, watch that there's only one shipment ever, and that this will become the most rare CMF series of all time because Lego likes screwing with us.

Yea. That's if lego doesn't pull series 12 out it's backside and make cmf 11 a pain to locate for some people.

They can do that if they want to. It isn't odd for the series to be 3 months(or less) apart and CMF 11 showed up in Poland by mid july(http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7097), reports of august 15th for the UK, and findings about a week later in the states even though the street date of the things was September(technically LATE September since autumn isn't for 8 more days)

Let's put it this way: Lego could have series 12 out NEXT MONTH in Poland or some other area famous for early releases of figures and it's not like lego's done the "wait till last second game to announce figures" thing b4.

They are going to fast. There's more complaints practically by the day now about people having problems actually buying the ones they want.

Except for the fact cmf figures(not in just this line, but future series) I really want are bound to have a strong after market price on bl, i'd be considering exiting the CMF line for now since I am burnt out by the mediocre figures and rushed pace.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,196
    I hope S12 comes out soon, I'm bored with S11 already.
    pharmjodicey117
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    andhe said:

gifinim said:

I saw this 'special purchase' ticket the other day, and on a few other things. Was wondering what it means? Possibly a quantity limit?

Not sure what they mean, as the other day they had a box of S10 with a normal white sticker at £1.99 and S11 with the special purchase £2. Maybe they mean it's special for them?

• OjikOjik Member Posts: 56
    margot said:

^Again someone is saying they got sore fingers, did you really get sore fingers or is that just an expression?

Well, I'm quite proud of my feeling skills, I can identify the fig in 10 seconds if I know the series well (S10...). However, it's not as quick and fun as it may look, and it happens I get stuck. After about half an hour, regardless of the number of already identified figs, it starts to be boring and awkward. And painful as well. I have a back pain and my fingers are a little too sensitive. And after searching about 600 packs (my guess) in purpose of finding Mr. Gold without success, I'm starting to be fed up with this. When I see some gold packs, I don't even bother to feel them because of the aforementioned reasons and also because I've lost my enthusiasm. So that's why I gave up after like 30 packs of S11.

• SkadarSkadar Member Posts: 11
    My local Toys R Us has slowly moved the LEGO minifigs from the LEGO aisle to the front of the store. First they moved them to a display unit near the front, then they moved them to the other side of the display so that they would be visible from the registers. Finally, they moved them directly onto the register counters. It's ridiculous. I don't enjoy being treated like a thief when I buy plastic toys.

I should go in there, stand at the register, and lovingly fondle the minifig packs while maintaining full eye contact with the cashier... while muttering "this is so hot". Maybe then they will move them back to the LEGO aisle.
    chromedigistarfire2GoldfreekalexwilSilentModejasormurphquake
    ^ or that might entice them to ban you from the store.
    GothamConstructionCo
    There is something that just occurred to me. Does lego even care about the series anymore? There's been 3 catalogs this year and 2 only had a small CMF ad in the order info page and the newest issue doesn't even have any.

And it's almost like they aren't even going to try in the future lines since the word on the street is #12 is just going to be based off of figures from the lego movie, series 13 has a weird simpsons line rumor(judging by legos license theme addiction, it's probably true), and #14 has had recent talk of being based off the MMORPG.
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    Before, there was a special place on the shelf for figures with about 6 boxes of the series to choose from. Then they moved to to a small shelf with 7.99$ City sets and Star Wars Planets. Then to some rack on the side of the end of the isle just thrown into a clear plastic (idk what to call it) with a hole in the bottom to get it out. To be honest, its uncomfortable to feel in the isle (about 30+ left on my recent visit) and have to stop every few seconds for people to go by and get strange looks. Id rather just be cozy in the isle with the boxes!!!!
  • OUWxGuesserOUWxGuesser Member Posts: 92
    Well, I finally completed my collection and found a Tiki. Stopped by Walmart. Previous displays I mentioned earlier were wiped clear. I was heading out and noticed a return/random crap found around the store cart 1/3 full of toys, including two series 11 minifigs. I thought, oh why the heck not felt them. First one was a yeti. For the 2nd one, I immediately felt something rubbery. Took me a bit longer, but I finally located the spear. Couldn't believe it!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,654

...#14 has had recent talk of being based off the MMORPG.

How does that work? As the game characters are the previous series figures? Unless they're just going to re-release some of the 'classics'.
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    ^If they did that....the open CMF secondary market would implode....
    andhe
    jasor said:

Actually that would be nice. The price of series 1 is RIDICILOUS. It goes for upwards of $130+ per set of 16. And many other CMF figure prices are just getting to high.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,196

jasor said:

Actually that would be nice. The price of series 1 is RIDICILOUS. It goes for upwards of $130+ per set of 16. And many other CMF figure prices are just getting to high.
    But that is no real different to re-releasing CC or the UCS MF.

Re-releasing (now) high valued CMFs such as the zombie, spartan, roman, etc would be great for people late to the party or for army builders. But it would probably kill off sales of future series. Why buy lots searching for army builders when you can just wait for the re-release of the popular ones and buy multiples then.