Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What is your favorite Theme?

13»

Comments

• khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,305
    As a kid, my favourite were the pirates and whatever series the Dark Dragon's Den belonged to (#6076).

Now my favourites are the Modulars (even though I don't own any, save for the mini), Creator (the buildings anyway), CMF, Harry Potter and Super Heroes. LOTR ain't so bad, but I only REALLY like Bag End.

I used to really like Star Wars, but lately it just doesn't float my boat :)
  • Big_Blue_WinkyBig_Blue_Winky Member Posts: 181

1st: Star Wars
    2nd: Superheroes
    3rd: Modulars
    4th: Sculptures
    5th: Ferrari/Lamborghini/VW
    6th: LotR
    7th: Winter Village
    8th: CMF
    9th: Trains
    10th: PotC

There was Lamborghini sets? Awesome! I will hunt them down, any idea what sort of Lambos? I'd love a Diablo one.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,295
    ^You could probably tweak the Gallardo Polizia model into a Diablo without too much effort or expense
    Oooh just seen that they did the polizia model, must get that, they're awesome! Had that along with the motorbikes leading the convoy for the 50th anniversary tour through Italy. Certainly help with my current building a Lego Lambo project.
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    1 batman
    2 superheroes
    3 spiderman

Easy :)
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    LegoMom1 said:

I get the winter village thing; it's probably near the top for me too. I'm just surprised so many people have mentioned that and called it out as their favorite.

It's a favorite of mine because it is a nice build, but more importantly, for Lego people, aka AFOL and TFOL, it's a way to display and celebrate the Christmas holidays with a bit of Lego style!

Exactly, as much as I like the Dept 56 things, I always refused to get them because I didn't need the hassle. Lego gave me the perfect solution, plus, they are much more interactive.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147
    Thats true about being about to celebrate the Christmas holidays. I always feel nostalgic during that time anyways, and with it being cold outside and maybe snowing who doesnt love putting together LEGO? I guess my argument now is that TLG has tapped into our innermost emotions with this line!!!!
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,220
    1. Modular Buildings
    2. Winter Village
    3. Advanced Models / Creator Expert
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,985
    Girls- Harry Potter
    Me-Winter Village/Haunted house... Basically holiday themes.
    Son- not sure... He likes too many. :-)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639

1st: Star Wars
    2nd: Superheroes
    3rd: Modulars
    4th: Sculptures
    5th: Ferrari/Lamborghini/VW
    6th: LotR
    7th: Winter Village
    8th: CMF
    9th: Trains
    10th: PotC

There was Lamborghini sets? Awesome! I will hunt them down, any idea what sort of Lambos? I'd love a Diablo one.
    There's only 2 Lambos so far, both are Gallardos. The recent one is the Blue Polizia version. The older one is the yellow roadster #8169. Which is the superior model in my opinion, since the roof comes down and folds into the trunk space.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    ^ I own both, and the only flaw with #8169 is the fact that the headlights are stickers and IMO look a little odd. The Polizia one has brick built lights which are more asthetically pleasing in a Lego model.

But, I like both just as much. Enjoyable builds too.

You can get them on eBay, they are occassionally on auction, they tend to go for around the original RRP for used ones.
    Big_Blue_Winky
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 589
    @Big_Blue_Winky Chowren Toys, who in the past has been running monthly specials for Brickset members, has the #8214 Lamborghini Polizia currently in stock for $80: http://www.chowrentoys.com/servlet/the-2798/LEGO-Racers-8214-Lamborghini/Detail
    Big_Blue_Winky
  • Jezebel_19Jezebel_19 Perth, AustraliaMember Posts: 31
    My Favorites sets would be:-
    1. City
    2. Modular
    3. Creator

Least Fav
    1. Chima
    2. Bionicle
    3. Ninjano
    The Gallardo Spyder one will be useful anyway as I'm currently arranging a deal on a Superperformante so add a silly wing to it and you're there and the polizia one I can make an attempt at changing it to a Diablo, I have a few ideas now though which is more than I had before.
    @SirBen I'm not in America but thanks for the heads up though.
  • augenaugen Worcester, UKMember Posts: 317
    Star Wars - led to my lego renaissance
    Space Police - I & III are my favourites, especially III as the models and villains are just so creative
    Power Miners - Science fiction and mining go hand-in-hand. Hopefull Lego will develop this theme further with new vibrant colours like with Galaxy Squad
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    The Theme from Star Wars IV: A New Hope. Followed by Darth Vader's Theme, the Theme to Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Superman Movie Theme. Just about anything composed by John Williams.
    Oldfan