Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Costco Gearing Up for Christmas

YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,234
edited August 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
As many have likely noticed, Costco has been a good place to find discounted LEGO the last few years. Last year, my local Costco carried the Fire Helicopter, Palpatine's Shuttle, Arc Fighter, Helicopter Transport, and several Brickmaster Books. As any member can likely confirm, they start (as well as finish) the season early and this year appears no different.

Today, I found the Alien Conquest Mothership for $45.99 which is right around 25% off MSRP.

Here's hoping they get the AC Headquarters, City of Atlantis, or Mill Village Raid. :o)

Comments

• therittertheritter Member Posts: 10
    They also had 4867 - Hogwarts Castle for $39.99. They had three sets but I don't remember what the third one was. They were all in the 20-25% off MSRP range.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    ^^ I'll probably buy the set at that price. At $60, it was a definite pass. By the way, what's with the font and color? :P
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,234
    edited August 2011
    By whatever do you mean? :o)
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,638
    I'm going to wait this out a while. The economy is still slugish and I don't think people are going to spend much this Christmas. I'll see what happens much closer to Christmas when they need to get rid of them. Last year I waited, mostly because I really didn't want anything, and they put the 8098 Clone Turbo Tank on sale for 60.00 so I caved and bought it.
  • johnsbricksjohnsbricks Member Posts: 210
    costco uk has 5508 for around £28 and the DK brickset books £10 - £11
  • technicaltacticstechnicaltactics Member Posts: 47
    edited August 2011
    What section of costco? By the books? Just, like, what section of the store?
  • jagdjhjagdjh Member Posts: 95
    Usually in the middle of the store. The toys will probably replace the summer and gardening aisles.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    All we got here in Edmonton, Canada last year was two Star Wars sets. They were cheaper though. Snow Speeder and the Droid tri fighter.
  • johnsbricksjohnsbricks Member Posts: 210
    Costco Bristol has Lego City Harbour 4645 for £50. Similar to Amazon prices at present. Loads of the DK Brickset books left
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 360
    Costco in central VA has no lego, just a pallet of large sets from a lesser building block brand.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Costco in Alberta has some Heroica sets at 25% off msrp, and a ton of the lesser block brand.
  • PerryMakesPerryMakes Member Posts: 73
    The folks told me they were headed out to Costco this afternoon, and I was able to talk them into an early christmas present - that Alien Mothership was there for the same price Yellowcastle saw earlier - $45 (which is 25% off) It will be my first in the AC line, but certainly not the last.
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    US$45... :(

AU$99.99.

It's information like this that me sad to be Australian TFOL... :/
  • PerryMakesPerryMakes Member Posts: 73
    Plus you have to realize that the US dollar is REALLY weak right now. I put the set together and would not even think about spending a hundo on it. Not even close. $60 would even be pushing it ... I think the $45 price point fits it very nicely.