Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Looking for GS Dragonfly Bugs from set 70708 - will buy or trade (UK)

TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
Hello!

I'm looking for, as stated in the title, the Dragonfly Bugs from set #70708 Hive Crawler with their trans-pink capsules. I've already tried finding them on BrickLink and eBay with no joy.

Basically: I'm looking for multiples of everything you see in this picture:

I will pay you £3.50 (excluding postage) for every complete Dragonfly Bug (must have wings), including it's own trans-pink capsule, or £2.50 for just the complete bug. They can be open, but they must be complete.

Alternatively, I also have some S10 CMF's for trade, but these are of strictly limited quantity (1 each, no packet but complete):
Grandpa, Trendsetter, Librarian, Sea Captain, Baseball Fielder, Revolutionary Soldier, Warrior Woman, Paintball Player. Sad Clown, Bumblebee Girl and Tomahawk Warrior will also be available later in the week. I might be able to get hold of certain CMF's not listed here, just ask which ones you want and I'll see what I can do. Requests like this will take a few extra days and you must make sure you want to go through with the trade before I search.
Ideally, looking for a 1:1 trade, one CMF for one Bug and capsule. Exclude the capsule if after more common CMF's.

I'll accept one bug if that's all you got to sell/trade, no problem

UK trades only through Brickset, but I'll consider buying the bugs from European sellers if the postage is reasonable. PM me with details.

And, of course, if you're selling these through BrickLink at some point, drop me a message through Brickset. My BrickLink ID is hyper_veyronian.

PM me with offers, I'm very reasonable and have done a few successful sales/trades on here with @sirrich69, @Cheeka and @princedraven

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^ Doesn't look like that set has been inventoried yet on Bricklink so that is probably why you aren't finding the individual pieces for sale yet. Check again in a couple days and you might start seeing them come up.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    ^ I knew that, and I knew that was the reason, I was asking anyone here if they wanted to sell or trade their bugs. I considered inventorying the set myself, but it seemed a bit time-consuming adding all the new parts and figs.

So, I guess if anyone on Brickset is considering parting out #70708 (or #70709 as there's one in there too) in the future to sell the parts, drop me a PM and I might consider buying the bugs and capsules off you. Europe only to keep postage costs down, but even better if it's in the UK!

And, since there's no price guide for these parts, if you think my valuation of the bugs is a bit low, you can always PM me with what you think is a fair price!
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    have you tried contacting TLG/[email protected] and asking them if you could order the parts from them?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,582
    Online bricks and pieces doesn't have all the parts - I checked yesterday.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    For some very unusual reason, TLG don't stock parts that come in their own bag anymore, otherwise I'd have been straight there!
    If you ask me, that's a bit of a fail, really missing a trick especially with these bugs - they're army builders, and they're of a non-licensed theme. If you have the whole GS line, surely just 3 bugs isn't enough? :-)
    It's a recent thing they've started doing too - I used to be able to get all thee modified heads for minifigs (like the Ninjago snake heads) from their replacement parts service no questions asked.
    But now - what if this part (the bug body) was missing from your set - can TLG replace it for you in that event, because all the special bagged parts are always out of stock (?) nowadays

If no-one's got any at all, I guess I'll have to wait for BrickLink to start selling them, or buy #70709 Galactic Titan.
  • asksolasksol Member Posts: 101
    Saw the Galactic Titan at Elys, Wimbledon today, and it looks awesome! Lucky I got out of there without buying it on impulse. You should buy it and review it
    edited June 2013
    ^^ I think they are not doing the "special" parts, even if non-licensed, through bricks and pieces for the simple reason that resellers or MOC'ers will buy them that way instead of buying sets. It also means that their stocks will be depleted for genuine cases of lost parts. Quite a few non-licensed minifigs parts are not sold via bricks and pieces.
    @asksol When I get a spare £80 together, I'll certainly think about buying it. It actually has over 1000 parts, which makes it look like a good deal.

@CCC You're absolutely right, but maybe they should limit special parts to 1 per household?
    But there are still glaring omissions if that's the case. Instead of spending £40 on #70012 (I think that's the number for Equila's Ultra Striker) earlier this year, I bought the exclusive black wolf minifig from it, all of it, for about £3.50. No questions asked, it was that easy. They're way too expensive on eBay.
    edited June 2013
    ^ Yes, some of them you can still get whole. For a while they had complete golden ninjas from ninjago - but I messed up and forgot to confirm my order and parts were removed.
    Funny how this thread has gone from an 'I want to buy' announcement to a discussion about the Lego replacement parts service :-P
    Not a single offer? No one wants to sell or trade at all?
    Well, when they finally appear as an entry on BrickLink, someone (BrickLink sellers) give me a shout if they're parting out a set with the bugs in. Thanks :-)
    Still looking. Nobody parting out any sets with the bugs in at all?