Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Terminator T-800 1:1

markarm919markarm919 USAMember Posts: 60
I'm not sure if anybody has seen or posted this already, but I was pretty impressed. Its a lifesize model of a Terminator T-800.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thire5/8883024633/
T_Lars

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Hmm, that was a lot of work...

But somehow... just doesn't look as scary as the real thing...
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    Needs chrome. ;)
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    Looks like it is on a diet.
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    Now all they have to do is make a few hundred of them, give it power function, and scare the crap out of people.
    madforLEGO
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,772
    And get it off that stand. It's not very scary when it is being held up.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    That is an unbelievable representation of Arnie, shame the guy who built it has a serious case of red eye.
    y2josh
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 597
    Well, I'm impressed. Now someone needs to make a life-size Short Circuit 1 version of the SAINT Number 5 robot (later known as "Johnny 5" in Short Circuit 2)!
    LegoFanTexas
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409

Well, I'm impressed. Now someone needs to make a life-size Short Circuit 1 version of the SAINT Number 5 robot (later known as "Johnny 5" in Short Circuit 2)!

That would be amazing...

I actually got to see that robot in person many years ago, the gold plated version from the end of Short Circuit 2. It was amazingly detailed, normally movie props are just cheap fake things meant to be used for 5 minutes, but the robot had to actually move and work the whole movie, so it was very detailed and looked "solid".

Sadly, it wasn't on, so I didn't get to see it moving, but I thought it was pretty cool to stand next to it in person.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,772
    Along the same lines, I once met Dusty Bin.
    AnseltheCatcoachieSiE
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,462
    Does that make it a cybernetbrick organism?
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 597

That would be amazing...

I actually got to see that robot in person many years ago, the gold plated version from the end of Short Circuit 2. It was amazingly detailed, normally movie props are just cheap fake things meant to be used for 5 minutes, but the robot had to actually move and work the whole movie, so it was very detailed and looked "solid".

Sadly, it wasn't on, so I didn't get to see it moving, but I thought it was pretty cool to stand next to it in person.

That's really cool; I wonder where you saw it, for I saw a YouTube video a long time ago of that version of the robot. It looked like it was sitting in some kind of storage facility, and even though the video quality wasn't very good, you could see the robot was in good shape. I always wondered why it wasn't on display more prominently somewhere.