Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

3300001 Brickley

adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
edited May 2012 in Collecting
Does anyone have one of these? I know that they were available from the Mall of America but were they available anywhere else? I would like to get a hold of 1 or 2.

Comments

• NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 272
    I'm not sure if they are still available but I am flying to MN in October and plan on stopping by the Mall of America. If they are still on sale I will be purchasing several for others who are looking for them.
  • georgebjonesgeorgebjones Member Posts: 224
    Yes, the LEGO store at Downtown Disney in Anaheim has them. I believe there are only three stores in the US where you can buy them, the third being a store in NYC.
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    What are they worth over there? And how much would it be to ship to Australia? Would $15 cover shipping? Would appreciate it.
  • evilempire22evilempire22 Member Posts: 31
    I live here in the Twin Cities and the MOA (Mall of America) store had them earlier this summer. However, I have not seen Brickley in the store for at least a few weeks.
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    I'm not sure if they are still available but I am flying to MN in October and plan on stopping by the Mall of America. If they are still on sale I will be purchasing several for others who are looking for them.
    Please put me down on the list of people who would like one! Do you know how much they cost?
    Yes, the LEGO store at Downtown Disney in Anaheim has them. I believe there are only three stores in the US where you can buy them, the third being a store in NYC.
    Do you mean the store in Rockefeller Center?
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 811
    If anyone wants, contact me through Brickset as I've got an extra.
    $15 would cover shipping to Australia If you take the set out of the box and place it in a small size flat rate priority mail box.
  • AScaryOctopusAScaryOctopus Member Posts: 57
    I've seen the Natick Mall in Massachusetts sell them, too.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 811
    From what I understand this set is only available at Rock Center, NY, Mall of America, MN and Disney world, FL. This is not the poly bagged set. It is boxed and has nearly 200 parts.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Disney Anaheim and Chicago Water Tower Place are the other two stores that have/had them. In fact Chicago was giving them away last week as part of their grand re-opening.
  • trishw26trishw26 Member Posts: 3
    I am on vacation in Anaheim right now. I went to the LEGO store and they had plenty. The retail is $14.99 plus tax. I will pick up as many as they will let me buy. Either tonight or in the morning I will post how many I was able to get. First come first served. I am not interested in making any money on them. As long as you are willing to pay for the retail, tax and shipping, they are yours.
    I will gladly take one. Thanks
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited August 2011
    @sidersdd: are you sure they were giving away the $15, 197 piece boxed set:
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3300001-1
    and not the $5, 59 piece polybag:
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=40019-1 ?
    ^ Well, that's what the Bricklink catalog entry says. It may not be correct though.
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=3300001-1
    edited August 2011
    Ah, I see... it states there was a minimum purchase required. I thought you meant just giving them away, which would have been unprecedented. The polybag version is still more in line with their typical promotions, but I remember a Chicago store carrying some of the 3300001 sets, so maybe it is true.
  • beets665beets665 Member Posts: 106

@bmwlego sent you a message about a brickley
    The downtown Chicago store definitely had them at one time. We had some shipped to the Schaumburg store during BrickWorld so that we wouldn't have to drive all the way down there to get them.
  • darkhorsedarkhorse Member Posts: 3
    I have an extra brickley if anyone is interested. The box is slightly dented though.
    Just an FYI, any LEGO retail store will take an order by phone and mail you the item if you pay a FedEx shipping fee. I bought my Brickley's from MN this way.
  • trishw26trishw26 Member Posts: 3
    I was able to pick up two Brickleys. One goes to adello25.The other one is up for grabs.
    adello25 - I will email you when I get home on Saturday 09-03 and we can arrange getting it to you.
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    ^ Messaged. :D
    I was able to pick up two Brickleys. One goes to adello25.The other one is up for grabs.
    adello25 - I will email you when I get home on Saturday 09-03 and we can arrange getting it to you.
    Great!!! Thanks so much
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    Plenty of Brickleys at Downtown Disney Lego Store today.
    Spend $50 or above this weekend and you get one for free (yes the one in the box, priced at $14.99).

Here's the pictures of Brickleys behind the counter, ready to be given away.
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    BTW I went to Glendale Galleria Lego Store last week and saw a few Brickleys
    (around 5 boxes).

The boxes look a bit banged up (not fresh like the one in Anaheim) perhaps it is from returned merchandise?
  • jawapezjawapez Member Posts: 15
    The boxes for this set are thinner than usual, so they get banged up easily. I got a couple in Anaheim yesterday.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Looks like they got a couple on amazon for those who aren't close to Anaheim

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO®-Brickley-Collectible-Model-3300001/dp/B0055Q7RGY
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited May 2012
    You guys think this Brickley set will be worth much more down the line?
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 674
    Doubtful. It's a fairly small set of mostly basic parts. I guess some value will come from finding one mint in package, as the box is very thin, but otherwise I can't see it being worth a lot more in the future.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    If anyone wants one, I just picked up a few at the local Lego store. Will trade for interesting stuff, or just sell outright.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    The 330001 hasn't been all that limited, the Sacramento store had them after Christmas as that's when/where I got it.

Does anyone have 40019 they'll trade? Please pm me if you do.
  • avoiceoreasonavoiceoreason Member Posts: 224
    ^ agreed, as I picked one up at the store in Delaware.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USA.Member Posts: 885
    This past weekend there were several (8?) at the Chandler Mall store in Phoenix, AZ. Maybe I'll kick myself in ten years, but I didn't pick one up.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    The new store in Elizabeth, NJ has them. Does anyone still need one shipped to them?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,835
    @MorkMan does. :-)
  • BeardedCastleGuyBeardedCastleGuy Member Posts: 127
    These were available again this past weekend @ the MoA store during the 20th Anniversary Event. I know they still had some late Sunday so it's likely they still have some if you want to call and have one shipped...
    The Master Builder Event for the 20thy was a Brickley Build.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Does anyone have 40019 they'll trade? Please pm me if you do.
    I need to clarify that i'd prefer to trade with someone in the US because of the cost of international postage.
    @flump Ha! I will be up in Denver this week. I will see if their store has any. If so, I will grab one! Otherwise, I will be calling @brickmatic.
    As an update - I am back from Denver. I actually picked up and walked around with the Brickley set, but put it down after my wife mentioned that "tomorrow is Father's Day" so I shouldn't buy anything, else I might be ruining my surprise.
    Well, I didn't get Brickley, but I got Life of George instead! I'm very happy with that, as it has more playability than Brickley. @brickmatic, I'll PM you in a few years when I really want that Brickley!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,835
    @Morkman. Am very disappointed with you. ;-) You had two opportunities and you blew both???
    @flump @brickmatic
    Think of this as me just helping to justify the higher prices in the secondary market in a few years...
  • jonboy2000jonboy2000 Member Posts: 255
    these are available again from Bluewater £14.99
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    As an update - I am back from Denver. I actually picked up and walked around with the Brickley set, but put it down after my wife mentioned that "tomorrow is Father's Day" so I shouldn't buy anything, else I might be ruining my surprise.
    Well, I didn't get Brickley, but I got Life of George instead! I'm very happy with that, as it has more playability than Brickley. @brickmatic, I'll PM you in a few years when I really want that Brickley!

Hey, that seems like a dirty trick! You do sound happy with what you ended up with though :)