Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10188 Death Star / 10221 SSD / 10197 Fire Brigade / Trade

LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
I have a large stack of these sets on the shelf, and neither looks like they will retire soon, so I thought I'd offer up a trade to anyone who has retired sets they'd like to move at once.

Did you pickup a bunch of sets on clearance recently? Is your closet full but your bank account empty? Do you want to get a Death Star, Super Star Destroyer, and/or Fire Brigade, but not shell out any cash?

If you'd like to get value from your stash without having to sell it 1 at a time, I'll take it all (or some of it) in trade for these sets.

PM me with your interest and an idea of what you have to trade.

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I have been asked via PM what to expect for trade values.

I should have been clear. I'm offering equal trade values, whatever the current value of your sets is, vs. the value of my sets.

So if your set is selling for $100 on Bricklink, then that $100 can be applied to the value of these three sets. So if you have a combination of sets with a combined current lowest "new-sealed" Bricklink prices of $400, you can trade those for a new DS or SSD.

I'll pay shipping to you, you pay shipping to me. (however, if you don't have access to discounted shipping, I can provide fairly cheap UPS labels)

Basically you're selling your sets for current Bricklink prices with no fees, just trading instead of cash.
  • etemartinetemartin United StatesMember Posts: 32
    You just want sealed sets, correct?

^ Yes, that is correct, new-sealed sets only.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Sent you a PM :)
    Trade completed with @Renny, his items arrived in perfect condition with great packing, thank you! :)

Several trades in progress, however I still have more of these to move if anyone else is interested.

Also, if anyone wants a GE, PS, TH, or TB, I have a small number of each that I'd do as well.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Thanks @LegoFanTexas. Your 3 modular sets arrived very quickly and in great condition. Highly recommended! Looking forward to future trades with you, once some space opens up that is ;)
    Trade completed with @Vaio - his items arrived in great condition, no problems, thank you! :)

I am now out of GE, I have a single PS left... I have a few Town Halls and a few Tower Bridges, and plenty of SSD and DS left.
  • VaioVaio Member Posts: 22
    Thank you @LegoFanTexas just got my set. Had great packaging and fast shipping! Item arrived in great condition. Getting ready for the next trade. :)
  • EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    Let me compile a list of what I have, I will send you a pm shortly.
    pm sent
    Trade completed with @kwkw - thank you! His items arrived just as promised!

GE and PS are now gone, I have 3x Town Hall left, along with plenty of Fire Brigade, Death Star, and Super Star Destroyer.
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,181
    Great trade with @LegoFanTexas always a pleasure to do business with. Excellent communication and fast shipping. One of the best bricksetters. :) Thank you LFT!
    1 Town Hall is left, someone asked me if I have any VW Vans, I have 3 of those left.

1 SSD left, but that is pending on a trade right now, plenty of DS and FB left. :)

Do have other sets, like Joust, if anyone cares about that one.
  • Decroded77Decroded77 Member Posts: 40
    Great trade. Items arrived today in great shape. Thanks LFT.
    Likewise to @Decroded77 - great items, great trade, thank you...
    Total pleasure to trade with @EKSam - items arrived in perfect condition, well boxed, no problems at all. Thank you! :)
    BTW, the last set of trade shipments went out today...

I have a single SSD still remaining to trade, several Tower Bridge sets, and of course plenty of DS and FB sets. Still open to offers of almost any retired sets.
    Awesome trading experience with @LegoFanTexas. He went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect, thank you LFT:-). It was a pleasure trading with you.
    Thank you for a great trade @LegoFanTexas, item arrived in perfect condition. ::-)
    ^ Back at you @EKSam

Update - I have a single Town Hall left and a single SSD left

I have a dozen DS sets left, but I'm getting to the point where I'll keep those, I might do 2 more of them.

I have plenty of Fire Brigade. :)

PM me if you're interested.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    According to Murphy's Law, clearly these sets will retire mere days after you have sold your last ones, so please let us know when that day is. :)
    LegoFanTexasBumblepants
  • VaioVaio Member Posts: 22
    Finished my 3rd trade and working on the 4th with @LegoFanTexas ! Thank you for the great trades.
    Pitfall69LegoFanTexas
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    Do you still have any Jousts? If so, how much do they go for?
    Yes, thanks for reminding me, those are really just waiting around to retire. :)

Currently, those are selling for retail price, $120, so that is the value that I'd ask for them in trade.
    Vaio said:

Finished my 3rd trade and working on the 4th with @LegoFanTexas ! Thank you for the great trades.

Likewise... @Vaio's stuff has always arrived quickly and in great condition. :)
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    Thank you, im interested in one, let me see if I can find something of my own worthy enough.