Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• StompingFreakStompingFreak United KingdomMember Posts: 59
    Finally Got all my spare kits on shelve's. Wish I'd do this ages ago.
    001.JPG 259.5K
    007.JPG 205.9K
    002.JPG 308.4K
    005.JPG 237.2K
    VaioBig_Blue_WinkyLegoboydejavuindigobox
  • adukaduk Member Posts: 155
    Rebuilt the forest police station after an attack by our two year old -now watching The Empire Strikes Back....does live get any better.....?
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488

My birthday today and I appear to have zero Lego, shocking behaviour for sure.
    Will squander my birthday money on Lego instead though, now what to get?

Happy Birthday Winky!!! :D
    Big_Blue_Winky
  • dejavudejavu USAMember Posts: 235
    Have decided to throw a July 4th bash at my house. Have also decided to do a LEGO centerpiece.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    edited June 2013
    ^Now what was your address again?
    edited June 2013
    At the lake, of course. http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/360580
  • Big_Blue_WinkyBig_Blue_Winky Member Posts: 181

Why thank you, lack of Lego has been rectified by my girlfriend's mother of all people, I am loved it seems.
    dejavuLegobutterflyLegoMom1GothamConstructionCo
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,460
    Not sure if I should be embarrassed or proud but I seem to have developed some callouses on my thumbs and index fingers from taking apart lots of bricks and Technic from my recent used bulk lot for the last several hours.

Why thank you, lack of Lego has been rectified by my girlfriend's mother of all people, I am loved it seems.
    Why that is some achievement!!! I wish my mother in law would buy me LEGO for my birthday :D
    Email from Amazon states 'The Unexpected Gathering' can be expected to be delivered today. Pacing in anticipation.
    Legoboy
  • AySeaAySea Member Posts: 62
    A bricklink order arrived today. Once I've checked it, I'll be spending some time later working on my MOC.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,287
    Tired after writing a mammoth review...
    BrixyGothamConstructionCo
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,526
    Toy Soldiering today with a minifig book to read afterwards. :)
    TheLoneTensor
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,360
    Gawping at my Tower of Orthanc after six or seven solid hours of building it. Got to say I'm blown away by the height of that thing, it nearly comes up to my hips!
    Got to say, it was the perfect exam celebratory treat!
    Penkid11princedraven
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    I went to my local Meijer to pick up #3920 The Hobbit, which has been on clearance since February and is now at 50% off, for parts. Then I noticed they had the entire Monster Fighters line on clearance at 25%-50% off. So I ended up going home with the three smallest sets for a bit over $25. Now I want the Vampire Hearse and Mad Scientist.
    'An Unexpected Gathering' #79003, arrived last night. The unopened box is sitting on the entry foyer desk. Our first set since Christmas. Can't help smiling each time I walk by.
    indigoboxBig_Blue_Winky
  • skeet318skeet318 Banned Posts: 375
    Got approved for a loan.....Lego Town Hall and the Halloween Accessory pack finally within my reach....then Haunted House, and finally Arkham!
    piratemania7
    ^They give loans to buy Lego? Why didn't I think of that?
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,124
    skeet318 said:

Got approved for a loan.....Lego Town Hall and the Halloween Accessory pack finally within my reach....then Haunted House, and finally Arkham!

Haha I hope there was greater purpose to the loan than LEGO? ; )
    LegoMom1 said:

^They give loans to buy Lego? Why didn't I think of that?

Well you don't tell the Bank that.....

Why that is some achievement!!! I wish my mother in law would buy me LEGO for my birthday :D
    It seems I'm very lucky indeed, I've been informed I have more Lego waiting for me at home, I'm more excited to getting home to that than the toys in my garage.

It seems I'm very lucky indeed, I've been informed I have more Lego waiting for me at home, I'm more excited to getting home to that than the toys in my garage.
    Absolutely! LEGO waiting at home for you is almost as good as coming home to a loved one. Of course I love LEGO very much so for me I am coming home to a loved one but am obviously happier to get home to hubby and squidlets, sometimes lol.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    I go out and buy a car and promise not to buy any Lego for ages and what happens? Tower of Orthanc turns up. Plus I'm about to move house to a place where it'll be twice the price.

There are many words for my thoughts on this but 'oh dear' will do for here.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179

Not a single LEGO for my birthday, but got this eCard from my boyfriend!

That card's like one of those films where the same extras keep turning up in every scene!

vitreolum
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    WENT TO GET ORTHANC!!!!!!!!!!! WAS BLOWN AWAY BY THE TOTALLY AMAZING HEIGHT like @TheOneVeyronian

Haven't built it yet, currently building The Malevolence, Horizon Express, and Fire Station.

Also went and WAS BLOWN AWAY by the 1x4 PINK and orange (Ik orange isnt so exciting, but neither is my stores PAB usually) and got 3 large cups of each
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    About 2/3 through the SSD build - i'm amazed at the lack of spares in this kit, I have just 6 spare tiny parts (pins and studs) and had to supplement a missing piece from my own collection (1 x 6 plate LBG). First kit I gentuinely don't know where it is going to go as it is so long.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,724
    I've finally started a BL store, uploaded about 5 sets worth of parts so far (waiting on another 5 sets to arrive), and I'm now waiting for the first sale...

Forest Bricks is the store name, since you ask ;)
    LadyLovesLegos
    At work...rather be at home building the Town Hall or Barrel Escape...but definitely not this
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,124
    Working as well...Thinking of a new shipping box with a few sets and S10 bags to open...maybe with a cold one tonight!
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Enjoying a well planned out LEGO building day with my kids. I finished up #4954 Creator House and am now starting on #10228....I had sets and work stations set up for my 7 and 5 year olds. Have drinks in spill proof cups and non-sticky or messy snacks set up. Kids Netflix on the X-box and comfy seats with me in the middle to help with the builds....what a perfect day.
    indigobox
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 518

About 2/3 through the SSD build - i'm amazed at the lack of spares in this kit, I have just 6 spare tiny parts (pins and studs) and had to supplement a missing piece from my own collection (1 x 6 plate LBG). First kit I gentuinely don't know where it is going to go as it is so long.

Thats a standard issuen with those UCS sets. had to use a workaround by making a bridge between my ddesk and a shelf to get a suitable spot for it

Absolutely! LEGO waiting at home for you is almost as good as coming home to a loved one. Of course I love LEGO very much so for me I am coming home to a loved one but am obviously happier to get home to hubby and squidlets, sometimes lol.
    I am with my loved one at the moment but she lives in Northern Ireland and I'm in Devonland so quite some distance, it's wonderful as I've been away from her for near 2 months, Lego is something to ease the pain of when I get home.
    Count me surprised. I received my LEGO shipment today of the new Creator Family House, rec'd my Jor-el, two Series 10 minifigs, and for a surprise, a gift from LEGO of the Chima "starter set", 70113, which retails for $15. Quite surprised, usually any free gifts are polybag items, retailing at about $5. I'm not so much into Chima, but I have a nephew who'll love it. I'm impressed.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,360
    Received my shipment of new parts (unreleased in the UK) for my MOC's from America today - and thinking I must be one of the first people in the UK to get hold of new parts from sets not released until August in the UK!
    (And it's saved me from having to buy multiples copies of one set for the parts in the future - thank goodness for foresight!)
  • messymessy CambridgeshireMember Posts: 242
    Day off at home with my youngest on his second birthday, we have been forbidden from unwrapping and opening 6157-1: The Big Zoo until the Mrs gets home from work :-( So we’re making a BOLOCs castle for the glowing ghost :-)
    Over the moon and deeply annoyed at the same time:
    Transferred money into Paypal to buy stuff from Germany, now looked on Amazon to find they're in the UK for immediate dispatch! Grrr!!!! Lucky I didn't buy it, though, but now there's gonna be dead money in my account!
    (NOTE: It wasn't Lone Ranger, but something not many AFOL's are interested in. I'm not stupid :-P)
  • BrixyBrixy United statesMember Posts: 57
    Finally ordered unexpected gathering. Can't wait until it arrives.
    Just come back from NI find to I've got two late birthday presents, Cargo Truck and Monster Truck Transport, very excited to get them built up for sure.
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    Spent the last 4 hours sorting the lego room......
    Working again. Need to sweep out the Lego room and post some pics on the "Collection" thread...
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,769
    ^ "Sweep out"? What do you in there? ;o)
    rancorbait
    Legoboy said:

^ "Sweep out"? What do you in there? ;o)

No carpet. I work construction and come in the house through the Lego Room. Floor get dirty fast. Got some loose parts to put away. Saw the "Showing off Collection" thread and wanted to post, too.
    Building the 'factory' version of the Creator Family House, #31012.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    Completed my UCS SSD. Still amazed at the lack of spares - 6 small pieces (0.19% of the piece count).

Have Lego upped the accuracy on their check-weighers and dispensing systems lately?

Had a little bit of bother with the nose pointing up, but once I uncoupled the retaining hoop plates, slid them up the hoses they hook into and then reattached, everything seemed to straighten itself out (rather than threading the whole long assembly up the hose and then clipping the hinge joints, as things seem to bend in that process).

This is one set that looks a thousand times better in the flesh than on the box. The blank 2 x 4 and 6 x 12 plates on the top cowlings seem a bit redundant though. A half-arsed SNOT attempt. I can't help thinking that unless you can get the whole thing clear of studs (which you can't), it'll pobably look better with all studded panels. I might swap them out sometime soon just to see which looks better.
    Off work today.....can't figure out what to do: Start Town Hall or play Lego Batman 2....Are the Batman: Arkham games any good?
    < thinking, "What could I do on the hood of Blue Wink's car." ;)

skeet318 said:

Run up the top of it like some kids done before? Made for a great way to break into the pub next door so I'm told.

Also my Lego status for today would be, unsuccessful Lego purchasing, couldn't find what I want in local toy stores so will order online but I have found a other toy non Lego related though.

skeet318 said:

Run up the top of it like some kids done before? Made for a great way to break into the pub next door so I'm told.

Also my Lego status for today would be, unsuccessful Lego purchasing, couldn't find what I want in local toy stores so will order online but I have found a other toy non Lego related though.

Lol if u moc it down to minifigure scale, let me take a look at the schematic....my Bruce Wayne needs a hot ride...
  • MilcheaxMilcheax Member Posts: 52
    Went to the Freehold NJ Lego Store Grand Opening and watched for a while as they built a huge Hulk model. Got myself #70707 for home building and #6911 for "Build in a Bag" at my desk in work. Filled a small PaB cup.