Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bricklinking 10144 Sandcrawler

atxleeatxlee Member Posts: 155
edited July 2013 in Buying & Selling Topics
Just wondering whether anyone has bricklinked this set. Does it makes sense?

Comments

• vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    You can probably get a sealed one for the total you will get bricklinking it, not worth it. Brickstore avg for new parts = $412 / used parts = $299.

I'm also hunting one of these, from what I've noticed so far the best option is to try and get it at an auction on ebay.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    I bought a new set off of Ebay a few years ago, seemed like a good option. Curious if anyone else has built this and had a horrible time with the treads and bottom of the sandcrawler? I really had a hard time putting it together, it just has never seemed quite right, very unstable ..as in whenever I tried to get the tread pieces attached the bottom would break apart... Otherwise it's a cool set. My son wanted it and another retired Lego set for Christmas because he knows that Santa can make anything... thank goodness he isn't aware of #10179.
    CaptAPJT
  • atxleeatxlee Member Posts: 155
    Thanks for the info... Shall hunt around or maybe lego might release a rehash soon :-)
  • zippityzoomzippityzoom Member Posts: 86
    #10144 is one of the ones on my wishlist. I've seen a few incomplete sets on eBay that I wanted to pull the trigger on and then Bricklink the missing pieces.

Anyone have an idea which pieces on the Sandcrawler (outside of minifigs) that would be most expensive/difficult to procure?
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    There aren't any really expensive parts aside from the stickers and minifigs. But some of the dark orange parts and a few of the brown ones are quite rare and if more are missing you're going to have to place several small orders to get them.
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    I wish they would just release some more sandpeople and jawas. Especially now that the minifigs are so detailed. Sandcrawler? Meh. Jawas? Win.
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    The black treads would probably be the toughest to pick up. You need 272 of them and the seller that has that many for the cheapest amount still sets you back $38.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    I've got a copy of this set, still sealed in the box (though the box has some damage) if anyone's interested. Shoot me a message if you are.
  • bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
    To me it seems like the crawler is too wide — or not tall enough — to resemble the original. But I say this without researching the source admittedly. I do love the sandcrawler from SW, and if I was to buy of Blricklink it, I would invest in more of the main coloured bricks and tone back the colour variations on the body. As it is, it looks like a MOC where you didn't have the right bricks to finish.

(Jawas = win)
    I don't have a Lego Jawa yet :(