Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11

Comments

• jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    4 Lady Robots, 4 Scientists....does the robolady count toward female distribution numbers?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,592
    ^ Yes.

It is interesting if you take out the non-human ones ...

1 male
    2 -
    3 female
    4 -
    5 male
    6 -
    7 -
    8 -
    9 male
    10 male
    11 female
    12 male
    13 female
    14 female
    15 male
    16 -

Giving a 6-4 distribution.

Whereas go back to
    S1 11-2 (and that's missing out zombie)
    S2: 13-3
    S3 10-3 (including elf)
    etc

So equal numbers of male and female characters are almost there within the human ones. Of course these are then skewed, presumably as they are aimed more at boys than girls, such that the female ones occur with lower frequency.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,074
    To me the overall ratio is 'ok',but it's kinda annoying that the "sports-dude" (parachute in S10 and climber in S11) comes x6 in a box,i guess nobody really want these so make them x2 per box and people would pick them up to complete their collection!
    TheLoneTensoryys4u
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Diggydoes said:

To me the overall ratio is 'ok',but it's kinda annoying that the "sports-dude" (parachute in S10 and climber in S11) comes x6 in a box,i guess nobody really want these so make them x2 per box and people would pick them up to complete their collection!

Agreed, but at the very least, the climber is 2-5x more interesting than the skydiver was.
    ^ definitely agree there. The skydiver doesnt even come with a parachute. Maybe that's why there were so many quantities. They get their one jump, and that's it.
    carlqlucianmurphquakeicey117
  • boba_jagoda2boba_jagoda2 Member Posts: 25
    Just picked up 3 of them at LEGO store Germany - Tiki, Yeti, Bavarian.
    I was told they got them today. Also the new castle line is in.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    edited August 2013
    skimmed the review and honestly I hate the distribution of a few of the figures. the robot girl, probably the least liked figure by people has 4 slots but the saxophone guy and tiki guy, 2 highly desired figures only has 2.

Then the welder and rock climber figure, 2 figures I've yet to see people openly want, have 6 a piece.

I think the parachute would of been a bigger hit if they wouldn't of used a 1 sided face and lime green color. I like lime green but in this case, it doesn't look right.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,407
    I need at least a few welders to work on my trains and to keep the track maintained.
    I also want 3-4 welders.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,052
    I'm looking at the distribution right now and I think we have more females than before which is good but this only makes me reminisce to when I was but a young child and I remember getting one or two female mini figures and treating them as though they were gold! Oh how far lego has come and for the better of course! But I still am missing another updated female pirate. ; )
    andhe
    ^updated female pirate would be so so cool!
    vitreolumyys4uicey117
    No, reminders of Cutthroat Island, noooooooooo!
    jasoricey117
    edited August 2013
    ^ DONTCHOO be hatin' on Geena Davis!! :P
    gifinimmargot
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^^ I liked that movie. Acting it in was horrible but it was entertaining.
  • davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 808
    Just noticed that they've updated the images of the minifigures on the LEGO website:

http://minifigures.lego.com/en-us/default.aspx

However... they're showing Mr. Gold on the initial "Home" page as if he's part of Series 11. Odd. The optimist in me wants to believe that maybe LEGO is putting him in select boxes of Series 11 as well, but the pessimist in me says that it's just a way to keep Mr. Gold on the home page, front-and-center, while still previewing the new lineup.

DaveE
    It definitely says "Mr Gold Series 11" for me, but then links to series 10 if you click him.
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    For those interested Brick Fanatics are holding a worldwide CMF Postcard Diorama Contest with winner getting a full set of Series 11.

Here is blub
    With over 10 series since 2010 the LEGO Collectable Minifigures have have been a busy bunch, so as they make way for the new crew of Series 11, they’re heading off on their holidays. To celebrate the upcoming release of Series 11 we’ve teamed up with our friends at The Minifigures Store to offer you a chance to win a full set of Series 11 CMF Minifigures, plus runners up prizes.

All you need to do is create a diorama that captures any of the Minifigures from Series 1-10 (plus the Team GB Olympic ones), enjoying their time off on their holidays. Maybe they have gone back home, having a chill on the beach or visiting a famous monument. Let your creative juices flow and build an 8×16 postcard scene, then upload your creation to our special contest Flickr group. You have until September 1st to get your Collectible Minifigures Postcard Diorama complete. Full rules can be found below.
    http://brickfanatics.co.uk/cmf-postcard-diorama-contest/
    kezGothamConstructionCo
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    Any word on when we should be able to get these stateside?
    I'd love to use em towards the Sept poly if possible.
  • KazJYKazJY Member Posts: 67

Any word on when we should be able to get these stateside?
    I'd love to use em towards the Sept poly if possible.

I am stopping at a Lego store today (US, Chicagoland). I'll check and post back here if they have them in. I was told "Sept" last time I was in, and also wanted to use this toward the Sept poly promo. It's going to be hard to wait if they have them in (my list only grows, so something's gotta give sooner or later!)

FenrisAkashi
  • KazJYKazJY Member Posts: 67
    Was at the Schaumburg, IL store today - still told "September" for Series 11.
  • FenrisAkashiFenrisAkashi Member Posts: 242
    @KazJY Thanks for the tip!
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 818
    Went to my local whsmiths today and I picked up 2 figures at random. I shall be going back in tomorrow as they had lots of boxes and its the daily mail promo so I shall be feeling the packages to hopefully get the other 14 I require (I got the female scientist and the barbarian) :-D
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    Picked some up from The Entertainer in Liverpool today - according to a member of staff another store decided to put some out early so they all have.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    ^ Uxbridge Entertainer didn't have them out today, either that or I didn't see them.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    Lego really should slow down. In about 8 months, we've had 2 series plus #3 for the year cranking up plus it looks like a confirmed that series 12 will be made up of movie minifigures and that could very well show up by the end of the year if lego wanted.

Its getting to the point that some people are having problems completing the series since it's being rushed now.
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439

Lego really should slow down. In about 8 months, we've had 2 series plus #3 for the year cranking up plus it looks like a confirmed that series 12 will be made up of movie minifigures and that could very well show up by the end of the year if lego wanted.

Its getting to the point that some people are having problems completing the series since it's being rushed now.

It's no more rushed than before. It has always been 3 series / year.

I agree though that two series / year would be completely enough.
    ^ They kind of straddle the year end/beginning with that third series, though...right?
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    I don't think it makes a difference in pace if one of the three is usually released in late Dec / early Jan. But maybe you meant something else. Sorry, I'm not in top form now.
    I just went into my whsmiths, I got 16 minifigures and I hope I have got a full set as I spent a while feeling for them. The best thing is that I got 2 five pound off vouchers from buying 2 papers for the lone ranger do I ended up getting 16 for 22 pounds which was a bargain imo. :-D
    Oh no I ended up getting all but one which was the roller skater waitress, I got her confused with the scientist because of the conical flasks, I will surely keep an eye out later for when I go back out and get her (I got 3 ginger bread men, they are awesome and I was tempted to get some more yetis but 1 seemed enough, as much as I did like them though). Now I am only 1 away from completing series 11, I guess 30 minutes of feeling wasnt too bad for that. :-D
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 542
    Almost bought some from The Entertainer in Westfield Shepherds Bush, but decided against it at the last minute. Would have ended up with two Policemen, a Diner Waitress, Barbarian and an Island Warrior (chosen at random).
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,306
    Just wondering if anyone that has these already knows the commonality of the figs in the set
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,074

Just wondering if anyone that has these already knows the commonality of the figs in the set

Checkout eurobricks,they always do a box-breakdown/review!

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    @madforLEGO the breakdown is on page 4 of this thread. I copied it over from Eurobricks.
  • FoxyA19FoxyA19 Member Posts: 124
    Hey guys, so the new minifgs have hit the stores, I already have 8, how many have you guys got already.
    I just picked up 8 random ones. First time I have done it truly random since I think series 6.

My local WHS had two open boxes that had been clearly picked through, so I opened a fresh box underneath to guarantee randomness. I also picked 8 packets in a row.

My haul:

3x female scientist
    3x female robot
    1x barbarian
    1x mountain rescue

I'm glad I am not a 6 year old boy. I would have been rather unhappy!
    murphquake
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 542
    So I ended up buying some, and I'm only missing the Diner Waitress and Gingerbread Man.
  • LeonCLeonC United KingdomMember Posts: 364
    CCC said:

I just picked up 8 random ones. First time I have done it truly random since I think series 6.

My local WHS had two open boxes that had been clearly picked through, so I opened a fresh box underneath to guarantee randomness. I also picked 8 packets in a row.

My haul:

3x female scientist
    3x female robot
    1x barbarian
    1x mountain rescue

From feeling through previous series boxes it does seem like they pack like figures next to each other, at least since the new distributions came in. Looks like your haul somewhat confirms this. Which is why I didn't even bother when in Smiths yesterday - I'll wait till they show up in Tescos then I can feel them up at my leisure :-)

And I can understand your imagined displeasure - according to my 5 year old boy, girls are rubbish!

• wainwribwainwrib Member Posts: 22
    LeonC said:

From feeling through previous series boxes it does seem like they pack like figures next to each other, at least since the new distributions came in. Looks like your haul somewhat confirms this. Which is why I didn't even bother when in Smiths yesterday - I'll wait till they show up in Tescos then I can feel them up at my leisure :-)

I agree with that - I bought a box, both grandmas in the left column, all elves in the right, welders only in left and middle, 3 of the 4 robots in the right. Seems like there is some minor randomisation but a few too many of the same figure close together to feel like a totally random spread (although someone with more knowledge of probability may blow this theory out of the water).

I've bought boxes for series 4, 5 and 6 then 10 and 11 and the earlier ones never gave me the sense of pattern whereas I deffo got that with 10 and 11.

• prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    edited August 2013
    CCC said:

My haul:

3x female scientist
    3x female robot
    1x barbarian
    1x mountain rescue

Really? Aside from the robots male or female, I haven't been impressed by the clockwork ones), I think I'd have been delighted at age 6 to have gotten that assortment. Female figures were always such a rarity and are still underrepresented to such an extent that they're almost always welcome (to say nothing of the flasks which are always useful in numbers).
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^^ The only time I bought a box was series 3, and that was far from random IIRC. It was a something like: 3 of one figure, 4 of another, 3 of another, 2 of another, and the same kind of thing repeated through the 3 rows.
  • wainwribwainwrib Member Posts: 22
    ^ Perhaps I was so excited to get my first box I just started pulling them out from anywhere and thought it was random. I'm far more methodical now!
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    It would be very difficult to pack them randomly if they were conforming to a set number of each.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @CCC i would have been stoked to get those.... actually of the 3 im least interested in the barbarian
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @wainwrib ive seen people post schematics of where the figs are in their box, they tend to be pretty accurate, but that doesn't last long. After going through so many S10 figs I have a vague idea of where some of the less common figs may be but i just let my fingers do the walking

@CCC i would have been stoked to get those.... actually of the 3 im least interested in the barbarian

Fortunately the ones I don't like others do, so it is (was) easy to get rid of them.
    ^Normally that works, yet here I sit on too many parachute guys and motorcycle mechanics.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    Has anyone seen them in the US yet? I'm still anxiously awaiting this series to arrive in my local stores.
    tensor said:

^Normally that works, yet here I sit on too many parachute guys and motorcycle mechanics.

That's a bad habit to have, unless that's your thing ;)

I'm jealous of all this CMFness goings on. I'm ready for them to hit my state. The scarecrow is definitely on my list. If anyone gets one soon, give me their opinion. I'm curious....