Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Lego 75013 Star Wars Umbaran MHC - $19.99 Amazon (60% off)

ckenda1ckenda1 Member Posts: 121
edited July 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Star-Wars-75013-Umbaran/dp/B00AZL3TLQ

Amazon.com has the Umbaran MHC @ 60% OFF. Enjoy!

Comments

• psychopuppetpsychopuppet Member Posts: 71
    Just tried to order keep getting "We're sorry. The item Lego Star Wars 75013 Umbaran MHC is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page." when I hit add to cart with amazon as the seller.
  • ckenda1ckenda1 Member Posts: 121
    I snagged 1. I guess someone else bought a bunch or Amazon didn't have a bunch. I took a screenshot and attached to prove it was legit.
  • galahad2309galahad2309 Member Posts: 33
    Price jumps to $60+ when I add it to my cart... :(
    Amazon is out of their stock it seems. Went fast!
    I am not entirely sure I care for the set, so if anyone wants it, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks!
  • psychopuppetpsychopuppet Member Posts: 71
    Yeah it came up at first ,but just would not let me add it to my cart. Like to have gotten one . Guess I was not fast enough. Thanks though.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,242
    Me too, OOS :(
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    Interesting - thought this was a Target exclusive?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,359
    ^yeah it is, means a 3rd party person was supplying them. Hopefully it wasn't a dropshipping scheme.
  • GoldfreekGoldfreek USA, California, SacramentoMember Posts: 96
    I was just able to place an order for one but no more then that. I hope that it actually works and I get it.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    I just got one as well. This is bizarre. It *is* a target exclusive, and this was $19.99 *from* Amazon, not a 3rd party.
    We'll see what happens!
    It was shipped and sold by Amazon, see the screenshot I posted and the one that Bandit posted. No dropshipping scheme here. It came back in stock very briefly it seems late last night (a few hours after I posted the deal). Congrats to everyone that snagged one.
    edited July 2013
    My delivery estimate says next Wed July 31st. I'll post back when it arrives. I have Prime, but it did say to allow 1-2 extra business days for processing.
    Mine now says that it shipped with Tuesday, July 30 delivery.
    Mine shipped today as well and will arrive tomorrow via USPS. :)
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    It will be interesting to see what arrives.
    I am sure it will be exactly what I ordered considering it came from Amazon.
    It might be... but it also might be an error in their system, it happens from time to time...

It isn't something that Amazon.com is allowed to sell directly, it is a Target exclusive, and the price is way wrong to boot.

Anyway, update us on what shows up, it will be interesting. :)
    I guess anything is possible, but we'll see. It says it should arrive tomorrow so I will post pics then!
    And it arrived!! :)
    LegoManiaccmargotthenosroxioLegoFanTexasYellowcastlekhmellymel
    Wild... thanks for the update...

Would be interesting to see if TLG notices this and asks Amazon how they are selling this store exclusive... :)

Oh well, good on you...
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Perhaps Target gave up the rights? Perhaps the exclusivity ran out? Weve seen this before with the Dwarf Mine and Train sets.
    Perhaps, but not at 60% off... Amazon would have had the proper MSRP there and shown the discount.

The whole thing appears to be an error on their part. Someone sent in commingled inventory, it was "lost" in the warehouse, then found, so they had to create a listing for it.

That is what I suspect happened.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^ That makes more sense when you factor the price discrepancy.
    How Amazon sold it or had inventory in the first place is no matter. My kids will love it even though it wasn't on their Lego SW wishlist. Unless of course someone here wants it and has something my kids might want more in trade?! PM me if you do. Thanks
  • juggles7juggles7 United StatesMember Posts: 452
    I was skeptical when I first read this, but now I'm a believer. And not only that, but tonight I noticed... Amazon is selling, and I mean "sold by and ships by amazon", the #75012, the Star Wars Barc Speeder that I thought is/was a Wal-Mart exclusive. At $29.99 with free shipping, it's no bargain, though, like the Umbaran was.
    ^ No kidding, that is $5 over retail, very odd for Amazon.

This might be the same source as the first one, just 3rd party inventory that was "lost" in the warehouse, the seller was paid for it, then it was "found", becoming Amazon's property. So someone there created the listing and bob's your uncle.

Or something else, who knows... :)
  • juggles7juggles7 United StatesMember Posts: 452
    One more oddity for ya, LFT, and I want to get your take on this: Target is selling Minecraft online for $50. Of course, it's a $35 item. It's ranked 8th among their best-selling sets. Wish I could buy at wholesale, mark my items up 43% above retail and watch the buyers line up. Ironic that this is the same item that caused such a stink when small fry sellers at ebay and amazon resold them online. Target is "pulling a TRU" with this markup and dumb buyers are rewarding them for it, and probably insuring we'll see more of the same. And you say...?
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    Mine came!!

Wait, ummmm...
    ^^^ you made me check my order and my order still says Lego Star Wars 75013 Umbaran MHC , but when I click on the link for it I end up and the LEGO Star Wars Corporate Alliance Tank Droid page saying it will be released on AUG 1st. Mine should arrive tomorrow so I will report back on what I ended up with.
  • truktruk Member Posts: 46
    Well, $19.99 is RRP for the tank droid, so it looks like they meant to create a preorder page for that and ended up pulling the numbers/pics/description for the MHC.

Hopefully you can get everything back if you decide to return it...definitely their fault.
    edited July 2013
    I noticed this last night when I was checking on other Amazon orders of mine. I clicked the MHC order and it went to a page with no image, but the title had changed to the SW Corporate Alliance Tank Droid. Very odd indeed.

@Bandit, you should be able to return it and Amazon is likely to give you something extra for their error if you complain a bit. (well, if they cannot send you the correct item)
    Well I just got home and opened the package that was waiting for me and was pleasantly surprised to see the MHC inside. So I don't have to deal with any returns, and I got a good deal on the set. One of the targets in my area has it at 50% off but does not have any in stock, but this was even better then that.
    @Goldfreek -- great news for you! I hope @Bandit got his situation worked out.