Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Kmart: Extra 20% or 50% off clearance toys YMMV 9/1 - ?

rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
edited September 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
This discussion was created from comments split from: [US] Kmart 50% off clearance toys YMMV.

Comments

• Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    I was at K-mart today and they had their extra 50% off toys in the clearance section sale going on. Only set I saw was #9472 Attack on Weathertop for $28.50. I checked the k-mart 4 miles down the road and they only had the 20% off clearance item sale. I asked the manager and he said that the bigger stores are a couple weeks behind the smaller one but look for them to increase to 50% in the next week or two and that they always do their price resets on Sundays.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    Just don't take any pictures this time ;)
    Thanos75FollowsClosely
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    Currently only an additional 20% off in Sacramento at the three stores I called. The promotion runs for a week, through this Saturday.
  • galahad2309galahad2309 Member Posts: 33
    My Kmart is still only at 20% too.. Marked on the signs to last until 9/7...
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    20% in STL as well.
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    Kmart near a friend of mine the clearance Lego aren't currently part of the 20% off.
  • juggles7juggles7 United StatesMember Posts: 452
    I found a Lego City The Mine for $76 at a KMart in NC. Good enough for me!
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 476
    I found a Battle of Helm's Deep marked down to $98, but they did not have much Lego on clearance (this was on a top shelf and not tagged). I am going to check back on Monday and see if it drops further. I have one already, but at 50% I will definitely grab another.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    edited September 2013
    Target near me had Battle of Helm's Deep on sale (note it wasn't clearance) for $85. I think the sale may still be on, but I am not sure all stores have the same sales. I should have grabbed all three on the shelf, but I really don't play the re-selling game (yet) and not a huge fan of LOTR.
    margot
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    ^If you feel the urge to grab a Helm's Deep for $85 and mail it to NY, by all means let me know... :)
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    ^ Why? You can order it from Amazon right now for $113 with free shipping. After shipping costs you're only saving maybe ten bucks by having someone else pick it up for you (which should incur some kind of fee in of itself).
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    ^ I was mainly joking; I'd love to find one for $85 round these parts (and I thought CO had lower sales tax than NYC, but I see I'm mistaken about that). I also have a mental block with sets over $100.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,611
    ^ You should have gone to the Target at Colo. Blvd and Alameda, they had 6 at $85. Someone who was not me grabbed them all.
  • galahad2309galahad2309 Member Posts: 33
    Still only 20% off clearance from today until the 21rst at my Kmart.. The wait continues...
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    Same here in KY. I wonder if they will do a random 50% off during the week or something.
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 437
    No, someone mentioned first week of October somewhere. Still 20% here too.
  • ckenda1ckenda1 Member Posts: 121
    The one Kmart near me was at 20%, but said they had 50% 3 weeks ago. The lady stated that it's random week to week and could change.
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    Mine was still 20% off too. They did have #9498 marked down enough that with the extra 20% off it was almost 50% off MSRP.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    My KMart is still at 20% off as well. I spoke to the dept. manager of Toys (I know her) and she wasn't aware of a looming 50% off. She said they were current on all of the clearance markdowns.

They really don't have anything I want regardless. Tons of Hobbit & LotR with a few remaining Monster Fighters.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    edited September 2013
    I stopped in a K-Mart about 30 minutes from me yesterday. The sets were marked clearance but the sticker prices were very close to retail, 5% off I guess. Sometimes slightly over. The Republic Striker Fighter had a "$42 clearance" sticker. I walked out empty handed. Lot of Star Wars, Monster Fighters.
    ^^ The clearance at my store is 20% off the sticker - so the price tag isn't the final price. Of course, ymmv.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    20% off 5% still wasn't worth biting.
    ^ agreed. Especially when you consider that a lot of Walmart stores had the same sets for 30%+ on the same sets just weeks ago.
  • ckenda1ckenda1 Member Posts: 121
    Could anyone use a $5 off $35 Kmart coupon? I'll send it to the first person who PMs me.