Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Wal-Mart mid-year clearance/shelf reset

Comments

• BrixyBrixy United statesMember Posts: 57
    Mine had the tree house and the car as well. Also duplo snow white.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    edited August 2013
    i saw following @ one store and they have plenty. i did not buy any but if anyone wants and is going to pay for shipping i can do that. ps there is tax as well :P

#9471 $21
    #9498 $21
    #9490 $13
    #9491 $13
    #9488 $9
    #9489 $9
    #79001 $21
    #6868 $35

they basically are moving entire older sets to clearance in the endcap.

btw, they also had #9497 @25 but i did not see any around. not sure if any was left.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Superman Black Hero Escape-$5
    Wolfman-$5
    X-wing -&20

My first ever Walmart score!
    Zonlego9394
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    You guys are killing me. All I've found is a $7 Star Wars Planet set. That same Wal mart still has two Ghost Trains scanning at the full $80 MSRP. I seem to be in a clearance free zone or something.
    ^i walked in right as she was pricing them
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    @starwarfan77 What area are you in?
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    So the sale has been going on for a little over a week now...I can tell you that from the 4 WM's in my area that hardly anything is moving. The same sets I saw last week for sale are still warming the shelves...dust and all. I have asked at each store when they were going to be marked down again and each time I get told that what you see is what you will get. They arent planning on marking things down any further. I am still finding stacks of Sith Infiltraitors,Mines and Unexpected Gatherings. I did find some Batcaves for $45.
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    Bought Unexpected Gathering for $49, Xwing for $20, and Urak Hai Army for $11 today at the one WM that's a bit smaller than others in my area.

Christmas in August :D
    Thanos75
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    @jasor @margot #9493 for $20? wow that's a score... :P can i get few.. 2 would be good :P
    jasor
  • AsterickedAstericked Member Posts: 36
    Does anyone know if you can do a Ship to Store for a set, and get the clearance price attached to set? (The current store is out of stock on $67 Jabba's Palace.)
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,264
    ^ I'm not sure there is a way to ship to store without paying for it first.

@jasor @margot #9493 for $20? wow that's a score... :P can i get few.. 2 would be good :P

There was only one at my store or I would get you a couple.

• GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I wish I could find a Black Zero Escape for $5 or a Malevolence at $64. My local Walmart only has them down to $17. Another Walmart had 3 Batcaves, but they were at the $69.99 price. If I could find it or the Avengers Quinjet at $45 I would buy them immediately, as well as the Two Face Escape if I saw it at $25.
    Bat cave-$35
    Attack of the Wargs-$10
    ckenda1
  • ckenda1ckenda1 Member Posts: 121
    ^ nice @margot! Any more left that you can snag and ship me? :)
    ^sorry, they only had 2 of each.
    fyi-I found the Batcaves in the bicycle aisle and the Wargs were up front by the register in a $10 shopping cart. I wouldn't have seen them had the cashier not mentioned them. So clearance items are kind of popping up all over.
    Also I've seen several Walmarts setting up clearance aisles in their Lawn and Garden sections, but no good deals there yet. Looks like they are coming though.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    I was able to grab these:

#9500 Sith Interceptor - $49
    #9515 Malevolence - $64
    #79001 Mirkwood Spiders - $21
    #9471 Uruk-Hai Army - $21
    #79002 Attack of the Wargs - $35

A couple stores each had stacks of Unexpected Gatherings ($49) and Goblin Kings (69) left. I also found the Batwing set for $35 and a couple City sets for 25% off.
  • jlbbluejlbblue Member Posts: 54
    @margot is this the Middletown store? Was there a few days ago and nothing was on clearance.
    @jlbblue Yes, at Middletown and I think Hurstbourne and Springhurst will follow in a few days. Springhurst has a bunch of x-wings at $40 and none of their reductions are marked
    Walmarts in my area are all clearing out the shelves today. Looks like the real clearance should be anytime between now and tues/weds.
    Waiting to be tagged, such a tease...

• samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,348
    @margot- Grab the shopping cart and just take it with you everywhere in Walmart.

Eventually someone will stop you and tag them, and you'll be all ready to go!

They are open 24/7 aren't they? Tents for camping out in the middle of the floor should be in aisle 8. ;o)
    @samiam391 Stop, I'm already fidgeting wanting to get in the car every 5 minutes... I have to keep reminding myself I'm not a reseller, I'm not a reseller, I'm not a reseller.... I already have a Gungan sub, I already have a $20 X-wing, I don't need any more LOTR etc etc...
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    I was surprised to find at one Wal-mart that instead of clearing out many of the sets they just expanded the Lego to the other side of the aisle! When I asked about things on clearance, a gentleman showed me a few sets on clearance, like planet sets and Sith fury class spaceship. I consoled myself with the thought that the sets that I wanted may go on clearance after Christmas with a bigger discount.
    @malachirobertson -do they have all the new Chima and Star Wars sets out? If not, then they still need to make room. The Walmarts I've gone to have also expanded out to both aisles but they are still going to clearance. Who knows how much stock is in the back that needs to go too.
  • vader34mtvader34mt Member Posts: 88
    edited August 2013
    Totally bummed i missed the boat...went to Walmart today, they had a red tag on the shelf for Unexpected Gathering for 35 bucks! but none left

wish i wouldve been able to snag that
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,348

I was surprised to find at one Wal-mart that instead of clearing out many of the sets they just expanded the Lego to the other side of the aisle! When I asked about things on clearance, a gentleman showed me a few sets on clearance, like planet sets and Sith fury class spaceship. I consoled myself with the thought that the sets that I wanted may go on clearance after Christmas with a bigger discount.

I was told the same last week, and I went yesterday to check it out. Instead of clearanc-ing any sets (in total a sith interceptor, 2 creator sets, and 1 planet set were discounted... woohoo), they've expanded their LEGO aisle to a double aisle. That way they can fit the sets every other WM has discounted, as well as all the new additions.

Which means more sets to drool over, but no discounts to actually purchase them at.
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,187
    edited August 2013
    @margot is the 50% off mark down starting now?

Sorry I'm new to Wallys summer clearance cycle :)
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Cycle? You mean irremediably knotted skein!
    binaryeyemargot
  • BrixyBrixy United statesMember Posts: 57
    My walmart has mostly expanded the Lego aisle too. They even brought out sets that the had clearances before at rrp (quin jet and wolverine chopper, fire plane). I've never seen it so full of Lego. There are a few star wars sets and the first wave lotr except for the army on sale. Still hoping the giant pile of weathertop get further discounted.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    Strange things happening at a Walmart near me. They are clearing out most sets including sets that were released in January this year. This included Galaxy Squad, TMNT, and Star Wars. I then looked at the LEGO aisle and they had the new shelf plan taped to the shelf which showed the same TMNT and Star Wars sets that are now clearanced as well as The Lone Ranger sets of which this particular Walmart has never had any.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    edited August 2013
    My grabs today
    2 batwing over Gotham for $12
    2 attack on weather top for $19
    1 bat cave for 20
    And a millennium falcon for $70

What is weird I was there two days ago and didnt see a MF on any self, and most of the sets where gone off the shelfs. I found MF at the front of the store in a rack and I saw the guy marking them down and ask him what else he had. But there were unexpected gathering that was mark down two days ago back at full price.
    margot
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    margot said:

@samiam391 Stop, I'm already fidgeting wanting to get in the car every 5 minutes... I have to keep reminding myself I'm not a reseller, I'm not a reseller, I'm not a reseller.... I already have a Gungan sub, I already have a $20 X-wing, I don't need any more LOTR etc etc...

Ok ok you are not a reseller @margot, how about grabbing some sets for us folks and sell them at cost :P
  • jlbbluejlbblue Member Posts: 54
    @margot if I was in town, we could take shifts pushing the cart until the markdown. I promise I would give you your part if I was the one there when the discounts came.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Anyone find any good discounts on the Avengers Quinjet #6869 ?

That's the one set I'm really hoping gets discounted at a store near me...
  • TinKnockerHimesTinKnockerHimes Member Posts: 76
    Only one of six walmarts I hit had Marvel on sale, quinjet was $40, hellicarrier was $30, and out of all I went they were marked down on the regular aisle shelves, not out on the setup tables with the rest of the discounted sets
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Found everything I was looking for today. :o)

All at full price. :o(
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    My main Walmart has finished their reset. They had very little on clearance since they have expanded their Lego area. They have expanded from from one side of a long aisle to a side and a half. They are stocking almost all of the "normal" sets that Walmart sells.
    yys4u said:

Anyone find any good discounts on the Avengers Quinjet #6869 ?

That's the one set I'm really hoping gets discounted at a store near me...

I have seen it at $49, but not very commonly. Maybe 2 out of 10 stores.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ But this set has been heavily discounted on Amazon & Walmart for the past year. Anything lower than $49 is a rare exception and its $53 now on Amazon. I just don't see it as being realistic to expect to find discounts greater than 30% right now.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 793
    edited August 2013
    This past week I hit several Wally Worlds and Targets and found a ton at a great deal and am sharing my finds with friends and LUGmates. I don't need 7 copies of the Warg Attack or 4 copies of Unexpected Gathering but my friends and I could use them.

Lots of people reporting finds here. Some are holding onto their finds for birthday gifts, some for resell, some helping out other Bricksetters and some for friends. It is good to see others sharing their finds with the community here on Brickset and ITRW with others.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,869
    All of this talk makes me want to do a run on the Walmarts in the area.
    But that is tempered by the thought of wasting gas and being frustrated by idiots on the road all for possibly nothing.
    Dougout
    ^Yeah, I would say if you haven't made the run yet it's probably futile, depending on the AFOL levels in your area.
    So I went to one Walmart today and all the stuff in the clearance aisle was pretty much at the regular price. So I asked the sales guy to work a deal for me since all the other Walmarts are doing 50-70% off and he did. He gave me these prices

X-wings-$20
    Goblin King battle/Mines or Moria -$30
    Wargs- $15
    Stunt plane -$5
    Weathertop -$5 (because the seals were popped but pretty sure it's all in there)

• sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    edited August 2013
    I got a few deals this last weekend. 9516 for $64 and the 9515 for $54, also the WM exclusive Spidey and Doc Ock 6873 for 30% off, but just one of each.
    ^Yeah, I left most of it behind. Got one Goblin King Battle, 2 Wargs for someone here who requested them, one stunt plane for my son, a $5 Weathertop... BUT I did take all 4 X-wings. (left all of the Gungan subs behind but just realized should have taken a few for the Amidala minfig)
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    I found a Quinjet for $35.48.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    ^^Those are great prices, Gobling King for $30, wow. I don't think I would pass on any of that if an employee did that for me.
  • odshowtimeodshowtime Member Posts: 49
    Our here in Durant Oklahoma I finally found the motorbike transport I've been looking for. happy days
  • LegoLego Member Posts: 62
    didn't the stunt plane just release.
    ^I think so. But they moved them to the clearance lawn and garden area and have them "red tagged" at $19.99. You can see 5 of them on the top of that cart in the picture I posted-guess they just didn't have any room on the shelves for them.