Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Batman Movie on Blu-Ray & DVD w/exclusive Clark Kent Minifigure

Comments

• AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    ^ which shipping options did you choose?

Any suggestions about the R1 dvds? What can I do with them here in the UK?
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    I chose the standard international shipping. Errm, not really, we have a regoin free player (think that's what it's called?!) so the kids will watch our copy, maybe ebay them on a free listing weekend?
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 319
    Woohoo. I got home from work and my wife had lego batman waiting for me. She and my son ordered it for my birthday over a month ago so i knew it was coming but did not know when. Clark Kent looks great but i hope the plastic enclosure contains kryptonite because i don't want him to get out for a while. We did open the movie though and plan to watch it later this week.
  • ereiamjhereiamjh Member Posts: 182
    edited May 2013
    AvengerDr said:

Any suggestions about the R1 dvds? What can I do with them here in the UK?

Do an internet search for your DVD player brand and model and "region free". As a general rule of thumb, supermarket own brand players can often be made region free by typing a code into the remote. Big brands like Sony are generally more problematic, and may require physical modifications that would probably cost more than a cheap supermarket player.

In fact, if you have a supermarket player, it could be region free out of the box.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    Received mine in the U.S. I forgot I even pre-ordered it.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Just ordered this from Amazon.com for delivery to the UK :-)
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    ^ same here, long wait for clark kent!
  • psychopuppetpsychopuppet Member Posts: 71
    Picked it up from target this morning. Figure is nice though Target's crack team mangled most of the boxes by putting the spider wire on to tight. Got the one with the least amount of damage.
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 660
    is this figure not coming to uk stores?
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574

is this figure not coming to uk stores?

No confirmation yet.

• PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    Buddy picked up a copy from BestBuy for me this morning.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    My daughter is watching it now :)
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Got my blu-ray copy dispatched today, frankly I don't care if it doesn't play, I just want my half undressed Clark/half dressed Superman.
    Pitfall69
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    edited May 2013
    ^ Mine too.

The blu-ray version is a 3-way ie. it also includes an R1 DVD and UV. You'll definitely be able to play the R1.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,690
    ^ Will it come with the figure, though ? It's shown in the picture, but I can't see it mentioned in the description of either the DVD or BD disc. I've taken a punt anyway, but I'm steeling myself for disappointment....

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    edited May 2013
    Return at their expense if it doesn't! :o/

Having said that, having just had a scout about online, I can't find the Blu-ray version available without the fig.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ Buddy got the blueray/DVD/UV and it came with the minifig (at least the BestBuy version).
    Not to get too off topic but i heard that un-bundling and selling uv codes is not legal. So where is the line drawn? Is it legal to sell the dvd and/or bluray and keep the uv code? Is it legal to keep just the minifig? Is is legal to sell the wiiu codes that come with some chase mccane sets?
    ^But you are a pirate. You should already know this ;)
    yys4ujasor
  • cardgeniuscardgenius Member Posts: 153
    Got mine from Target today. On sale for $13.99 right now! Clark Kent looks great, best figure to come with a Book/Movie yet. I wanted to buy another but this was the last one they had.
  • super_curry_maxsuper_curry_max Member Posts: 75
    Saw this at wal-mart today when i picked up my copy of the dvd. its terribly sad that someone bought it switched the fig and returned it but terribly impressive that wal-mart restocked a returned item so quickly. I wonder if that person bought the two face chase and took the guard out of that, and the other figs, taped it back up and returned it without the other figs.
    ^What is even more disturbing is your obsession with using flash :) j/k Yeah, that is awful. My mother is an assistant manager at a Walmart. She has seen it all. One person was buying Ipads and replacing the Ipad with a book that weighed exactly the same and returning the Ipad. They were doing it in the parking lot.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    edited May 2013
    It's on sale for $9.99 at Best Buy (for the DVD, $14.99 Blu Ray)
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    I saw this in Wal Mart yesterday ( I live in U.S.) and Clark Kent is actually really cool. It's a 72 min long movie and cost $15.00. A good price but I couldn't afford to buy it unfortunately. :{
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Is there a part # for the minifig?
  • PerijovePerijove Member Posts: 116
    Like most everyone else here, I bought the "Batman The Movie" Combo Pack yesterday for the Clark Kent/Superman minifigure, with little regard for the movie itself. I heard it was simply a compilation of the video game cutscenes. I don't own any of the video games (though I have played some of the Star Wars ones) and, personally, I prefer physical bricks to virtual ones. Anyways, I watched the movie and am surprised that no one here has mentioned how TOTALLY AWESOME it is! Even without the exclusive minifigure, any fan of LEGO and the source material (including an AFOL like myself) should seriously consider picking it up. The quality of the movie is excellent (you can even see the slight scratch marks on the minifigures as if they were slightly used). I won't go into any spoilerific details of the plot, but the 70 minute film stands on its own and I would never have guessed it was a compilation of video game cutscenes if I hadn't already heard about it beforehand. I don't post often, but I thought this was worth mentioning.
    lucianLostInTranslation
  • Mars_Needs_LEGOMars_Needs_LEGO USAMember Posts: 23
    I watched the movie yesterday and Perijove is correct, it is awesome. Despite all the 'collection of cutscenes' talk floating about, it is much more than that.

Now I'm really hoping to see the Flash and Green Lantern in an upcoming set, not to mention Wonder Woman's invisible plane!
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    It is indeed a great little movie w/ an excellent minifigure. Here are some more details regarding the movie.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45412

For those that played the game, it is a fun little departure from the game and definitely worth picking up!
  • PerijovePerijove Member Posts: 116
    The special features are also worth viewing.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    Watching it tonight!
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    Very, very cool minifig!
    My 3 year old daughter has watched the movie in full about 12 times and now has memorized most of the lines and knows all the characters.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited May 2013
    Not available in UK AND it's a great movie?!

You guys are killing me!

I love the fig, I want to see the movie... but have no R1 player. Come on TLG or whoever owns this thing, get it out for the Brits!

(oo-er!)
    @legomatt The bluray comes with the dvd and an ultraviolet code, so even if you do not have a r1 player, you should still be able to play the uv copy.
    Pitfall69
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Saw this at my local Kroger's grocery store the other day for $14.99. Couldn't afford it at the time, but will definitely snatch it up soon. Hope it's still there!
    legomatt said:

Not available in UK AND it's a great movie?!

You guys are killing me!

I love the fig, I want to see the movie... but have no R1 player. Come on TLG or whoever owns this thing, get it out for the Brits!

(oo-er!)

We aren't trying to rub it in for sure. My friend lives in Scotland and I mailed him 2 video games that weren't available in the UK.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    I had to get it for the minifig alone. The CK figure was just too cool to pass up. Now I'm on a slippery slope bc I didn't want to venture into any of the super hero themes. I see a Power Armor Lex set in my immediate future though... Followed by a Funhouse Escape... Then of course I will need Aqua Man... Probably will want some more of Batman's foes... The marvel sets look cool too.

And there you have it. A lego budget blown and it all started with one minifig. I have no self control.
    I'm the same way. I purchased a Power Armor Lex Luthor set, and it was all downhill from there. The Funhouse Escape is completely awesome though, and worth every penny. Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout is also very very good, the Wolverine's Chopper Showdown is a must have, and how can you pass up the Iron Man/War Machine/Aldrich Killian set?

Then there's Arkham Asylum. The Flagship. Beautiful set, and tons of villains.

It's over for you. I apologize lol.
    Unlike DVDs, a lot of blu-rays aren't region encoded, some are but most aren't. I should have my copy waiting for me at work so I'll report back if it works on a UK player.

I can't believe the movie is over 70 mins long purely from cut scenes from the game, is that right or have they mixed in some new content?
    I haven't played Batman 2 yet (I'm a bit behind on these things) but I watched the film with my nephews and I (and they) thought it was totally brilliant. Very funny and clever.
    My nephew now wants Lego to produce *everything* from the movie though - WonderWoman's invisible jet, Joker's boat and command centre truck, Robin's motorbike. I might have a go at a BOLOCs Batmobile for him at some point.

Oh, and my favourite line from the film: "Even his receptionist is evil."
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    Just got my Clark(s) here in the UK.. Whoa the amazon box is so different, as if it indeed came from a distant land :D
    @atkinsar No, the movie has a lot of new content. The cut scenes were also adapted for a more movie like experience.
    ^ thanks and good to know. I'll watch it now! Hasn't arrived at work today though so will have to wait a little longer.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Wasn't planning on picking up this, but everyone's giving it good reviews so maybe I will have to. The fig is just a little bonus.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited May 2013

@legomatt The bluray comes with the dvd and an ultraviolet code, so even if you do not have a r1 player, you should still be able to play the uv copy.

I'm a techno-dullard and don't know what UV is... :oP

That's right, I play cd's in my cd player, and I don't own a single i-tune or mp3. :oD
    I must admit I always used physical media for movies and music prior to getting this movie. However, I saw that the code expires so I decided to activate it and I am happy I did. Since my son is going to watch this the most, digital makes the most sense (no risk of little fingers damaging the disk). Plus I think I can install it on a tablet (android or ipad) for long road trips.

In the process of setting up my uv and flickster accounts (both are needed to get the digital copy), I also set up accounts on cinema now and vudu and got about 20 free movies in the process. Most are garbage but there were a few watchable ones in the mix.
    Very very happy Amazon.com customer here, I got my dvd and Clark Kent minifig today, exactly one week after placing the order. I went for expedited international shipping rather than standard but still, it's arrived way before I was expecting. And he's so very cool! :-))
    Went out today and bought the movie and minifig. The Kroger's was sold out, but the K-mart nearby had a couple left. Haven't watched the movie yet, but the minifig is superb. It was $14.99 at the K-mart too. They had The Empire Strikes Out for 10 bucks. I didn't buy it, but I'm thinking I should have...
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    Am I right in thinking that the bluray would work fine on a ps3 in the uk, since ps3 is region-free?
  • morezonemorezone Member Posts: 207

Am I right in thinking that the bluray would work fine on a ps3 in the uk, since ps3 is region-free?

PS3 is region free for games only. All movies are region locked.
    LukeSkywalker