Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11

Comments

• gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174

Not the best photo, but it is 2am!

I think this is the quickest I've ever got a full set. And no, I didn't buy a whole box, I got the box when I bought the last three figures from a Smiths store.
    margotkhmellymelmurphquakeHarryPotterLoverBeavjasor
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 651
    ^Oh, I think that belongs on the 'brag' thread. ;)
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,308
    I have 2 full sets now! Got them at Target thanks to having the dcpi number from @legomom1 . Bavarian girl very limited. Mountain climber is every other one.
    ^Thanks @margot, but I can't take the credit. I actually got the # from an earlier post by @cyphr99. So the thanks go to him/her. 2 full sets- you must have blisters on your fingers.
    A sore neck... :-)
    I have to say that I think Lego really got it right this time. A lot of the good minifigs came in multiple quantities. Love the girl scientist and there are tons of her.
    Lego
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ I had Target bring out the display case to the front for me to look through (thanks to the DCPI number, thanks!). Actually for me the girl scientist was the last one for me to find. I have all that I wanted and three elves and two sax players (and I ordered a short pair of legs on BL so I can make Jake and Elwood).
    margotdannyrwwpharmjodmurphquake
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,394
    emilewski said:

Here is my Blues Brothers Jake and Elwood.

Love the Blues Brothers....went to Lego Discovery Land in Chicago for the Minifigure swap weekend and they had a scavenger hunt through the Chicago model and the Jazz musician minifigure was labeled as "Blues Brother" ...made me keep an eye out for Illinois Nazis :)

pharmjodmurphquakeT_Lars
  • LegoLego Member Posts: 62
    Series 9 and 10 have the same dcpi so I got series 9 pulled out from back, they also had series 11
    margotmurphquake
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,986
    Really? I don't think they got it right at all. Constables and mountain climbers coming out of my ears. The yeti they got right. I saw many wanting him.
    Yes, Bavarian girl was hard to find.
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    Looks like I will have as much luck with Series 11 as I did with series 10. After buying 24, still 5 I don't have and I am seeing a pattern with duplicates. Purchased from different locations, but "feeling" is not an option in any of them.
    0 Barbarian
    1 Scarecrow
    3 Bavarian Lady
    1 Evil Mech
    0 Tiki Warrior
    1 Gingerbread Man
    0 Holiday Elf
    4 Yeti
    4 Mountain Climber
    4 Welder
    3 Scientist
    0 Jazz Musician
    1 Diner Waitress
    1 Grandma
    1 Constable
    0 Lady Robot

Bought 63 from Series 10 and still didn't get a Trend Setter. Beginning to think I would be better off buying the ones I want for a little over retail....

Daragh

PS. Really want that Sax guy.
    margot
    @Daragh - I know the feeling - you don't want to know how many skydivers I've still got!

So far only the Yeti is showing up in large numbers for me, the others are spread out reasonably well. (Not got a spare sax guy but I'll keep my eyes open)
    Stopped in TRU this evening to see if they had any of the Kraang polys. Was surprised they didn't have any Series 11 out for sale. When I questioned them they said they didn't have any, "what you see is what we have". So I told them that I was shown the box the day before.. so they checked and "hey, we didn't know we had this, we've had several people asking for them today!". Duh....
    murphquake
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,550
    Don't any of you feel the bags? I've felt hundreds, if not thousands of bags for myself, friends and even standers-by and so far have been wrong a total of three times. I know some Toys R Us stores don't let you but the ones I've been to make no issue about it.

Additionally, Daragh, if you're going to buy as many as 63 you should just buy a case.
    @Daragh - why is feeling not an option? Is it that your stores don't permit it, or that you don't have the time? It really is worth it not to get a lot of dups.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    prof1515 said:

Don't any of you feel the bags? I've felt hundreds, if not thousands of bags for myself, friends and even standers-by and so far have been wrong a total of three times. I know some Toys R Us stores don't let you but the ones I've been to make no issue about it.

Additionally, Daragh, if you're going to buy as many as 63 you should just buy a case.

I do feel bags.

Not really going to go after many series 11 though since I swear the minifigures I do have(not just CMF's) are multiplying faster then bunnies over here on their own so I don't need another population explosion.

I have got to separate the boys from the girls one of these days
    This distribution for a box of 60 was posted by @graphite on July 31. From my experience with a box of 120 today, doubling this amount does seem about right, give or take a few. Thanks, graphite.

4 Barbarians
    2 Scarecrows
    2 Bavarian Ladies
    4 Evil Mechs
    2 Tiki Warriors
    4 Gingerbread Men
    4 Holiday Elves
    6 Yetis
    6 Mountain Climbers
    6 Welders
    4 Scientists
    2 Jazz Musicians
    2 Diner Waitresses
    2 Grandmas
    6 Constables
    4 Lady Robots
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 726
    Ah, the Zen of Sitsfumf - agree with @LegoMom1 it is worth the time/looking like a Lego-weirdo. I found CMF11 very easy to feel correctly, and I'm not that good at it. Got a second skydiver because his backpack was stuck in his helmet so he felt unique and I got a touch of Gold fever. ;-)
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    Feeling is not an option as it's either Argos or the toy shops and they have them at the till. I didn't realise I had both over 60 of series 10 until I put them together and counted the dups, I knew I had a lot of Baseball Fielders and Skydivers but 9 of each! Ouch. I just ordered the ones I am missing of series 11, so that it's complete, save my money for something over £50 from Lego, I fancy that little camper :-)
    Most of the time I've got a pair of 6 year olds with me while I'm shopping, so standing in the store feeling bags isn't really practical. When I've tried it with the kids every single bag has Mr Gold in it - some bags even have two!
    Daraghjasor
    edited September 2013
    Leave the kids in the car, roll the window down a crack and head inside. It works for pets! [/sarcasm]

Disclaimer: Don't do this with pets. It's cruel. Same goes for kids.
    gifinim
  • DJ_Pon3DJ_Pon3 Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2013
    Im glad I work at Argos means when Ive got nothing to do I can feel the bags, and sometimes snip a few open to find out what they are before I buy them lol
    Anyone took advantage of Toymaster's minifig offer? http://www.toymaster.co.uk/live/2013/03/loyalty-card-collector-scheme-lego-mini-figures/
    I looked through the fresh case of 60 at Target and failed to get a waiter after buying 4 packs (cries)
    For series 9 I meant
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,404
    Feel for the tray.
  • burnsiderburnsider Member Posts: 75
    ^^ I found the waitress a couple times at Target. She has the two smallest pieces, the roller skates, which make it kind of easy to tell when you got her.

any tips on finding grandma?
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 586
    ^ Look for the basket, being a squidgy piece.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,356
    @burnsider - I think that the rubbery basket is the easiest piece to feel for, although the cat is fairly apparent too.
    Two with squishy things- Tiki and grandma.
    Waiter from Series 9 was really hard to find!
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 586
    margot said:

Two with squishy things- Tiki and grandma.

If you also happen to come across something long, pointy and hard... hopefully it isn't Grandma.
    margotLegobutterflygifinimStormKittyjasor
  • LeonCLeonC United KingdomMember Posts: 364
    Quick question. Has anyone gotten a gingerbread man with an unprinted mug? I got one via a trade today (not from here I might add) and the mug was plain red, no "dunk me" print. I think its been switched, but the trader claimed ignorance. Just wondered if anyone else had seen this before I leave some terrible feedback.
    ahhh, ok, squishy basket. So the Tiki's mask is squishy too? Thanks guys!
    ^ no all mine have been printed. Sounds like a switch job. Did the photo of the item have the print / did they use a stock photo? If so, I'd be annoyed if I didn't get the right one.
    Sounds like they just scooped one out of the Build-A-Minifigure bar. Unless they offer to replace it, I'd leave terrible feedback because at the least they sold you a defective product and at worst they knowingly attempted to deceive you.
    burnsider said:

Yes, really squishy. There is also a small bone for his head like Cavewoman has.

burnsider said:

The top part with the handles is squishy and the bottom is firmer and flat.

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,937
    edited September 2013
    Unofficial Series 11 Feeling Guide:

CMF Name - What I consider to be the quickest, easiest single element to identify (other identifiers to zero-in).

Jazz Musician - Saxophone (hat)
    Scarecrow - Pitchfork (crow, hat)
    Evil Mech - Blaster Gun (shoulder harness, gun cone piece)
    Scientist - Flask (other flask, hair)
    Yeti - Bulky & Bumpy Head/Torso (popsicle)
    Gingerbread Man - Round Head (mug)
    Tiki - Spear (mask, bone)
    Constable - Billy Club (hat)
    Bavarian Lady - Pretzel (long ponytail hair)
    Waitress - Tray (roller skates, cup, ice cream, hair)
    Barbarian - Sword (other sword, hair)
    Welder - Squishy Welding Torch (canister, mask)
    Rock Climber - Pickaxe (squishy rope, helmet)
    Grandma - Squishy Basket (cat, hair)
    Lady Robot - Key Winder (backpack element, square head)
    Elf - 2x2 brick (2x2 tile, teddy bear, pointed hat)
    margotdannyrwwmurphquakejasorBeav
    @tensor I agree with all those. I think the mug on the Gingerbread man is a clincher. If you feel the package for a normal Lego head, keep rolling the head back and forth to see if you can feel for the mug's handle. If you can't feel it, then it's not the Gingerbread man since it has no normal head. I did a speed feel and found him in a couple of minutes after going through about 20 bags.

Same thing with the waitress. If you feel a small piece, it's her rollerskates. Only piece close in size is the Yeti's popsicle. Oh, and like tensor said, feel for the hat. Only Scarecrow and Jazz Musician has those. Very easy to feel the brim!
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @burnsider the 1x1 round brick is noticeably narrower than the minifig head... i've seen a lot of people get painters instead of grandpas & librarians and i'm sure the same for welders vs gingerbreads because they don't feel for the handle.

I went yesterday and bought 30 after feeling, unfortunately someone had bought 57 when i was walking in and I think she got a lot of the ones I wanted, but I got a full set, and doubles of all the 2 per box except the waitress, and a couple others. Went back tonight and finished my 2nd set and got several doubles I wanted. I also did the blues brothers thing, got an extra one today, think I'm gonna make it one more and leave them as a permanent pair... give jake a bottle and elwood a briefcase =-) The awesome part was before I went out yesterday I stumbled on the movie on HBO, then it was on again when I came home!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/murphquake/9650998701/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/murphquake/9657329979
    Every time I look at that Yeti I just smile. Love him!
    CCC said:

^ no all mine have been printed. Sounds like a switch job. Did the photo of the item have the print / did they use a stock photo? If so, I'd be annoyed if I didn't get the right one.

Thanks. It was traded via swap.minifiguresseries.com so no photo or description. Yeah I was pretty annoyed but not much I can do I guess except flame him with feedback and hope other traders bother to look (I find the site hard enough to navigate that I often forget / can't be bothered to check feedback).

^ I agree. Feedback on that site is awful, I doubt anyone checks it. I had a couple of bad trades there too, so don't bother any more on there.
    CCC said:

^ I agree. Feedback on that site is awful, I doubt anyone checks it. I had a couple of bad trades there too, so don't bother any more on there.

Its a shame as I've had a few good trades there so far, but now one has gone bad I agree the site is pretty much useless for flagging it up either the the admins or other users. I think I'll be avoiding it from now on as well.

Sorry to hijack the S11 thread - which by the way is one of my favourite series, and I haven't even got them all yet.

edited September 2013

series 11 is deffo one of my favourite series yet, the yeti is adorable and i need to find a good weapon for my gingerbread man for my desk at work, any suggestions?

I forgot to upload a picture ... here is my suggestion ...

you can of course use different colour ice cream, but I thought I'd just use parts from S11, so the evil mech's gun (reversed) and the waitress's ice cream.
    margotjasorkrklint
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 754
    Ha! That is a cute action figure! Ready for ice war for sure!
    I felt about fifty yesterday at a WalMart in Morganton, NC, the first store I had seen with them. Still looking for the sax man and waitress, but found the others. In love with Grandma, Gingerbreadman and Bavarian girl, who has long braids as well as a pretzel for ID. This set is wonderful so far because I can actually feel the different parts most of the time. Thumbs are bruised, but that is life!
    CCC said:

Had some pretty good trades on there, sealed for sealed. But saying that I've had some dusty, figs with very used looking stands in exchange for my sealed Series 4 :(
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,937
    ^They were used and dusty still sealed? As in, he glued/resealed the packs back together or something?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,567
    edited September 2013
    Wow, prices really seemed to have gone up per pack for pre-orders of series 11 cases on eBay and also from people on BL.
    Are pack prices increasing to 3.49 or something? Or just these sellers trying to squeeze what they can out of people?
    Cause i do not see buying a case on eBay or BL if it will cost as much for me to go buy them in the store (if not more per pack)
    If this keeps up I see another reason to stop buying a box to get a complete set.
    tensor said:

^They were used and dusty still sealed? As in, he glued/resealed the packs back together or something?

No, i meant ive traded sealed for sealed which were good. and in other trades ive got some iffy looking figs back.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 754
    Found the waitress! Her tray is oval, not round, and thin. And those two small roller skates are helpful, too. Now still looking for the taxman....