Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Series 6 CMF Rumors

andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,460
edited September 2011 in Collecting
Undoubtably will disappear soon (due to the MASSIVE watermarks, but it you want to see them, there's a picture on....

Yellowcastle removed the word flickr :o) 9/8/11

Comments

• bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    Yes I got the photo as well the series 6 figs are as follows;
    Alien
    Genie
    Roman Soldier
    Statue of Liberty
    Space woman
    Female Skateborder
    A Wild West Robber
    Robot
    A Celtic warrior
    Surgeon
    Flamenco Dancer
    Minotaur
    Irish leprechaun
    Boy in PJ's with Teddy
    Butcher
    Mechanic

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,460
    ^ As the picture is a leak, and some people like a surprise, I was trying to be a bit more subtle... :P
    I would have put it in a spoiler bbcode so those who want to know could look and those that don't could not see it but this forum software does not allow for bbcodes :(
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    This will probably the best lot yet. I think I'm going to skip most of Series 4. Glad it'll give me a few months to save up.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 961
    Think I'm going to retire my CMF collecting when I'm finished Series 5. I'm getting a bit weary of the 'hunt' anyway, but the pictures of Series 6 don't motivate me to keep it going. I wish they could go a series without derivatives from previous ones.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,460
    ^ agreed. I start looking at the figures thinking "Well I could use the [accessory] somehow" rather than actually liking the figure. I'm hoping some of the hair/accesories are just place holders and that we'll see a few more original moulds/parts rather than recycling previous pieces in a different colour. The excitement starts to wear off.
  • coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    I don't agree. I think each wave of CMFs bring enough variety, while matching previous series with new ones. I think Cavewoman was a great idea to go with the Caveman from series 1, as well as the Egyptian Queen to go along the Pharaoh from Series 2, just to name two.

Other examples are the monsters on pretty much all series - all of them great for a Halloween MOC - including the mad scientist from series 4. All in all, if you put together all 5 series so far, you'll come up with a few interesting "complete" themes.

On this upcoming Series 6 there's also enough variety to keep me interested (statue of Liberty, Butcher, Roman Soldier, Mechanic, Doctor, Minotaur...), plus there's nothing wrong with getting more of the same figs just for parts, or mix and matching, I think that was one of TLG's intentions too, just look at the back of the "instructions" that come with each minifig: there's always a mix-up of elements you can use, and gives you the idea that you can exchange hats, accessories and so forth.

I've got 2 Karate Champs when series 2 came out, and swapped the head and hair on one of them with a regular minifig, and now I have two different Karate fighters. I wish I had bought more of these back then, because I'd have a full "Dojo" by now.
  • typocorrectotypocorrecto Member Posts: 196
    Just saw the pic...Where's the "Sports" CMF? I was hoping for an American football player minifig with a football. Overall, the minifigs are OK...
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 961
    ^ I guess that's the beauty of the CMFs in a way; everybody gets something different from them. Personally I keep each series on display together, so I have no interest in building armies, or putting the mounting number of skaters into a town setting, and so on. All down to personal preference.

Though having said that, I'm pretty sure I said I wouldn't collect Series 5 either. It might come down to what else is competing for attention - if both Series 6 and the DC Universe come out together in January, then I might well give the CMs a skip.
  • bluishgreybluishgrey Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the heads up, ande! I'm really diggin' alot of these..... greaser mechanic, butcher, robot, roman soldier w/excellent shield .... actually like almost all of them except for a few
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    Will the packaging be WHITE?
    ^ I guess that's the beauty of the CMFs in a way; everybody gets something different from them. Personally I keep each series on display together, so I have no interest in building armies, or putting the mounting number of skaters into a town setting, and so on. All down to personal preference.

Though having said that, I'm pretty sure I said I wouldn't collect Series 5 either. It might come down to what else is competing for attention - if both Series 6 and the DC Universe come out together in January, then I might well give the CMs a skip.
    I am like you I have a shelf just for these, I just enjoy collecting them.
  • RavenhookRavenhook Member Posts: 70
    These look wonderful even in the underexposed photo with "confidential" stamped over each of them. In the flesh, I think they'll look stunning!

At a quick count, I think there will be more personal favourites here than any earlier series. Give me pink "Barbarella" (space girl) over Fitness Girl any day. Even the Traffic Cop of the series, the Mechanic I guess, has character. All of the figs look highly detailed and exquisitely proportioned with their colourings.

I particularly like the figs that have gone "off the grid", that is, aren't the conventional humanoid shape, particularly Aladdin's Genie with lamp. He'll be great for Prince of Persia MOCs.

I can't wait for November!
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Personally I think it's the best set so far, and I really didn't think I would be saying that.