Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10199 Winter Toy Shop back in Stock on Amazon

LegorunnerLegorunner Member Posts: 35
edited July 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
I was browsing through brothers-brick.com and came across this. http://www.brothers-brick.com/2011/07/28/10199-creator-winter-toy-shop-back-in-stock-news/

Apparently Amazon has 56 more left in their warehouse. For those who didn't get one. Better grab the opportunity! As far as I know, it's sold out everywhere and currently no longer listed on Lego website?

Comments

• malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    I notice that it has appeared with the bakeshop on the Walmart.com website.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Creator-Winter-Toy-Shop/14299403
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Creator-Winter-Village-Bakery/15405746

Free shipping.
  • SutterCaneSutterCane Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2011
    Welp, these were two sets that I reaaaaaally wanted and so...there goes $100+. You had to point this out didn't you haha

Thanks though, I'm glad I could pick this up for a cheaper price that I was expecting to have to pay. Now I need the post office to come out!

My excitement is directly proportional to my "brokeness" haha

Edit: Oh wow, looks like the Toy Shop is already out of stock on walmarts site
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,565
    This happened last year too.
    Toy shoppe sold out, then Amazon got them again then everyone was selling them around Christmas..
    I like this idea because it allows those who missed out on it to get one...
  • VaderXVaderX Member Posts: 220
    Toy shoppe is one of the few sets Lego released two years in a row after 'selling out' I'm glad i did not pay 80.00 USD for one via Ebay or Bricklink because Lego re-released them a few weeks after i decided not to give in. Grab one while you can because now that the Post Office is coming out Toy Shoppe will probably be set for disco soon if not already.
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    It is also available at Target.com with free shipping.

I had it in my cart at Amazon and waited a few days to place the order. It went out of stock, then came back after I had ordered it from Target!
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    ^ If the Target one arrives in good shape, you might have been forced into the best option. The Amazon stock seems to have been dragged around the warehouse because the print on the box is rubbed down to white and a couple I received were creased or torn. And it wasn't because of poor shipping protection, because the shipping boxes arrived intact.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,565
    edited August 2011
    ^-- hehe the boxes I got last year from Amazon looked like someone played football with them.
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    I found a coupon for $5 off online orders over $50 at target.com which works for the Toy Shop:
    http://www.bargainist.com/deals/stores/target/
  • SutterCaneSutterCane Member Posts: 21
    Got my Toy Shop in the mail, but the box was CRUSHED. Is this a normal thing with Amazon? There was basically no padding in the shipping box whatsoever.

Still, whatev, I'm just excited to finally own this set. :D
  • SarahIsabellaSarahIsabella USAMember Posts: 69
    Got my Toy Shop in the mail, but the box was CRUSHED. Is this a normal thing with Amazon? There was basically no padding in the shipping box whatsoever.

Last week I got the 3368 Space Center which had several big gashes in both the outer shipping box and the LEGO box itself. They had put one of those inflatable "pillow" type padding things in the box, I'm not sure why as it didn't wrap around the box or protect it in the least.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    Amazon shipping for Lego is terrible, they destroy a ton of sets due to a complete lack of packing protection.

They'll replace them all, free of charge, shipping paid both ways, if you just ask, but it is a pain in the neck. If it wasn't for Amazon's generally great prices on Lego, I'd never bother with them.

One other plus is that sometimes they'll give you 20% off to keep damaged sets, so if you don't care about the boxes...
  • RavenhookRavenhook Member Posts: 70
    I'm a little surprised that the Winter Toy Shop set has been discontinued.

With 10222 Winter Village Post Office coming out, surely it will create demand to "collect all three" to complete your winter village?

(Though, I have to admit I don't understand a lot of TLG's logic. Sometimes I think its executives must have eBay / Bricklink stores on the side!)
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    LEGO store employee told me that the Winter Toy Shop will be back in stock along with the other two items for the holidays. This seems to coincide with the fact that other retailers (Amazon) have been showing it again.