Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Series 10 CMF

15678911»

Comments

• BRCBRC Member Posts: 125
    I like the Tomahawks, but the Skydivers....
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,772
    Tomahawk Warrior is only a 4 too, not a 6. I have done my bit and removed a dozen of them from circulation.

Tomahawk is a bit like the Aztec in that it is hard to customise to make an army look realistic. For most of the others, you can easily swap the head and/or hair and it looks like a different person in the same "job" and thus more realistic. Of course, you can replace the head but he loses the war paint then.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    I try feeling the packs but still end up with doubles!LOL First Lego had to remove the "secret codes" from the packs. What they have to do now is make 16 different figures that all use the same components!Mwah hah hah! Then they would be more like buying trading cards, which I think was the intention.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    Went to Target yesterday and decided to see what the fuss was about. I was intrigued by the Revolutionary soldier (my 1980s era Pirates really need an Imperial governor) so i decided to look for him as well as Mr. Gold. Also decided I was really interested in finding a Roman. Found and felt a rifle so knew I had my solider. I also found a figure with what felt like it was a spear and assumed it was the Roman. Turned out to be the Amazon or whatever she is, of course.

Also found a strange one with a large piece in it. Was curious and picked it up -- turned out to be Medusa, of course. I don't have particular interest in her but happy to see she is somewhat rare. I may have to try to trade her.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Starting to get harder to find around here. None at Target or Wal-Mart, a few left at TRU... Can't wait to see Series 11.
  • STHTFHSTHTFH Member Posts: 3
    I'm not one to feel the packages before I purchase them because I like the surprise. Couple weeks ago, opened a Warrior Woman that contained 2 heads...at first I thought it was meant to be a prop (Amazonian Woman Warriors decapitated their victims, no?) but soon realized that may be a little too dark for Lego. Ended up with a bonus head for an additional figure. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • alexwilalexwil UKMember Posts: 375
    STHTFH said:

I'm not one to feel the packages before I purchase them because I like the surprise. Couple weeks ago, opened a Warrior Woman that contained 2 heads...at first I thought it was meant to be a prop (Amazonian Woman Warriors decapitated their victims, no?) but soon realized that may be a little too dark for Lego. Ended up with a bonus head for an additional figure. Has this happened to anyone else?

I too like the surprise, but it's getting a bit silly now - finding nothing but motorcycles mechanics. Even the 2 I ordered from [email protected] were motorcycle mechanics!
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    ^ i dont know what it is about that, but it ticks me right off. Ordering from [email protected], and getting duplicates right off the bat. Dont they also have a 16 per order limit, as well? Can you imagine ordering 16 figures from [email protected], and getting 2 Mechanics, 2 Skydiver, and 3 Baseball Players along with your other ones?

What a bummer.
    Pitfall69TheLoneTensor
  • BRCBRC Member Posts: 125
    I like the mechanics but I don't want many of them either, I have no interest in the baseballers and the skydivers don't really excite.
    We finally got the Grandpa which is really cool, a totally bald head could be well used for other figures. We also got the trendsetter, good figure too.

Really average assortment/ratio though that's for sure.

I'd like them to do some random people, you know, some with elvis hair and a jacket, blonde girl with something else, ie, random 'people'.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    To be honest, if you're over the surprise and only want a couple specific ones you are better off just ordering them from Bricklink. Getting 2 or 3 duplicates is already more expensive than the markup on a couple figures and shipping.
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    I was pleased to receive my S&H order today. Included were seven Series 10 CMF to get me over $75($76) on my order and a microscopic chance at Mr. Gold. No Mr. Gold but my distribution of minifugures was good!

Of course the required mechanic and baseball player but also medusa, trendsetter, roman commander, sad clown and indian warrior.

Then I had the double dip with jor-el & iron man and the Chima set thrown in. I am simply speechless concerning the Chima sets. Someone has to have lost their job right???
    BRC said:

I'd like them to do some random people, you know, some with elvis hair and a jacket, blonde girl with something else, ie, random 'people'.

They wouldn't be very collectable. Just order parts from bricklink, BAM instote or online PAB.
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    jasor said:

^ i dont know what it is about that, but it ticks me right off. Ordering from [email protected], and getting duplicates right off the bat. Dont they also have a 16 per order limit, as well? Can you imagine ordering 16 figures from [email protected], and getting 2 Mechanics, 2 Skydiver, and 3 Baseball Players along with your other ones?

What a bummer.

That's if you didn't get 16 motorcycle mechanics or baseball players!

Have to say was feeling through a box yesterday looking for figures my boys needed and found there was a good mix of figures, even a medusa was left.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ I ordered 16 from [email protected] as it's been the only way to get them in France until Amazon got them this week. It's the 3 revolutionary war soldiers that bother me, I'd rather have mechanics (2) or baseball players (1). I did get a bumblebee girl but not the trendsetter, librarian or medusa. My Amazon box arrived this morning so my 9-year-old has her girl figures but as I'm sharing the box that means only one of each so I really hope they show up in stores at some point.
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    They'be been out for about a month and something and TRU still has NOTHING. I went there twice and there were only a couple packets left. And then after that I saw NO more. I might need to check back at Target later.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    I odered 1 pack from [email protected] to meet the $75 threshold. They sent me a Roman. I'm happy.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    How many freaking S10 mechanics are there?! I swear I felt over 20 of them. Other than that, I managed to finish all of S10 in under 30 minutes. No Mr. Gold after 120 packs.
    I'm going to hand out my extra Mechanics for free to children at my place of business.
    BRCjasor
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Skydivers and Romans although i dont mind the Romans. Ive been buying the first 20 packs randomly then feeling for the (hopefully) last few to finish the series. Found the Sea captain after going through about 50 bags to put series 10 to bed. Mr Gold is a pipe dream!
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,612
    Ha, I've got you all beat. I had 2 orders of 16 from [email protected] for series 2. Out of 32 figs I got 17 Ring Masters. That was the last time I ordered from [email protected]
    Pitfall69FurrysaurusjasorindigoboxSilentModemaques
    ^What the hell were you thinking?
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    I just need to find the elusive Bee Girl and I will have series 10 complete (except for Mr. Gold). I even picked up the new DK book to get the Toy Soldier
  • queenbeerowequeenbeerowe Member Posts: 2
    I always use the feel method to find the figures I want. I can usually get all 16 within a half an hour. Lots of practice over the last few series! I don't like having to buy a lot of duplicates like I did in some of the earlier series, except when I want extras. Like in S10, I'm collecting Bumblebee Girls - I have about 10 so far :-) And I have some extras of Medusa and the Fashionista.

I did find a Mr. Gold, and I can encourage you to 'never say never'. I went to a TRU last Saturday afternoon, and I felt really lucky to find 6 unopened boxes on the shelf alongside 6 boxes that had already been opened and 'felt'. I opened and went through the 6 boxes - no Mr. Gold!! I was about to leave after feeling 360 packets - my fingers were sore - but thought I would try the already-open boxes (I wasn't going to bother with those when I walked in). Then in a box that was only about 1/2 full, I felt the top hat in one packet. I couldn't believe it!! I was so excited.....especially since I knew the packet had been checked out before I got there. Don't know how someone missed that. So I can say with certainty - you just never know when you might find one.
    BrickDancerFurrysaurusjasorindigobox
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,612
    You're awful lucky to have a TRU with that many boxes. Mine never has more than 1 box at a time and is usually out of them completely.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    edited June 2013
    ^^ @queenbeerowe - Congrats. You might want to repost your find in the "Mr. Gold hunt thread."
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534

How many freaking S10 mechanics are there?! I swear I felt over 20 of them. Other than that, I managed to finish all of S10 in under 30 minutes. No Mr. Gold after 120 packs.

Way I heard it is 6 per 60 box so it'd be about 3 per 30 box or a dozen per 120 count box
    Today did not get off to a good start for reasons that don't need to be shared here. So I wasn't in the best of moods this morning, but after picking up a package from the post office (non lego related!) the guy behind the counter was so friendly and chatty my bad mood lifted slightly.

I then headed to Tesco to grab some lunch and check on any lego bargains, i figured I'd have a quick look at series 10 as I only need a couple more. There was one bag that was really bulging so I thought it was probably Medusa, and at this point I'd like to add that I am probably the worst person in the world at using the feeling method. But had a quick feel of the bag, it wasn't Medusa but I thought it could be bumblebee girl. And sure enough it was - and that was one of only 2 that I needed!!

So my day got gradually better, and half way through writing this i could smell burning, looked out the back to see my neighbour's scaffolding was about to go up in flames so ran next door to help them out! So all in all im now feeling quite chuffed with myself! Not sure what is a better feeling though - finding bumblebee girl or stopping my neighbour's (and probably our) house going up in flames!!
    BrickDancer
    ^ If he asks if you want a reward, it has to be #60003 !

• joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    @minifigman11
    what is the one you still need then?

@minifigman11
    what is the one you still need then?

Last one to get is the decorator, so shouldn't be too hard to get!

• joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    @minifigman11
    send me a pm with your address and ill send one your way... I have bloody loads!
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    ^Laf, I read your last sentence so wrong at first.
    Looks like he needs to either have a doc check his stool or the lead in his pencil.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548

I don't mean to hijack thread, but if anyone can help out, I'm looking for Sea Captain and Tomahawk warrior to complete my S10 set.

The following linky should go to my trade thread (if you must insist on having something in return) :oP lol

bricksetforum.com/discussion/11063/trading-for-cmf-series-10-and-others-bits#latest

• piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    I've had no luck with the sea captain....
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I'm in the us, and have a few retailers around me, so my situation may be different, but I'm curious as to those that are needing only one or two to complete a collection. I find that if I need any particular fig I could find it with little to no problem (well, not Mr. Gold of course).

Is it a matter of just not having a lot to choose from around you?
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    Just got the clown, and his hat has no spots on it. Anyone else had this?
    just2good
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    darthdc said:

Just got the clown, and his hat has no spots on it. Anyone else had this?

Not that I've seen of, but I'd sell that if I were you. That could go for up to $100.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited October 2013
    Me neither, but not so sure the hat missing dots would fetch quite that much (couldn't someone fake it too easily?), but who knows, never know your luck.

Its a nice variant.
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    Been trying to complete the set. Picked up some more from Sainsburys (found 1 that was selling other than S11) and found it. I'm now halfway. Completed S11 quite quickly.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Thinking about picking up a 30 box. Does anyone know the breakdown for a 30 box?
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    Gooker1 said:

Thinking about picking up a 30 box. Does anyone know the breakdown for a 30 box?

Way I heard is that it's half the count of a 60 box
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @Gooker1 Duy, the 30 box has the 2/4/6 count figs from a full box of 60 in half the amounts, 1/2/3 of each, so a pair of the 30 boxes is identical to the 60. FYI I was at Lego Kidsfest in Hartford, CT today and they had "pallets" of sealed cases and were selling them for $1.48 a pack and would go grab a sealed case for you if you asked.... Felt hundreds of packs and found figs for dozens of kids