Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Star Wars The Yoda Chronicles

sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 782
Just saw some of this on Cartoon Network this morning just wanted to know if anyone knew if it has already been released or if it's going to be released on dvd and blu-ray ? Thanks, Ben

Comments

• CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,354
    The Yoda Chronicles are premièring on Cartoon Network on Wednesday evening (29th of May). There are some previews on the Lego Star Wars website: http://starwars.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx

I would imagine that the episodes will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray disc eventually, but we will have to wait and see, most probably in a similar format to The Padawan Menace and The Empire Strikes out movies.
  • MeadleMeadle UKMember Posts: 84
    The first episode was on in the UK this morning at 8.30 on CN Too. I think it's repeated this evening.
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 782
    I thought i'd heard it was starting on the 29th but wasn't sure if that was just the US or the UK aswell so was a bit suprised to see it on in UK this morning. Hadn't noticed its start date advertised over here, but now my youngest son is eagerly awaiting its release, thanks for the info guys and i'll keep looking out for any release info.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    7pm tonight on Cartoon Network (channel 601 on Sky)
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    I'm surprised it was on today, I also thought it was the 29th, I've set it to record tonight anyway.
  • Northern1Northern1 Member Posts: 5
    no
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,191
    It was sort of funny... maybe the jokes are getting old. They need to package the DVD with the other 2 episodes and with minifig. Makes me want a new General Grevious with cape.
  • dejavudejavu USAMember Posts: 235
    Is this show animated or is it stop-motion?
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited May 2013
    These seem to be operating on a law of diminishing returns, I found Padawan Menace quite funny, Empire Strikes Out less so, and Yoda Chronicles - didn't chuckle once. It's almost as if it wasn't made with a 37 year old audience in mind; my son seemed to enjoy it anyway.
    leemcgadiemcLegoFanTexas
  • not12fallnot12fall Member Posts: 65
    Not as funny as the rest.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    I was surprisingly looking forward to it. I enjoy watching the Padawan Menace and Empire Strikes Out with my two young boys. My two sons and I lost interest within a few minutes. Just not as good writing and it felt a little stale.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,411
    Just watched it with my kids, they loved it but for me it lacked so much of the quality and charm of the Padawan Menace and even Empire Strikes Out and was it me or was it also very heavy on the set product placement. That said without spoiling it I loved the appearance of one ship with its father and son team.
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    edited May 2013
    @atkinsar
    "It's almost as if it wasn't made with a 37 year old audience in mind"
    This was funny, though.
    Dry sense of humor you have.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Am I the only one who wants a Jedi Temple School Bus?
    Ha, apparently not, I just found this... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Make-the-Jedi-Temple-School-Bus-into-a-Lego-set/380644365286400
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 323
    I enjoyed it and thought that the story was better than the mini-movies but the script was not as good. That said I did like a lot of yoda's dialog. I really hope that when they release the DVD/Bluray they will include an IAN minifig.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,354
    I recorded it and have just watched it. I thought it was brilliant! Anybody who says they have never wanted to hear Yoda say "how I roll, that is" is lying.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    I liked it more than the Empire Strikes Out, and there were definitely some lines that made me chuckle... wi-fi being the one example that made me LOL.
  • greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
    I might be the only one here that actually enjoyed it more than the other ones. I find the other ones trying too hard to be funny. This one didnt seem to be squeezing jokes in every scene. My son doesn't seem to enjoy these star wars ones at all but will sit through the 3 chima episodes over and over.
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    meyerc13 said:

I liked it more than the Empire Strikes Out, and there were definitely some lines that made me chuckle... wi-fi being the one example that made me LOL.

I thought that was definitely clever. I also loved they way Grievous was odd man out on everything. It was a lot of fun for me and the little one. Way more contained than ESO, and better "put together." Get it? Put together. Nevermind.

"A trap, it is!" Ackbar: "DUH!"
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    Was this just a one-shot? I thought it was going to be a series but it wasn't on this week, Ninjago was on again. It seemed like there was going to be more of the story. I want a minifigure of that new bad guy if they make him with that transparent arm.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,764

I want a minifigure of that new bad guy if they make him with that transparent arm.

He's in #75018.
  • greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
    Does anyone know if this will be shown on UK TV and if so when please? I understand the US/Canada is on tomorrow.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    I want a Hawaiian shirt Yoda from the book. But as far as minifigs go, the Yoda Chronicles/Jek 14 came with some great ones.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Yoda Chrinicles "Episode 1" and the new "Episode 2" air early tonight starting at 6:30 Central Time...

• jallenukjallenuk Member Posts: 1
    greekmick said:

Does anyone know if this will be shown on UK TV and if so when please? I understand the US/Canada is on tomorrow.

No news on the UK air date as yet but it's being relesed on DVD (along with the first part) in the UK on 30th Sept £5.99

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Films-TV/DVD/STAR-WARS/Star-Wars-The-Yoda-Chronicles-DVD-The-Phantom-Clone-And-Menace-Of-The-Sith/product.html?product=E11279169

Legoboy
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,191
    Watched the first part of Ep 2 tonight... Almost unwatchable and it doesn't make me want to buy the Chronicle subset anymore. Definitely geared towards 4-6 yo.