Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Death Star 10188 on new tv series "Kentucky Bidders"

Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,409
I know it is taboo to talk about the DS, but I had to post this.

This lady brings in a built Lego Death Star and wanted to know what the guy will give her for it. He says $25 and she gets mad and is about to walk out...

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,409
    I'm waiting to see what he offers her.
    They are bidding on it now. It sold for $250. A guy knocked the DS out of the winners hands and it smashed all over the floor and they got into a fight. Hahahaha.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    What does a used DS go for?
    $250. All built, no box, no instructions.
    @samiam391, did you buy it?
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,335
    edited July 2013
    Yes, I bought it and more importantly won the fight.
    Pitfall69GeddesLegoFanTexasDevastatorGothamConstructionCoBumblepantsrancorbaitjasormurphquake
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    edited July 2013
    @samiam391 nearly choked on my toast rofl
    Hahahaha. Seriously though, this whole thing was crazy. I'm sure it was staged, but to see the DS smash into thousands of pieces was disturbing. I remember Letterman used to throw things off the top of a building to see what it looked like when it hit the ground.
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    "Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances." -- Moments before guy bumps DS with hand, and it falls to the floor.
    Pitfall69LegoFanTexas
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I've been tempted to do it myself actually...

Just because... why not? :) It is the sort of thing that normally only happens by accident, but if I wanted to let my son rebuild it, it might be rather fun.

Only problem of course is that bricks end up getting damaged when you drop a 20lb ball of them on the floor. :(

Which is why, when I sold my UCS Falcon, I didn't take it apart via the same method. I thought about it, I doubt there are any YouTube videos showing it being dropped off a second story balcony... :)
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    Classic video-
    murphquake
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I've been there, the other week I decided to run my Horizon Express too quickly around the bend and right off the table because...of no good reason. Perhaps I was channeling Gomez Addams. Anyway, it was pretty spectacular in a "same sport, different league" kinda vibe. :)
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,514
    ^ It'l be a spectacular wreck. Too bad no body will be here to see it.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited July 2013
    ^^^In the thousand or so times they slowed it down and jump cut back and forth and back and forth, they never once showed the normal speed throw and follow-up with the DS crashing to the floor - boo.

Plus, the throw was way too low. Ball four, take your base.