Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] New August sets at TRU

jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
edited July 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
They have all the sets scheduled for release on Aug 1 already available in store.

Comments

• CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    Yeah, they seem to do this often... A few years ago I got my wife the 8051 motorbike for our anniversary(July 14th) when it wasn't supposed to come out until August 1st...
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    I'll wait until last week of this month or until the 1st as Lego should have them in at that time. The manager at my local Lego store told me they will probably get some in before the 1st and set them out. This way I can avoid paying the TRU mark-ups.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,271
    Woohoo now I can over pay for the new LEGO sets too... pass.
    Thanks for taking the time to throw up a thread on this, but TRU will not get me to pay for their 'retail' pricing
  • 91stlegotrooper91stlegotrooper Member Posts: 92
    I went to my local Toy's R Us in South Jersey today and when I went into the Lego section, I was shocked. The selves were stocked with 2013 Summer sets both Star Wars and City. I thought these sets were not suppose to come out in the US until August. Has anyone else seen this at their Toy's R US.
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    TRU ALWAYS has stuff out a few weeks before Lego Stores get them. It's how they get away with their mark-ups.
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    I've seen them at TRU and, more surprisingly, Books A Million had a couple new Star Wars sets too.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    Fred Meyer has them as well. I got the Barge and the Darth Maul set.
  • weaselkingweaselking Member Posts: 61

TRU ALWAYS has stuff out a few weeks before Lego Stores get them. It's how they get away with their mark-ups.

So what's the excuse when all the retail stores have them? :)
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    @weaselking There is no excuse lol
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432

So what's the excuse when all the retail stores have them? :)
    They just wait until all the retail stores are sold out of them and the sets are retired. Then TRU is essentially competing with the markup from resellers.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    @sidersdd

You got that TRU!

You know someone had to say it ;)
  • sjerakatsjerakat Member Posts: 27
    What's interesting about TRU is that sets online are often discounted but in the store they're all normal price, you have to tell the cashier to price match it otherwise they'll gladly charge you an inflated price. Example, they had Vampyre Castle for $119.99 but the website showed it for 86.99, they price matched it for me and I was able to snag it for around 15% off. Lego brand stores have all the monster fighters sets on sale for 20% off to get rid of them, however all 4 of the stores in northern Cali have been sold out of the Vampyre castle for quite sometime. I digress, they did have all the August sets on the shelf and they were at a markup
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 861
    New sets now in at the Lego store. At least at Tyson's.
  • TinKnockerHimesTinKnockerHimes Member Posts: 76
    We stopped in this morning, they had some chima promotion going on and everyone got a free set, then made the mistake of going thru the lego isle and seeing all the new stuff, we ended up getting 6 sets, when we were checking out, the lady had to walk to the service counter and have one of them electronic security devises that was wrapped around the Jabbas sail barge removed, didnt notice till we left and got home, but she never rang it and stuffed it in the bag, still spent 400 in there, saved 150 off of that though
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited July 2013
    ^I'm surprised anyone would openly admit to this. Many people would consider it tantamount to stealing, regardless of how much one spends.
    LegoFanTexas
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Many people would call it stealing, however I'm not sure that it legally is, since the employee put it in the bag and the customer made no effort to steal it

Morally, most would say to go back and pay for it. Some smaller number than that actually would. :)
    ^ agreed. People tend to pretend to be more morally responsible on the Internet than they actually are.
    margotLegoFanTexas
    I bought the LOTR ship there because no one else in my city has it out yet, and we don't have a Lego store.

Lego hates Boise, ID ive decided. 600k in the metro area, we deserve a store!
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited July 2013
    I agree LFT, it may not be legally stealing (though I'm honestly not sure, given that the employee had no authority to give away a product for free, and given that it was readily apparent to the consumer that the item cost a particular amount of money to buy). I also agree that many people would say they would go pay for it and not actually do it.

I'd like to think that I would pay for something like that. A clear conscience is probably worth $150 (at least to me), even if it was evil TRU that was slighted.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    Stopped by TRU on my way back from Target and WM and was blown away by the fact that they actually have #75025 in store AT RRP!! Think it is the first set I've seen at my TRU that isn't a $200 set that was at RRP.
  • trickydicky0880trickydicky0880 Member Posts: 134
    Is the Jedi Defender-class Cruiser an exclusive to TRU or can you find it at Target and WM too?