Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] #41999 Crawler Exclusive Edition set is now available on [email protected] US

1235»

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,445
    Interesting info I got from 2 of the people I talked to. They said that Lego Brand stores WILL be getting more 41999's (that, we knew already) What I didn't know is that [email protected]'s inventory is different than Lego Brand Stores and that [email protected] can't pull sets from there (yes, you guys probably knew this).

The finance person I talked to said something very interesting. He said that it is being discussed right now about getting more 41999's back at [email protected] It could mean 2 things; TLG will make more Crawlers or pull inventory that was destined to go to Lego Brand stores.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I would wager it means pulling from LEGO brand stores. They could always make more, and not that this matters to them, but no one would ever believe anything they say again about quantities or limited edition or anything. I don't really care which they do, but it will be interesting nonetheless.
    I take anything that anybody says with a grain if salt (pinch of salt for you peeps across the pond).
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    My order I placed late on Aug 9th just went from 'backordered' to 'in process'...
    Pitfall69
  • TrenthTrenth Member Posts: 162
    ^Woohoo mine too
    Pitfall69
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited August 2013
    Ooh ohh, mine too!

With my luck, the translation of "in process" is probably "in process... to be cancelled" lol.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Pitfall69 said:

My order was never processed even though the transaction is on my credit card. I called [email protected] today and they confirmed what I knew all along :( I had to have them call my credit card company and get the temporary authorization taken off my card.

Same thing happened to me, firstly this really shouldn't be possible IMO, they get all your personal details first which they should cache on their end before they process the CC, I would think this would be standard.

This was my first order with [email protected] and as I had read about the delays in getting email confirmations etc I saw the CC Authorisation and just assumed all was good. Days later I still had nothing so called, sure enough no trace of any order at their end.

I was not pleased, after multiple emails & phone calls plus having to get the CC Authorisation ID from my bank, they believed me that I had placed an order but couldn't do anything for me other then put a Crawler on backorder with no guarantee that I would get one as they had sold out.

They have sent me a mini mech poly bag though, but I hope my order gets fulfilled, with all the talk of restocks maybe it will.

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,248
    ^I had a bizarre situation with [email protected] last Christmas season, I ordered a Minecraft when it came back in stock for a brief window along with a cement truck to get free shipping. Order arrived in a couple of days but it was almost a month later before my credit card was charged and VIP points awarded. You wouldn't think it would be that difficult to process the charges properly.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    ^ Very interesting.

Not sure how it is with CC's, but I am pretty sure the U.S. law with checkcards is that the company has 48 hours to process the transaction or they forfeit payment. Makes sense, you know. They don't bill you and don't bill you, then outta the blue they say - Oh yeah, you now owe us $$$.$$

I mean, what if 3, 6, 9 months had passed? Surely there is some deadline they have to meet.
    cloaked7 said:

^ Very interesting.

Not sure how it is with CC's, but I am pretty sure the U.S. law with checkcards is that the company has 48 hours to process the transaction or they forfeit payment. Makes sense, you know. They don't bill you and don't bill you, then outta the blue they say - Oh yeah, you now owe us $$$.$$

I mean, what if 3, 6, 9 months had passed? Surely there is some deadline they have to meet.

They also are not supposed to charge your credit card until your item is shipped. My transaction was on my credit card for almost a week until it was taken off.

• BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited August 2013
    Not sure what happens elsewhere but here they do a pre-Authorisation which basically means that there is a pending transaction for the amount charged, the vendor has up to ten days to actually process anywhere up to that amount. During this time you can not use those funds, it is taken from your avaliable ballance. Car hire companies use this feature all the time.

Funny thing is that you will be told "we do not actually take payment" but practically it's no real difference as taking the payment and then refunding you, because you can not actually use those funds.
    Pitfall69
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    When I ordered my 41999 crawlers(debit Visa card) the money was charged immediately, then it was put back until the sets shipped...
  • LootefiskLootefisk Member Posts: 67
    It's called putting a "hold" on your credit card. Rental companies, hotels etc. do this all the time.