Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11

Comments

• gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174

^ My local Tesco, on my last two visits, had a near empty box of Series 10. All the packets had been ripped open and parts were stolen.
    People who do these things should be stuck in a bag and fondled from all angles, then forgotten about.

I quite like being stuck in a bag and oh hang on wrong forum :-)

Out of ten fairly random picks today (just making sure not to pick mountaineers or welders) I got three Bavarian girls, two scientists, scarecrow and some other randoms. Not too bad!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^Not surprised you got 3 Bavarian girls. The rare ones are always clumped together in the box. Which is why I will never order minifigs again... Ordered some series 10 from [email protected] and they were almost all the same ones... I will only feel for them from now one..
  • EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    Not only did I find the cmfs that I wanted from series 11, I also found the entire series 6 and some of series 9. I swear I did not manhandle the packs but my fingers are sore to the core. :-))
    LegoMom1
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    It is clear that we all have different levels of tactile skills because this shows in how easy it is for us to identify CMS sealed in bags. Some folks can do it accurately and rapidly, and the rest of us take our time and often are wrong. This does not make us dumb or uncoordinated...we just shine in different areas that are not so tactile oriented acc. to Howard Gardner. (Maybe we should just pay others to feel things out for us and be done with it!)

The most frustrating part for me is searching for a figure that is not there because it has just been taken by someone on the prowl. After searching for the saxman for so long (at least three hours over three days with 84 packages,)
    it was a big waste of time to learn that the figure I most wanted was not there.

@LegoMom1: no way I could identify any figures if I had been drinking! So no offense taken...I have a great sense of humor! Really appreciate your posts, so please keep up the helpful comments.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548

I've just picked up my first British bobby CMF, that hat will turn up as a firemans hat in a series or twos time.
    I'll put a $100 (green printed tile)
    on that.

Agreed. I was actually quite disappointed when i saw the pictures of the bobbie's hat. Policeman's helmet is a specific shape, coming to a point, whereas this is clearly modeled on an olde-worlde style fireman's helmet.

Boooooh!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,534
    gifinim said:

Out of ten fairly random picks today (just making sure not to pick mountaineers or welders) I got three Bavarian girls, two scientists, scarecrow and some other randoms. Not too bad!

Not bad, especially considering that a normal box only has 2 bavarian girls. Guess this was a restocked box.

• dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Grabbed my first 6 series 11 and was happy to get Saxman, Waitress, Mountain Climber, Bobbie and Yeti 2x with no feeling. Was amused to see a dad standing there feeling through bags while his 4 kids told him to hurry up because they were bored.
    andhemargotHarryPotterLover
    Decided I want a lot more scientists and yetis but now everywhere is sold out, will have to wait for the next surge.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Finally encountered some at TRU today. Pickdd up a yeti, elf, and evil mech.
  • DJ_Pon3DJ_Pon3 Member Posts: 93
    Just need the scientist to complete my series 11. Think for series 12 i might just buy a full set off ebay, i think i'm paying more by posting trades than buying the full set.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    dimefield said:

Grabbed my first 6 series 11 and was happy to get Saxman, Waitress, Mountain Climber, Bobbie and Yeti 2x with no feeling. Was amused to see a dad standing there feeling through bags while his 4 kids told him to hurry up because they were bored.

@dimefield- Now let's not start to go off on another parenting rant. Those kids need to learn a little patience. :)

dannyrww
    margot said:

Decided I want a lot more scientists and yetis but now everywhere is sold out, will have to wait for the next surge.

@margot- You can scan a CMF pack with the Target customer zapper and it will show if there are more in the stockroom. Then...well you know what to do next. ;)
    Literally there are zero left, but good to know!
  • EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    @margot
    Let me know if you don't find any. I can pick some up for you from Freddys if they still have them in stock.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    Bored shopping with the wife in Target, I decided to find some elves and gingerbread men. Out of 8 packs, I found 4 elves, 1 gingerbread man, 1 grandma, 1 mountaineer, 1 female scientist. Still need more elves though.
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    Stopped at Target tonight just before close for some eggs and pancake mix and noticed three people crowded around a hanging display and asked if anyone had found a girl scientist. They helped me find one and a scarecrow and an elf. It was fun.
    krklint
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 510
    edited September 2013
    Having gotten the series - I now conclude that the Scarecrow is my absolute favorite. And it so fits the Mill Village Raid.
    jasorkrklint
    @margot How many yetis and lady scientists do you need?
    That way we all can see if we have any extras to send your way.
    Do you have any saxmen, grandmas or waitresses to trade? Thanks!
    @legogal I'm not anticipating having any trouble finding yetis and scientists at the store but thanks! Just realized after throwing back a million of them that I like them enough that I am going to go back for more, just as soon as local stores get their next wave in.
    One LEGO store and three Tescos today, and not a single Tiki to be found.
    Welders. Oh lord, welders everywhere!
    Yup, I think that welders are taking over the world soon! Must be some kind of welding conspiracy. Maybe more kids will become inspired to become welders and learn how make things and fix broken stuff.
    ^ The way series 10 played out for me I'm surprised the sky isn't full of skydivers then :-)
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    I got extraordinarily lucky with my first shopping trip. Came across S11 figs at the TRU at Potomac Mills. Managed to pull a Jazzman, Gingerbread Man, 2 Elves, Scientist Girl, Bobbie, and a Yeti - everyone I wanted except Grandma. I know I came across scarecrow(s) too but I dont have any interest in them. Woo!
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    I have a full series now except for the scarecrow, I found a box at morrisons on Friday and picked up some elves and 2 bobbys, my youngest was desperate for a scarcrow but there were none.
    Then popped into Asda and found a box with only a couple missing, felt through and found him a scarecrow and left the rest. Then half way home panicked about the other scarecrow as that part of the box had been untouched but could not get back until last night when the box had been trashed for want of a better word but picked up the bavarian, barbarian, scientist, mech, blues brother, robot, waitress and a grandma for my son. As 3 of the 4 of us collect the series I still have to find scarecrows and a few others to complete their collections and I want to pick up more welders for my husband who is actually interested in this series because of them and some more elves because they are just way too good!
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,062
    We've done ok in our household. I've got a full set now plus a few doubles that I wanted, and my son has the ones he wanted too. However, after trawling a few local Asdas and TRU, even in the almost full boxes there was a noticeable lack of scarecrows and saxmen. Are these really the most sought after? Or are people raiding the boxes early as there's only 2 per box. Had no problem with Tiki Warriors, Bavarian Girls, Waitresses or Grandmas.
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 510
    @gifinim I was through 6 boxes at Legoland Billund and no Tiki there either. But mountainclimber... and Yeti's, lots of those.
    My Target has been out for several days but when I gave them the DPCI number they realized they had a case in back. Went through it and really odd numbers- 5 Tikis , 1 Bavarian girl....
    I think that the averages are just averages... there seems to be no set number of each fig in each case. It is good that you found a whole case because that is the only way to get what you want. It is good that different folks like different figs or there would me a sea of unsold figs left for the next decade!
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ From series 6 on at least there has been exactly the same number of each in each box. Any variances reported are usually just "packet feeling" errors. There may be a mispacked box here and there but not as common as it seems to be reported.
  • OUWxGuesserOUWxGuesser Member Posts: 92
    How does this DPCI number stuff work?
    ^They type the number in their computer and it shows whether they have any of the item out on the floor and or back in the stockroom. Staff is always happy to do it in my experience.
    @OUWxGuesser- You can also take a minifig pack and scan the barcode on the customer zapper and it will show if there are any in the stock room.
  • OUWxGuesserOUWxGuesser Member Posts: 92
    Nice! Thanks for the info.
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    First random picks and I got a scarecrow and a lady robot.

Scarecrow is wonderful. The printing is fantastic, love the crow on the hat, hes really great. Female robot is really underwhelming. I mean, the printing is nicely done, but it just seems a bit..."eh". Looking forward to getting my hands on a yeti.
    Grabbed a couple of packets when I went to get a paper at lunchtime, no feeling ,just grabbed and ran. Ended up with the ginger bread man and a tikki. After all the feeling, groping, x-raying, everything, I get a tikki by pure chance. I'm not buying another figure ever again!
    edited September 2013
    ^@gifinim- Why not? Do you just want to end on a high note?
    More like I don't want to end up with a box full of welders :-)
  • LegoLego Member Posts: 62
    Who on here visits the target in east harlem ny?
    murphquake
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    They had em at TRU in grossmont, but they had been pretty well picked through. I managed to find 2 evil mechs, but probably went thru 15 or so rock climbers and Bobby's to get to them. The mechs were worth it though. BLACKTRON forever!!!
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    Damn the yeti is just fantastic. Hes one of my favourite figures from any series.
    margot
    Yeah, the Yeti is cool! So glad they made a lot of him. My son and I have a Medusa Army and now we are collecting a yeti army.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @Lego I used to work around there but i've never actually been in that one... why do you ask?

I was at the Lego Store this morning with @c3brix to help him get his picks and a guy was diligently feeling all the packs, we waited til he's done i start doing ours and am about 10 packs in and the supervisor says "i hope you're not looking for a tiki, that guy didnt find any" very next pack i grab is a tiki of course but the guy is long gone... ended up finding 4 or 5 in that batch, then they brought out a fresh box... felt kinda bad I didn't ask the guy if he needed help but they put one aside for him which was really nice. We got what we needed then stumbled on a couple of S6 in the storage box section of target and now S9 on the rack i found S6 there the other day... gotta check my receipt, know the s6 was scanning as S10, not sure about the s9
    margotkrklint
  • bill_istic82bill_istic82 Member Posts: 5
    Saw'em in Wal Mart TX got 3 pretzel ladies 2 gingerbread men 2 hikers a bobby a barbarian and scientist lady and the welder
  • OjikOjik Member Posts: 56
    Finally bought my first three: Constable, Grandma, and Scarecrow. No luck with welder though. Gave up in the middle of the box with pain in the back and sore fingers. Lucky you who found welders galore! My S10 Mechanic-like fig was Yeti. Something's very wrong when you find six of them in a row.

Oh, I love them, of course. Check out my new profile pic. The Constable is just lovely!
    ^Again someone is saying they got sore fingers, did you really get sore fingers or is that just an expression?
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I have felt enough figures (usually a shelf hanger with 120) at a time that my fingers can be mildly cramped but its never been actual pain. Mostly just using fine motor skills that I don't typically do so I notice the sensations afterwards more.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145
    I too start to feel sore fingers after only a few minutes. This. Is. Literal. Pain. Although, incredibly rewarding; I experienced the most when I was looking for Mr. Gold (pain). Although, not finding him was worse than the feeling in the hands...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,285
    edited September 2013
    Wonder if the intro of the scarecrow means other figures that closely resemble Wizard of OZ are coming in future sets and do Dorothy, Lion, and Tin man, or as LEGO will likely put it: the 'farm girl' 'lion' 'and 'metal guy'?
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    ^I would not be surprised in the least, though given Red Riding hood's weird CMF moniker, I would expect Tornado Traveler, Dog Basket Girl or maybe Ruby Slipper Wearer (or silver, if you're a purist). My vote would be for Poppy OD'er.
    madforLEGOvitreolum

I too start to feel sore fingers after only a few minutes. This. Is. Literal. Pain.

Thanks for sharing. I find myself wondering about weird random things at times and one of them is why some people get sore fingers feeling cmf packages and others experience no pain whatsoever.