Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

BrickQueen done wrong on CUUSOO?

124»

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,454
    edited August 2013
    It is the same as calling the police and reporting the neighbor for something they haven't done just because you hate them. The police still have to answer the 911 call and check out the situation. When all is straightened out, they leave. If they do find something wrong, they will arrest someone. Simple as that.

If BrickQueen didn't violate TOS, then she should expect her account to be reinstated.
    jasorvitreolumEKSam
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    ^ This. That's it, and that's all.
    cheshirecatlegomattYellowcastle
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    Pitfall69 said:

It is the same as calling the police and reporting the neighbor for something they haven't done just because you hate them. The police still have to answer the 911 call and check out the situation. When all is straightened out, they leave. If they do find something wrong, they will arrest someone. Simple as that.

If BrickQueen didn't violate TOS, then she should expect her account to be reinstated.

She has said over and over again in the comments section on her youtube video that she contacted Lego's customer support(???) But she doesn't expect anything to happen...

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,470
    I don't see what customer support can do anyway. Cuusoo is nothing to do with them.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,244
    @CCC I was just trying to bury this thread, then you went and posted in it! ;)
    cheshirecatlegomatt
  • LegoLego Member Posts: 62
    Why can't we just lock this thread up or something. We are giving her so much attention for what?
    legomatticey117
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,550
    edited August 2013
    Sometimes I miss the old days before the internet when idiots were confined to their village.

Why can't her's take her back?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,641
    This whole thread reminds me of an old saying, "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see".
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,543
    edited August 2013
    Sorry @Paperballpark and everyone hoping this thread dies... I hope so too, but I could not let this personal insult pass unchallenged:

Firstly:
    Schwallex said:

@legomatt I have to say I find it worrying how you keep saying "pre-emptive" and "potential". Frankly, that's fearmongering.

...I didn't keep saying anything. I used those words once and only in a vain attempt to elucidate further the reasons for my previous post, which, frankly, was self-explanatory in the first place.
    If you see a pile-up ahead, you don't put your foot on the gas, you try to swerve it. I merely tried to drive the conversation away from the internet trolling that was happening elsewhere. I simply wished to see brickset and bricksetters avoid being drawn into a stupid argument... (there have been far too many of them lately). I clearly failed, so you should be pleased. :o)
    Schwallex said:

It's the reason why we are now getting humiliated at airports and spied on 24/7. It's the reason for many an unjustified action, all the way up to horrible wars.
    Look, any number of vile people can attack this site at any moment for whatever reason. Why don't we just shut Brickset down? It can't be attacked if it doesn't exist. Your words.

No, those ridiculous extrapolations are your words. You insult me by suggesting otherwise.

However, I will grant you this; your overreaction proved everything I said about the utter bullspit that this whole thread would cause, and it's capacity to draw us all into a stupid senseless fight.

Look. If people want to talk about Cuusoo and/or its policies, go ahead, there have been plenty of Cuusoo threads prior to this, and plenty of opportunity to do so, I've never stopped anyone discussing anything about Cussoo. This thread, on the other hand, was not such a thread, it was started purely in response to, and with a focus on, the banning of a single person (with a whole mess of associated internet trolling). Not exactly what we want here.

You can also question brickset policy all you like, if you feel your liberties are threatened by a lack of wider topics, but DO NOT compare me with scare-mongering police-state politics, and don't insult me with spurious attempts to put your words into my mouth.

I will not be participating any further in this thread. My position was made clear in my original post. If people want to argue about rubbish, and fill the forum with all manner of random crap, be my guest. Just don't complain later if you find the standard of dialog, membership, or lego-related information less than that which originally attracted you to the forum.

There are far too many topics being started up lately that have no purpose beyond causing aggravation. If people want politics, sport, religion, philosophy, name-your-poison, go somewhere else. And when you find that place, complain to them that they aren't discussing Lego enough, why not?

:o)
  • pillpodpillpod Member Posts: 273
    I think for my next moc I'm going to try to replicate this thread and some of its posters by making a mountain out of a molehill.
    beegeedee
    edited August 2013
    legomatt said:

I would rather this thread be binned out of existence so that it can blow over as quickly as possible, and prevent Brickset-users being dragged into someone's argument.

mountain out of a molehill, perhaps.

Yup, I agreed (page 2), and would have left it at that. But getting compared to a scare-mongering police state. That just grinds my gears. Aaayoo! :oP
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    Honestly, the email thing just sounds so fishy. Like who would go to the trouble of making 18 accounts on a 10,000 supporter system? And Brick Queen would sound like a good idea for a username even if she hadent mak the name popular.
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    Her latest update:

"It was my copied idea"
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 889
    Alright, that's it, she's truly delusional, and frankly, quite pathetic.

That might as well have been A-Rod's press conference denying he ever took steroids...
    Pitfall69Crowkillers
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    LOL at how deluded and egotistical she is
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    She doesn't know when to shut up about something and let it be for awhile.

Oh well, thankfully this is, in the grand scheme of things, a pretty minor thing... except for her of course, but perhaps in time she'll see that life does go on and the sun will come out tomorrow...

Hmm, sounds like the name of a song!!!

Unbelievable...

They matched up 18 I.P. addresses and she can still claim that it wasn't her... The big corporation took her down...

I wonder what color the sky is in her world...
  • EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    Arright watched a little and at one point she says " I love you guys" , next breath "I can't explain because you all will not believe me". I can't finish the video, like someone else pointed out I can't get past the mess in her Lego room.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,550
    It must take a lot of tin foil to make a hat for someone with such a big head.
  • greenwithenvygreenwithenvy Banned Posts: 32
    Imagine all the stuff she'll have for sale. Wow. She said she probably won't purchase Lego again.
    I seriously despise people who get caught doing wrong and won't accept the blame no matter how red their hands are...

• BanditBandit Member Posts: 889
    I'm going to go ahead and go out on a limb and predict in a couple days we hear:

"After some major soul searching, and due to the wonderful overwhelming support of all my fans, it just wouldn't be fair to you all to quit. It's going to be really hard, and I'm still really hurt, but I think I can do it!

I love you all so, so much, so I'm going to keep buying lego because it's just too important to me and all of you, and of course I'm going to keep making terrible videos, which of course I'm going to continue to monetize, especially now that I won't be getting that fat cuusoo 1% commission."
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,244
    ^ that post is very confusing. Are you quoting other people, or are those all your own words? If you're quoting others, please use quotation marks.
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    edited August 2013
    Great. So we now get gutter posts that were deleted from the front page story posted in the forum.

Just stop stirring this crash-crash of a story.
    cheshirecat
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,040
    edited August 2013
    I've tidied up the home page news comments and given legowomen1980p a ban. This isn't the first time she's written poisonous comments.

Let's keep this thread civil to avoid having to do something similar here...
    atkinsarCapnRex101Paperballparkrichardh4388EKSamLegoFanTexasSirKevbagsYellowcastle
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,357
    To be honest, I am not sure that this story is really going anywhere.

I am sorry for what happened to BrickQueen (although I am not very familiar with her on Youtube). I am not going to claim to have much insight on the subject, if she is indeed in the wrong however, she has got what she deserves. Cuusoo has been in a complete mess for several months now and this kind of event is no surprise whatsoever as far as I am concerned.
    cheshirecat
  • jon_kjon_k UKMember Posts: 237
    Its interesting to read the musings of so many on something that we know so little about.

In law hearsay is not admissible in a court of law, so again until the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth comes out, all of us will never know the real reasons.

My only thoughts about online forums, having being accused of having a multi account at one web site and banned and later re instated , it seems its so easy for accounts to be made, but as for Cusso not giving her a full explanation, if true, ( note the if) well what have they got to hide ?

I think the damage has been done and the whole episode could have been dealt with in a much better way, behind closed doors, washing your laundry in public leads to the mess that now has graced the front page of this site, which now, with the mods finally closing the thread , and about time, why it was left to run? and what did it achieve , I have no idea, this now resulting in another ban for someone, supposition, conjecture, hypothetical answers, and all manner of points of view and trolling..brilliant.

this whole sorry mess has reminded me of the "rubber neckers " at accidents on major roads, they cause more issues than the accident does by stopping to gawp, so leave the professionals to clear the scene and get on your journey

As we say in the job " nothing to see here move on "

• SchwallexSchwallex Member Posts: 121
    @legomatt I never meant to insult you, personally or by implication. I apologize if I did.

It was never my intention to attack you, but rather to point out that pre-emptive measures are destructive. You don't put your foot on the gas if there is a pile-up ahead, very true. But it's easy to start seeing pile-ups around every corner, at which point we'll never get anywhere and might as well sell our car. I say, we deal with the pile-up when and if we actually get there.

You say you failed to drive the conversation away from internet trolling. I am not seeing any trolling in this thread. The YouTube kiddies are still over on YouTube, and Bricksetters are still here on Brickset. I am not seeing a problem.

Anyway, you happened to be the author of the comment I was addressing, but it could have been anyone else. I never meant to hurt anyone personally.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    Huw said:

I've tidied up the home page news comments and given legowomen1980p a ban.

Thank you, that was very much needed... her comment posting personal details (including children's names) of another member was way, way over the line...

The drama and childishness that has come out from this event does not portray AFOLs in a good light and quite frankly, we'll all be better off when we move on from this.
    bricksanYellowcastlerichardh4388legomatt
  • RastRast Member Posts: 111
    The best bit in that video is her trying to convince herself, Kre-o isn't that bad.
    Legohantotmargot
  • LegoLego Member Posts: 62
    She makes me not want to buy Lego after her constant tantrums.
    edited August 2013
    It's cool, @Schwallex , no harm done. I probably took the post a little too personally, and got a bit annoyed as a result. I've always had a personal rule not to post in non-lego topics that are likely to derail, but slipped up this time.

I think what probably caught me out was that this thread is dedicated to an individual person rather than, for example, cuusoo policy - which it could just as easily have been; the rumour/gossip/internet-bullying/'mob justice' angle associated with personalised topics just didn't sit right with me at the time.

Right, back to the lego threads for me...

Oh, incidentally, I've noticed people saying there's money in cuusoo? Is that so? I thought it was just about showing off a design in the hopes it got made.
    but there's money in it? How's that work?

Actually, don't answer that. Let's allow the thread to die.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,659
    1% of the sale goes to the project owner. In the case of BTTF the owner gave his share to the Michael J Fox Foundation. Not that I needed another incentive to buy the set, but a big kudos to him.

Thread won't die, but at least is showing a positive side of Cuusoo and posted projects, it will balance some of the recent activities.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,454
    So with that, let me reiterate what @CCC was saying. He said in her latest video that she feels bad for her "fans" because her JP project won't happen. Post the instructions online so your "fans," can build it if they like it so much. I am now on the assumption that she was in it more for the money than being a true fan of Lego. How can a true fan even think about never buying Lego again? Ridiculous.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    People take Lego way too seriously.
    BustinPitfall69
  • SchwallexSchwallex Member Posts: 121
    edited August 2013
    legomatt said:

I think what probably caught me out was that this thread is dedicated to an individual person rather than, for example, cuusoo policy - which it could just as easily have been

Well yes, you and I are very much on the same page here in that regard. That's what I meant when I said that we shouldn't be looking at the people or the reasons or the projects, that we should be looking at the big picture instead. "Things disappearing just like that because of the wrongdoings of one person. We could be discussing what alternatives there could possibly be, like transfer of ownership or what have you, really something constructive."

As far as I am concerned, the BQ issue is done with and forgotten about at this point (or perhaps it was done with the minute Cuusoo carried out their decision). The elephant in the room is not her fate, but the workings of the site. Deleting an account, for whatever reason, is one thing, but not having the means and processes in place to disassociate it from its projects is another. So they resolve to collective punishment, which is illegal in any sane system — and not because sane systems care about their people, mind you, but because sane systems care about themselves. There's gotta be a better solution. It's not like Cuusoo suffers from a shortage of people disappointed with them.

Of course if we do look at the particular projects involved, the current heavy-handed approach happened to be quite elegant actually, as KRE-O has the JP license so the projects were dead on arrival anyway. In a great karmic joke Cuusoo has killed two birds with one stone here, ending up doing less harm than they would have by letting the projects march on. (Just picture all the death threats we'd be getting from twice the amount of disappointed BQ supporters.) Alas, that was likely not intended, and you can't always be lucky like that in the first place.

I will add that when I wonder about disassociating projects from banned accounts, I am not limiting that to the projects those accounts created. I'm also thinking of all the projects they supported. That's a much more common use case, in fact. Someone supports dozens of projects over the course of several months or even years, but then one day he leaves an insulting comment that gets him banned — and bam! his genuine support for all those projects is nuked from the system wholesale. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Just because you don't want him to post comments on your site, doesn't mean he won't buy your product.