Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Powering up the Horizon Express

CaptainBasterdCaptainBasterd AustraliaMember Posts: 4
Hi everyone,

I'm new here so apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I recently purchased the Horizon Express set (10233).

I was just wondering exactly what pieces I need to enable to power functions for it? The box says I need 8878, 8887, 8884, 8879, 88002 and 8870.
Are all of these sets essential to get it going?

Also, if I were to get these, would that mean that I could run multiple trains on the same track? I'm rather confused about how it all works to be honest!

Appreciate any help anyone could give :)

Comments

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    While having #8887 & #8878 are certainly convenient and more functional, to save a bit of money, both can be replaced with #88000.
  • sjerakatsjerakat Member Posts: 27
    Or save a bunch of money and power it using 9V functions instead. I personally prefer the 9V to these new power functions. It's a shame they no longer produce 9V. Sigh
    BrickDancer
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited July 2013
    sjerakat said:

Or save a bunch of money and power it using 9V functions instead. I personally prefer the 9V to these new power functions. It's a shame they no longer produce 9V. Sigh

I'll agree that 9v is an option, but how does this save money exactly? The components, all of them, including the track pieces, are no longer produced, meaning that he would have to pay aftermarket prices for everything.
  • CaptainBasterdCaptainBasterd AustraliaMember Posts: 4
    Thanks for the help! That video was particularly useful. Cheers :)