Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Back to the Future Cuusoo Set

Comments

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,916
    Tncatsfan said:

So will this go on sale at midnight on the 1st, or sometime in the morning? What time does America [email protected] use?

I believe [email protected] uses EST.
    Tncatsfan
  • skeet318skeet318 Banned Posts: 375
    ^Yea! My wife went to the Lego Store yesterday looking this and was told Aug. 1. My daughter did get a black and white plush Steamboat Mickey from the Disney Store though...
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,669
    Dear Lego,
    Just go back in time and fix this spelling error!!
    skeet318
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,430
    Sold out in London.
    Lego have removed the Lego Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine (21103) listings from http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763

No doubt about it... The "Error" box/set will definitely be the set that people will want and pay crazy money for down the road..

Roads? Where those people are going, they won't need roads...
    OjikrichlsidersddLegoFanTexas
  • beebee Member Posts: 33
    Why would people want the one with the error sets? Maybe that explains why some lego stores got them before launch so they could get rid of them...
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    bee said:

Why would people want the one with the error sets? Maybe that explains why some lego stores got them before launch so they could get rid of them...

Totally agree, only value would be to own a 'first edition' collectible error, but many will enjoy that.

Some stores got them before launch solely because the release date was misadvertised as July 18.
    I just hope the people who purchased this set will get a replacement part with the correct spelling on the "Flux Capacitor" very soon..!!
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,966
    I suppose it's not the worst typo that could have happened on a flux capacitor.
    richljoel4motioncaperberryLego_Lord_MayorcaGothamConstructionCo
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    I can't believe people are bidding on these over $90 not including the shipping and other people have them(in hand) with Buy-It-now and Free shipping for $75...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,582

I can't believe people are bidding on these over $90 not including the shipping and other people have them(in hand) with Buy-It-now and Free shipping for $75...

I can.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I cant believe people are paying anything like that for an item that will be in plentiful supply in a couple of weeks. Surely LEGO will have learnt from Minecraft and wont have underproduced this set...

I cant believe people are paying anything like that for an item that will be in plentiful supply in a couple of weeks. Surely LEGO will have learnt from Minecraft and wont have underproduced this set...

If they put a limit of 1 per purchase everything will be fine. If not....Minecraft all over again
    bee said:

If they put a limit of 1 per purchase everything will be fine. If not....Minecraft all over again
    Yeah!!
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    OK, I've looked in both of the Abbreviation threads and don't see it, so could someone tell me what "IP" stands for? Initial Poster? Just popped into my head as I was typing, after racking my brain trying to figure it out.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited July 2013
    Usually it refers to Intellectual Property, as in the idea, the design, the process, etc.
    bluemodern
    tensor said:

Usually it refers to Intellectual Property, as in the idea, the design, the process, etc.

Gracias! I never would have guessed that one! :}

• LegoRoccoLegoRocco Member Posts: 100
    @bee for the same reason that people want a Leia with blob hair.
    LegoRocco said:

@bee for the same reason that people want a Leia with blob hair.

Unbelievable...I'm going to keep mine and see what happens with this misspelled error. Honestly, I can't see people going crazy over it though.
    I got mine on 18th July and I will open it on August 2nd (My birthday), just hoping Lego will provide me with replacement part soon of the "Flux Capacitor" with the correct spelling as I don't really care about the very minor error on the box as its hard to read and I don't think Lego will change the box art picture away!!
    murphquake
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 592
    It occurs to me that buying two, one with the misspelled word and one with the corrected spelling, would at the very least allow you to reap the benefits of not only the misspelling going up in value, but also having two different versions of the time machine fully assembled at any given time. Heck, buy three, and then you have one for each movie (hopefully, future minifigure torsos will be released that more closely resemble Doc and Marty's clothing in the second and third movies, so you can take your excess Doc and Martys and make them look true to the movie they are in).
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,364
    Can anyone tell me which LEGO shade of blue Marty's pants are?
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    CM4S said:

Medium blue.

• CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,364

CM4S said:

Medium blue.

Thanks.
  • PlellPlell Member Posts: 192
    There's one listed with a Buy It Now price of $88.88. Overpriced, sure, but at least they were clever about it.
    Odindusk
    If the AFOL who never opens the product purchases one, how will they know if it has the mis-spelled word or not?

If the AFOL who never opens the product purchases one, how will they know if it has the mis-spelled word or not?

Unless they fix the printing on the box I don't know if there will be a way to tell. But you need a magnifying glass to see the misprint on the back of the box anyway.

• luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    Staggering!! Not anyone with low feedback either.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370859818529?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

@adzbadboy, if I were you and it's still sealed I'd eBay it as an exclusive, buy yourself a new one on August 1st and pocket the difference!
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    I got my set yesterday at the Lego Store...they sold out right away...if your thinking about getting one my guess is they will still be scarce even after the August 1st release day. Not sure how the online sales will go. I personally am not to worked up over the spelling error...that being said if they offer a replacement part I would happily take it because the printed Flux capicator is a neat little piece to own.
    Amiko said:

Schrodinger might argue that, until the box is opened, it would have a tile that was both mis-spelled and correct... :D

Does stating the obvious make you a genius?
    Amiko said:

Schrodinger might argue that, until the box is opened, it would have a tile that was both mis-spelled and correct... :D

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* "Amiko!" *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* "Amiko!" *KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK* "Amiko!" This has something to do with a dead cat, right?

I knew that was you, toybox!
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,672
    Pick one up today at my LEGO store (they receive their shipments on Friday). They were not on display but in the back and they had a one per household limit (they also had a limit of 1 on the B-Wing/May 4th). I love that store just for that reason.
    dannyrwwkiki180703
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    I like the idea of setting limits on hard to find collectible sets.
  • AmikoAmiko Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    skeet318 said:

Amiko said:

Does stating the obvious make you a genius?
    Schrodinger doesn't merely refer to one's perceptions (as chuxtoybox discusses in his post) but to a deeper reality in terms of quantum physics (i.e. that the misspelled tile is both present and not - in a literal sense) If this is obvious, then I declare us all geniuses! Hurrah! :D

Back on topic, I got to see the set and it does look a whole lot better in hand to me. A definite buy.

I came back from my Lego Store Westfield Stratford City and they were sold out.

This shows they are being sold at 88mph!!
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,362
    Taking this back to the subject of the flux capacitor spelling error/misprint: take a look at this screen grab I took of Lego's UK PaB site.
    Now... what does that say about Lego's proofreading? :-)

(I know this pic is also posted elsewhere, also by me, but I decided to post this in the official DeLorean time machine thread, best place for it imo!)
    @TheOneVeyronian, Yeah Lego really needs to know how to spell "SHIELD"!!
  • legonickblegonickb Brighton, UKMember Posts: 57
    Got the last one from the Brighton store this morning, they said there won't get any more until the 1st
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    All out in Leeds after my visit this morning.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    i finally built mine and it is really good. the bonet still annoys me, as does the bumper. the lack of space inside i can live with. the back is just amazing and the whole build is really sturdy and just plain enjoyable. I have to admit its much better than i expected. That said its currently on display and perhaps its the angle im at but it looks like its been in a shunt, that front end aint pretty.
  • LegoRoccoLegoRocco Member Posts: 100
    Just be glad they spelled it correctly in the Avengers sets!
  • dfurndfurn Member Posts: 194
    I happened to be in the Orlando Lego store and, although I wasn't really looking for it, I noted one #21103 on the shelf with a sign 'limit of 1 set per guest'. Seeing it in person I thought it was worth a purchase. As I picked it up a lady behind me started to ask an assistant if they had any more and he said not until Monday.

I had a $5 off a $50 purchase coupon from the 'Orlando Quick Guide' but the assistant I was speaking to suggested she would try it anyhow even though the DeLorean was $34.99. To our surprise the coupon scanned as $10 off a $70 purchase, and she let it go through. So that, and the $5 of VIP points I used, meant the total cost to me was $21.81 including tax. Needless to say I'm rather pleased.
  • Rups007Rups007 Member Posts: 20
    Does anyone know why this is not available on the UK Lego site? It was a few days ago it has now dissapeared. Thanks
    edited July 2013
    @Rups007, It is going to be released worldwide on August 1st and most stores are sold out.

Lego may not want people to come across the spelling error and may be fixing the error as we speak!!
  • legofanfromleedslegofanfromleeds legoland...England Member Posts: 387
    Adzbadboy said:

@Rups007, It is going to be released worldwide on August 1st and most stores are sold out.

Lego may not want people to come across the spelling error and may be fixing the error as we speak!!

I'm hoping I'm not going to miss out on the spelling mistake.. touch wood after the launch on the 1st the box's will all be the same....well here's hopinf so
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    Will these go on sale online at midnight?
    @legofanfromleeds, Lego made 10,000 units you should still be in luck!!