Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Star Wars 2014

Comments

• woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    ^ If only my 6 minutes of edit time hadn't elapsed I would go back and change all the 'get slated' to 'poo'd upon' :)
    TheLoneTensorjasor
  • 91stlegotrooper91stlegotrooper Member Posts: 92

It's not Palpatine in the Vulture Droid set. it is a Neimodian warrior.

I think it is actually the captain of the Invisible Hand.

• prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,550

It's not Palpatine in the Vulture Droid set. it is a Neimodian warrior.

I think it is actually the captain of the Invisible Hand.

The label beneath the figure says "Neimodian Warrior".

• PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,228
    edited August 2013
    tensor said:

^I'm not quite sure I know what you mean by "get slated" and casual googling has failed me. From the context, I'm thinking it means something along the lines of "poo'd upon."

'get slated' generally means 'get attacked' (verbally)
    I know but look at the clothes and the hat. It appears to be the captain.

I know but look at the clothes and the hat. It appears to be the captain.

And what does a Neimodian warrior wear that you can ascertain the difference? ;-)

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    As @CapnRex101 mentioned to me, it could very well be Tey How.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tey_How
    I was thinking it was Lushros Dofine
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lushros_Dofine
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,356
    ^ Agreed, that would make more sense, although he/she is definitely wearing goggles by the looks of it.

Either way, it certainly is not a Neimodian Warrior: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Neimoidian_Gunnery_Battalion
    ^ Neimodian Warrior? aren't they supposed to be a cowardly species? :-)
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,274
    ^ So are the French but they have a military. lol j/k
    FurrysaurusrancorbaitLegoFanTexasCapnRex10191stlegotrooperJonn420
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    People love to knock the French, and while they might have their faults...

http://www.military-today.com/navy/charles_de_gaulle_class.htm

They have real aircraft carriers, unlike the British who have toy aircraft carriers. :)

That being said, they have had tons of problems with it and really can't deploy the way the USA can. It is the only nuclear aircraft carrier built outside the USA.

Even the Soviet Union was never able to deploy a fleet of nuclear aircraft carriers, it is harder and more expensive than it looks. Russia scrapped its only nuclear carrier that was under construction in 1991 when it was only 20% completed.

And we have 12 of them. :)
    MasterBeefy
    ^ They have it. Do they use it or is it just for show? =/
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,156
    I bet that French Aircraft carrier has 1 forward and 6 reverse gears. :P
    91stlegotrooperGothamConstructionCo
    ^ no need for reverse gears if you never go anywhere with it in the first place.
    They've always known they've been cowardly. USA/Germany and plenty of others have the Eagle, GB/Netherlands and others have Lions, France has a yellow chicken!

I work for a French company, and most of the Frenchies that I see in their own territory are tossers, although the ones based in our site mellow out quite quickly. And they're making us redundant, citing a patent cliff (pharma) whilst opening a brand new site in South Africa that will make most of our products. Not a fan of the French!
  • ThegoThego UKMember Posts: 264
    Well, this has all turned a bit unsavoury.
    jasorLegoFanTexasvitreolumhantot
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,357
    edited August 2013
    LegoFanTexasplasmodium
    I lived in France for a year. C'etait magnifique. Also, how 'bout them 2014 Star Wars sets? I like the Kashyyyk Troopers but probably not the silly new launcher guns.
    91stlegotrooperbluemodern
    That was all uncalled for. I was saying something nice about the French and it got turned around.
    If it wasn't for the French, the United States would still be a British colony.
    LegoFanTexasMasterBeefycheshirecatFurrysaurus
    At first, when I saw all new comments on this thread from the home page I thought maybe there was some new images or something. :-P
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223

They have real aircraft carriers, unlike the British who have toy aircraft carriers. :)

I'll have you know we have no aircraft carriers, merely helicopter assault ships. We are getting a pair of nice looking Queen Elizabeth class aircraft carriers, bets on how late and how over budget can be left to the imagination of anyone who knows anything about British military procurement projects.
    LegoFanTexas
    Should we change the thread title to "French wars 2014"?
  • LegoLego Member Posts: 62
    The storm troopers battle pack will have emperor royal guard X2
    Confirmed
    Commander Neyo will also be released
    "Microfighters will replace the planet series.
    Turbo Tank confirmed
    If you need any other info just ask
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,368
    Lego, what you're saying is completely pointless as we have pictures. I see they have been removed from the source, so if anyone needs them, I can provide a link to them.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,770
    Thanks for posting, but we already have this info from the photos that were leaked yesterday.
    edited August 2013
    To keep with Star Wars 2014 and not French Wars, the minifigures are excellent but the sets themselves seem sort of a let down. If I had a choice, I would choose 2005 General Grievous wheel bike over the 2014 version. The new blaster are pretty upsetting. They may be able to shoot but but they look awful.
    Oh sorry guys didn't know they were leaked before.
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 1,018

They have real aircraft carriers, unlike the British who have toy aircraft carriers

We've got two 'proper' ones on order....they did debate cancelling them due to the financial crisis, but apparently it would cost more to buy ourselves out of the contract than to continue! Unfortunately we won't be able to afford to buy any aircraft for them, but at least they'll look nice :-)

• AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,701
    edited August 2013
    I saw the Star Wars 2014 sets last night on flickr, they are not all that.

The recruitment line is really bad except the X-Wing and Millennium Falcon (Small chunky spaceships with a minifigures sitting on them) Below is an example:
    SW.jpg 302.7K
  • TheCableGuyTheCableGuy Member Posts: 114
    @Adzbadboy I don't know what you've been looking at on flickr but aside from the fact that these are not Lego that "example" you've posted is nothing like the new sets - there isn't even a Jedi Star Fighter.

Have you not got something more constructive to do?
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,701
    edited August 2013
    @TheCableGuy, I didn't want to upload the watermarked images of the sets, so I gave a example compared to the Star Wars, Jedi Force toys.

Brickset Rule: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/6642/leaked-confidential-pictures#latest
  • red5red5 Member Posts: 7
    Seems pretty constructive to me, the pic is just an example of the chibi style.
    AdeelZubair
  • TheCableGuyTheCableGuy Member Posts: 114
    ^ We already know what chibi Star Wars Lego looks like though from landspeeder and sith infiltrator tins etc .

I appreciate that we can not post watermarked images but why bother posting an image that is not either Lego nor is it relevant to the new sets as there is not a jedi starfighter in the range?
    AdeelZubair
  • red5red5 Member Posts: 7
    Same answer - it's just an example of chibi. True, the exclusive sets you mention make a better example, but it's not a big deal.
    AdeelZubair
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    I was reading a review on Ewok village and they show a biker scout without his helmet. The face sort of looks like Jango Fett. So are all of the stormtroopers in Episode IV supposedly all clones too or are they "normal recruits" like they always seemed to be? I never really made the connection before.

(And posting those pictures above just makes you look like you don't know what Lego is.) :}
  • TncatsfanTncatsfan Member Posts: 92
    Geez, I get the point @adzbadboy. You were just showing a similar product. Don't let these guys get to you. I see the similarity. Figures fitting in a scaled down version of a vehicle associated with them.
    AdeelZubairbinaryeyered5bluemodernjasor
    Lego said:

Confirmed

That's a shame. Why not just put one in the battlepack and encourage you to buy more, Seems a poor army builder choice - who will need 4/6/8/10 emperors guards? Would've been far better for all to see one Royal guard, 1 storm trooper, 1 imperial deathstar gunner and 1 imperial deathstar trooper.

I was reading a review on Ewok village and they show a biker scout without his helmet. The face sort of looks like Jango Fett. So are all of the stormtroopers in Episode IV supposedly all clones too or are they "normal recruits" like they always seemed to be? I never really made the connection before.

Stormtroopers are a mix of clones and regular recruits. That is why they are not as good as clone troopers.

Lego said:

Confirmed

That's a shame. Why not just put one in the battlepack and encourage you to buy more, Seems a poor army builder choice - who will need 4/6/8/10 emperors guards? Would've been far better for all to see one Royal guard, 1 storm trooper, 1 imperial deathstar gunner and 1 imperial deathstar trooper.

One of each trooper would make more sense but in my opinion Lego really struck out with these new sets. Also, the new force pike for the Royal guard looks rather bad. I think Lego was better off with a black spear.

Stormtroopers are a mix of clones and regular recruits. That is why they are not as good as clone troopers.

Actually, neither is quite true...

The GAR (Grand Army of the Republic) was created using Kamino cloning technology which took 10 years to produce a soldier, during that time, proper training was performed that produced a nearly perfect combat soldier.

However only about 3 million GAR Kamino clones were ever produced, and over 1/3 of them were lost during the war.

To support the Emperor's new Empire, a lot more clones would be required, so during the Clone Wars, Palpatine secretly commissioned a second clone army, much larger than the GAR, using Spaarti cloning technology. This produced clones in just 1 year, but because they were flash memory trained, they were of very poor quality.

The first copies of these clones were sent into battle near the end of the Clone Wars to test them, and they performed very poorly.

10 years after the Clone Wars (9 years before "A New Hope"), the clones on Kamino rose up and rebelled against the Empire.

By the time of "A New Hope", the Empire had started to recruit regular people into the Imperial Army to replace the clones.

So the Stormtroopers you see in "A New Hope" are a mix of old GAR clones, new Spaarti clones, and normal recruits, which is why some are elite, some are good and some suck.

Ironically, it was Grand Admiral Thrawn that figured out the problem. You need to cut the clones off from the Force when growing them to avoid the problems of rapid flash memory training, but that requires the use of ysalamiri to block the Force, something Palpatine was unlikely to want anything to do with.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,331
    You do realise it's just a made up story right? ;)
    Tncatsfanred5LegoFanTexasjasorFurrysaurusdougts
    ^Lies!! Star Wars is a documentary and the events happened in real time.
    91stlegotrooperjasorFurrysaurus

So the Stormtroopers you see in "A New Hope" are a mix of old GAR clones, new Spaarti clones, and normal recruits, which is why some are elite, some are good and some suck.

Where in the original trilogy are any that don't suck?
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,770
    edited August 2013
    prof1515 said:

"And these blast points. Too accurate for Sand People. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise."

They don't suck when it moves the plot along. :)
    khmellymelred5jasorFurrysaurus
    I'm surprised @Pitfall69 hasn't said anything about the French yet ;-)
    binaryeye said:

prof1515 said:

"And these blast points. Too accurate for Sand People. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise."

They don't suck when it moves the plot along. :)
    Since it's not on-screen, for all we know those few shots constitute a mere percentage of the ones that flew right past a SLOW-MOVING sandcrawler.